Bugs from OB

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
So i havent found a similar thread, if there is one redirect me please and delete this :)
I wanted to make a Bug list for easy reference, dunno what it will be good for, but here we go.

- dead bodys need to long after looting to vanish, making piles of dead impossible to loot in a reasonable time

- it is to easy to "fall down" behind the elven starter first quest giver, needs a higher fence :)

- playing a SW, sometimes after an hour or 2 of play, my arrows start to not vanish from shooting. When i chain pull mobs arros stay in various shapes on-the-move graphics.

- the peaceful quest tracker cant be moved when you adjust your UI.

- the War band UI parts are interfering with on the screen mouse clicking.

So, i will try to keep this updated, maybe people give some input.
IMPORTANT: I want this a thread for the BUGs not goa flaming, so keep that out. Thank you.
I wil, if people contribute, update this list every now and then.

Faya

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
- dead bodys need to long after looting to vanish, making piles of dead impossible to loot in a reasonable time
smth that could help for this is to learn scavenging, makes the bodies dissapear

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Only realy bug I have come across is the frequent mobs who cannot be attacked. Seems particularly bad around the PQ areas.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
why just not report em ingame?
for people that wanna verify that it's a bug or intended
just clarification or to let people give advice on certain things

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't go too deep or to the other end of the cavern though.
Last time I checked those out , there was a lvl 40 Hero/lord at the end.

Re-itemazition and that mob prolly made the wires cross a bit :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Only realy bug I have come across is the frequent mobs who cannot be attacked. Seems particularly bad around the PQ areas.

In the first greenskin PQ I always had at least one bugged mob, mostly when the dwarf guy sends his soldiers into slaughter...erm...battle. If they bug out, they are unattackable, but can still attack players nonetheless.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
It was suggested to take the scavenge trade skill. But you shouldnt need to learn a skill to be able to loot monsters.

- it is to easy to "fall down" behind the elven starter first quest giver, needs a higher fence :)

- playing a SW, sometimes after an hour or 2 of play, my arrows start to not vanish from shooting. When i chain pull mobs arros stay in various shapes on-the-move graphics.
This seems to be gone.

Well i cant eidit my post so i have to redo /add

- When on the overview map and hovering over Alduin, the Bounty hunter quest giver has no name

- a high number of LOS/Mobs stuck in scenery/cant attack troughout 2 zones
now

- Alt/Tab after some time of play and going back to the game gives a black screen with sounds in the background

- Smoking to much during the game session results in severe headache the next day

This was the 2nd day of Beta in the HE area.
I even encountered my first WE player in a HE pve zone :) Sadly it ran away ;/

Faya

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
for people that wanna verify that it's a bug or intended
just clarification or to let people give advice on certain things

Why not just report anything you suspect to be a bug and let GOA make that determination?

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Oh i do report all i find. But i think its not bad to post those bugs aswell in case the service in game might oversee them. As we know the CM of GOA browses some forums it might help. If for whatever reason this thread annoys you let a mod delete it :)

Faya

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
MMmmmm where do i begin well first of all playing as a melee class is pretty much pointless as all you are going to see in rvr is target is out of range, target cannot be attacked.You will see an enemy beside you and then bang hes half a mile away, in public quests (which are pretty cool i must say) its very hard especially as a sword master to hit anything as ranged dps keep pulling mobs all over the place which again will lead to you seeing target is out of range as you are like a foot away from a mob its seems even more idiotic when u see just how big a sword masters blade is lol.Now i have never in all my time of playing mmo's seem so many bugged mobs its seriously game breaking at least 1 out of every 2 mobs is bugged its aweful.I am having serious doubts about buying the game now with this constant target is out of range message when im standing right beside the enemy and hes hitting me but i cant hit him.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
MMmmmm where do i begin well first of all playing as a melee class is pretty much pointless as all you are going to see in rvr is target is out of range, target cannot be attacked.You will see an enemy beside you and then bang hes half a mile away, in public quests (which are pretty cool i must say) its very hard especially as a sword master to hit anything as ranged dps keep pulling mobs all over the place which again will lead to you seeing target is out of range as you are like a foot away from a mob its seems even more idiotic when u see just how big a sword masters blade is lol.Now i have never in all my time of playing mmo's seem so many bugged mobs its seriously game breaking at least 1 out of every 2 mobs is bugged its aweful.I am having serious doubts about buying the game now with this constant target is out of range message when im standing right beside the enemy and hes hitting me but i cant hit him.

Yes, it is lag. At some times the server buckles abit, if you happen to be in a scenario by then you might lag. I dont lag and if then i useally have a way longer arm then the range heh. Oh and beeing in a group with a MA helps against things, just tsay infront puller :)

Faya

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
It was suggested to take the butcherie trade skill. But you shouldnt need to learn a skill to be able to loot monsters. I watched a player with said skill and mobs piled still. Scavenging doesnt help neither :)

It comes back after some hours of playing and stance changing. So it points to another memory hole maybe

- When on the overview map and hovering over Alduin, the Bounty hunter quest giver has no name

- a high number of LOS/Mobs stuck in scenery/cant attack troughout 2 zones
now.

- Alt/Tab after some time of play and going back to the game gives a black screen with sounds in the background

- choppy GFX after a certain time of play, pointing towards a memory hole of a kind.
Relogging when it starts and waiting 1 min or restarting comp seems to fix that for another few hours.

- Smoking to much during the game session results in severe headache the next day
- Orcs are so GREEN!

This was the 2nd day of Beta in the HE area.
I even encountered my first WE player in a HE pve zone :) Sadly it ran away ;/
P.S.: to add, i played another few hours after :) And scenarious rock, i havent encountered any bugs there...but tbh i was to busy killing DE :)

Faya

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Animations (they are really bad for bowers - she shoots at a 70 degree angel, while the mob is in front of her - sigh?)
Arrows/bowstring - Should be visible.
Can't sit down (so annoying)
Spawn time (more annoying)
WoW-rvr-queue (i hate the wow-rvr)
Too much running - flightpaths are needed (i know there are flightpaths, but some times you can't fly to another zone, dunno why).

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I think that's lag, TreD..

I play a melee and I've noticed that lag too, and like TreD haven't seen it in other games, it's like the mobs suddenly move about 5 feet, they should hide the latency better imo.

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Yup this is not standard lag its a game issue, at this point in game melee is pointless in RvR.And dont bother with the "its lag nab" replies as its clearly not as im chasing said mobs and am little more than a foot away yet cant hit them but alas ranged dps are raining down death, maybe ill play ranged class like 90% of the other people seen very few melee in game is this why?.And like i said you can forget about PQ loot as melee when you cant even hit half the mobs this needs to be adressed asap as its game breaking.(dont start me on how over powered DoK is,complete joke tbh).

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Animations (they are really bad for bowers - she shoots at a 70 degree angel, while the mob is in front of her - sigh?)
Too much running - flightpaths are needed (i know there are flightpaths, but some times you can't fly to another zone, dunno why).

I agree to the animations not erm..synched and the arc is sometimes...arcward^^. I can see my arrows, will check my bowstring (now how THAT sounds:kissit:)
Why would you want to sit down?
What is wrong with the spawn time? When you died or of mobs?
The only queu i noticed was because no destro players for a enemy match up were availabel.
As big as the world map seems, the ingame time to reach anything is pretty small. Just set the bind in the next new warcamp, works for me.

I actually not tried to make this a "what could get better" thread :) i only wanted to make a list of Bugs, but as that isnt needed according to some people why not make suggestions aswell.

Faya

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Yup this is not standard lag its a game issue, at this point in game melee is pointless in RvR.And dont bother with the "its lag nab" replies as its clearly not as im chasing said mobs and am little more than a foot away yet cant hit them but alas ranged dps are raining down death, maybe ill play ranged class like 90% of the other people seen very few melee in game is this why?.And like i said you can forget about PQ loot as melee when you cant even hit half the mobs this needs to be adressed asap as its game breaking.(dont start me on how over powered DoK is,complete joke tbh).

Oh i would never call anyone "nab", that is for other threads and persons really.
I will start a melee now then today. Maybe a WL if that counts. Or for scenerie change a WP. Ill be back here :)

Faya

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

While thats not a bug, it is a bit annoying

Not really a bug. You sure arrows are not visible? I know bullets are, or at least were

Why is that annoying? Not a bug

Why is that annoying? Every game has a respawn timer. Not a bug

There is no rvr queue, rvr is open world pvp and there is no queue for that. There is a queue for scenarios, but thats just because there are not enough players to populate that scenario at that time, there can be multiple versions of the same scenario running at the same time. Not a bug

You can fly from any zone to any other, with a horse your maximum running time from any point to a flight master is only a few minutes and you can use your personal portal if you want to save time

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
I have tried at least 3 of the ranged class's and can confirm i have had none of the melee issues with hitting targets, unless this is fixed soon i can see there being no tanks in the game, they need to fix the bugged mobs asap its getting even worse.On a plus note after all the doom and gloom following the worst ever OB in the history of mmo's mythic have laid the foundations for a very very good game here lets hope that goa get there act together and give this game the chance to grow.

Ps. (both mob and player animations are woeful,cant understand why the animations are this bad do mythic hire animaters straight out of secondary school?) :kissit:

karrion

Fledgling Freddie
only played for a few hours last night but it seems on the surface that its a very well written game.

I did get some minor lag issues but nothing thats going to make me shout an scream. They have already made some tweaks to the servers today so im looking forward to tonight.

1 bug I did find (only a minor thing and you see it in other MMOs all the time) 1 recently killed body jibbed out, and could not be targetted.

Thants all I got atm

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
The latest US beta build fixes some of these issues:
2843081726_db61714143_o.png

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed a strange one this morning. The headings on my chat tabs are invisible. :eek7:

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Found a crash to desktop bug (have submitted it)

If you are rank 3 (or n) and you are in a scenario with 99% renown to rank 4 (or n+1), and you complete the scenario, the award of the renown crashed the client, happened about 3 times for me.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
That "target cannot be attacked" bug is seriously getting on my tits. -.-

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
So, i played a melee class now then, WP to lvl 12.
I only have "cant see target" when it warps out whilest i move forward and mob moves at me.
In certain PQs, when mobs collide with items.

Free standing mobs, i wont say never, but for sure not to any extend to complain it as a game breaking bug.

And the good news is, i had a talk with a CSR INGAME, so yes, our bugs get compiled and worked on.

Keep em coing and /b them

Faya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom