Bugs n Exploits

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
I can't wait until they fix more bugs/exploits. Line of sight doesn't even seem to be relevant half the time. Destro was taking Stoneclaw Castle in High Pass while I was there buying upgrades. I ran out to the balcony to see how many were there and obviously got targeted by a few. They were beating on the door so no Destro's were inside yet. When they started nuking me I ran to the lord to lose LoS. I was stood at the lord spam healing myself while Denna, Dinadur, Peste and Booms nuked me from downstairs, outside of the keep. :twak: Nice one guys. Fix LoS ffs :(

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I can't wait until they fix more bugs/exploits. Line of sight doesn't even seem to be relevant half the time. Destro was taking Stoneclaw Castle in High Pass while I was there buying upgrades. I ran out to the balcony to see how many were there and obviously got targeted by a few. They were beating on the door so no Destro's were inside yet. When they started nuking me I ran to the lord to lose LoS. I was stood at the lord spam healing myself while Denna, Dinadur, Peste and Booms nuked me from downstairs, outside of the keep. :twak: Nice one guys. Fix LoS ffs :(

well, it might not be abuse.

i notice a lot of DD spells are daoc type `bolt` stuff that takes 1-2 secs to reach the target. if it gets succesfully casts, running in cover will not save you as they will hit you.

this may or may not have been the case.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Same here. I got killed by somebody I couldn't see; I assume it was the disappearing keep bug.

Zede

Part of the furniture
well, it might not be abuse.

i notice a lot of DD spells are daoc type `bolt` stuff that takes 1-2 secs to reach the target. if it gets succesfully casts, running in cover will not save you as they will hit you.

this may or may not have been the case.

Edit - CoC infraction alert!!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Same old DAoC f8 target at keep fights bug that seemed to be happening at times.
Spam nearest enemy like a maniac and spam your DD at the same time, makes you hit people inside the keep way out of LoS.
Not played DAoC for a bit but if they haven't fixed it there don't hold your breath on it being fixed soon here.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Game is suffering from many old DAoC glitches, same game engine. Might be a newer version but it's still the same crap.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Same old DAoC f8 target at keep fights bug that seemed to be happening at times.
Spam nearest enemy like a maniac and spam your DD at the same time, makes you hit people inside the keep way out of LoS.
Not played DAoC for a bit but if they haven't fixed it there don't hold your breath on it being fixed soon here.

2 things might be responsible for that.

1) a caster hit someone with an AE on who he has line of sight and you just happen to be within the radius of the target.

2) someones lag ghost was the target of an AE and you just happened to be within the radius.

it`s normal to hit a number of people where on who you have no los if they stand close to a legit target.

i think of most ranged AE type spells of grenade type things. you throw them on the head of 1 person and everyone around him get hit by shrapnel even if they stand in cover towards the person who threw the grenade.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
now now muly, the last thing you want is everyone here at the Warhammer forums knowing what a cnut u are.

still, one way to make room on an overpopulated server i suppose

more interesting input, keep it up.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
once you start the spell... even if the target gets out of LOS or range you still hit with that spell...i know that because i play sorceress for main

rynnor

Rockhound
once you start the spell... even if the target gets out of LOS or range you still hit with that spell...i know that because i play sorceress for main

Aye - lag seems to be a factor also - guess the server thought you were one place and your client another.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
It wasn't a single bolt that followed me from the balcony to the lord. That did happen and it's to be expected if the bolt was cast while I was in LoS but landed once I was out of LoS. I was being nuked still once I got to the lord and continued to be nuked until it finally killed me. Could of been lag but I suspect it's more of a LoS bug.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't a single bolt that followed me from the balcony to the lord. That did happen and it's to be expected if the bolt was cast while I was in LoS but landed once I was out of LoS. I was being nuked still once I got to the lord and continued to be nuked until it finally killed me. Could of been lag but I suspect it's more of a LoS bug.

during closed beta, i once got killed inside a keep while there was absolutely no way i could have been hit from outside...

then i logged into to the other realm (can`t do that now) and asked the guy who killed me what had happened and he said that he logged in, inside the keep owned by the enemy (us) i`m not sure this still can be done.

but the way you tell, it sounds like a bug.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Could have been DoT's and lagged nukes/bolts, If the DoT crits it can look like a nuke. From what I've witnessed the LoS and distance checks are all done at the start of the spell.

Worst one I've had is from Eng Turrets that continue to fire through several walls long after you moved from LoS.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie

Its a bug whereby all the walls disappear, its very bizzare to see, but everyone gets moved down to the ground floor, you can see everyone and target them and kill them, occasionally a player will appear in midair runnid up or down stairs but even if you are on battlements you appear on the ground floor, as does the oil etc.

You can also move into an invisible wall and so be very hard to target by the enemy; effectively making you an invulnerable killing machine. This isnt a rare graphics bug - I've been running to the Stoneclaw castle to get renown gear and this bug stops you from talkig to the merchants there, happened 4 times now out of 6 I have been there.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Its a bug whereby all the walls disappear, its very bizzare to see, but everyone gets moved down to the ground floor, you can see everyone and target them and kill them, occasionally a player will appear in midair runnid up or down stairs but even if you are on battlements you appear on the ground floor, as does the oil etc.

You can also move into an invisible wall and so be very hard to target by the enemy; effectively making you an invulnerable killing machine. This isnt a rare graphics bug - I've been running to the Stoneclaw castle to get renown gear and this bug stops you from talkig to the merchants there, happened 4 times now out of 6 I have been there.

THAT is clearly a bug that needs fixing, lol.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
had it once with the bright college, was running tru it :) afk and autorun ftw :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom