Bugged groundtarget?

N

noaim

I am experience a problem with setting my groundtarget, very odd one.

I can only set it at certain, small areas. In emain, its some places around amg, and at mtk hill...when I run downf rom mtk hill I cant set it anymore, if I run up I can.

If I stand on the "boarder" of where I can and cant set the groundtarget (this is the same place all the time, after numerous relogs and reboots), press my GT button, and spin around in a circle, I can clearly see where is boarder is, as when I look in the dir where I can set the GT, I can see the marker, but when I look in the other dir, it disappears. The marker appear/disappear at the exact same spot every time.

So my question is: Have anyone else experienced anything like this, and if so, how did you fix it?

L

loxleyhood

I assume you can't set a gt past the zone wall. ;)

N

noaim

Originally posted by loxleyhood
I assume you can't set a gt past the zone wall. ;)

How do you mean? I cant even set it infront of mtk, if I run down the hill.

O

old.FIN

post to rightnow and hope they fix that bug inside this century

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.FIN
post to rightnow and hope they fix that bug inside this century

They actually answered within 5 mins. Nothing useful tho. But they said Mythix dont guarantee compability between DAoC and Windows 2000...altho I never experienced anything like this before and I have been running Win2k since I started playing.

A

Anu

ok this is OT but maybe not OT ;)

How do you raise the gtaoe target .. setting distance is no prbs.. but hight I can't work out ..

thx :)

C

chensin

Bugged ground target

There is a fix in 1.65 for ground targetting problems, which I experience also. Apparently, high end machines that produce 'too many fps' cause the ground target button to fail.

Check the 1.65 patch notes, for the following fix:

Fixed a bug where keys that were held down (such as Ground Target,Mouselook, etc) would not work in high framerate situations.

There ya go. Now just a few months waiting for GOA and you will be happily gt'ing again.

Ta, Chensin

C

chensin

When I can get my gt to work at all, pressing S and X to raise and lower the ground target respectively works fine enough.

The entire thing doesnt raise, just the yellow dot thats normally in the middle of the gt square.

Theres apparently a /groundset command coming soon also, not sure if its in 1.64 or 5.

Animists are great, when yer gt doesnt work properly.

Ta, Chensin

N

noaim

Re: Bugged ground target

Originally posted by chensin
There is a fix in 1.65 for ground targetting problems, which I experience also. Apparently, high end machines that produce 'too many fps' cause the ground target button to fail.

Check the 1.65 patch notes, for the following fix:

Fixed a bug where keys that were held down (such as Ground Target,Mouselook, etc) would not work in high framerate situations.

There ya go. Now just a few months waiting for GOA and you will be happily gt'ing again.

Ta, Chensin

Bah so I need to downgrade my machine to be able to chase stealthers? Thats just great :)

Also shows how much GOA knows, but thx alot for your answer :)

A

Alia_CBH

To raise and lower in default keyboard setup use s and x

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Alia_CBH
To raise and lower in default keyboard setup use s and x

turn on mouse look.. hold down ground target and move the mouse. and the mousewheel to raise lower.-- fastest way to do it.. if not preciese.

*note.

if you do /gr <asssistme> and then tap the gt you can see where the assist is.

If you tap GT then Tap again the moment it starts to fade it will "Stick on" .. great if your running as a duo stealthed as you can see where the rendevouz point is :D

DS

A

asorek

for you may all rejoice at the next patch for you will have /macro Groundset /groundset XXXX and u can make your GT at any macro range u want...i.e 1500 for RvR 900 for PvE etc etc

cant wait myself..might start playing my animist seriously again!

Users who are viewing this thread