Bug or what ?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Lets say i shot a player A, then is instant interupted by Player B, no damage, nothing and only a split second to target me for player B before next arrow is fired. Often player B cannot target at all or even use anything since im at bow range. So is it item or ml or something new in this patch ?

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
just beacuse u didnt take no dmg dosnt mean u didnt get a spell/bow fired at you.

you could've been near sighted/debuffed/shot (but u evaded) etc.

even if ur at bow range u can still be targeted.

or maybe player A and B, were grouped, Player A had nothing selected, you shot him and he auto selects you, Player B notices this and then clicks /Assist player A macro, thus targeting you.

etc :p

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Squalion said:
just beacuse u didnt take no dmg dosnt mean u didnt get a spell/bow fired at you.

you could've been near sighted/debuffed/shot (but u evaded) etc.

even if ur at bow range u can still be targeted.

or maybe player A and B, were grouped, Player A had nothing selected, you shot him and he auto selects you, Player B notices this and then clicks /Assist player A macro, thus targeting you.

etc :p

Maybe 1 sec between shots, and if im hit by anything it will show in log, and
sometimes i notice its tanks. Which tank can interrupt me with no damage or anything from bow range ?

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
try turning effects on, watch for stuff that makes nice glow over yer head or whatever. and read the log because you might find something intresting about the whole interupt thingy there :D

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Teiten said:
try turning effects on, watch for stuff that makes nice glow over yer head or whatever. and read the log because you might find something intresting about the whole interupt thingy there :D

If effects and full log not on i wouldnt ask.

Lets take an example from real rvr.

I hit Bard A
BM B in combat with others a good deal away
I will cycle shots so he has maybe 1 sec to break of combat,
target or assist on me and sprint towards me and interrupt me at rather long range. Then in same second after he interrupts me he gets a DS.
That sounds rather imposibel, unless some kind of auto interrupt or item.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
If effects and full log not on i wouldnt ask.

Lets take an example from real rvr.

I hit Bard A
BM B in combat with others a good deal away
I will cycle shots so he has maybe 1 sec to break of combat,
target or assist on me and sprint towards me and interrupt me at rather long range. Then in same second after he interrupts me he gets a DS.
That sounds rather imposibel, unless some kind of auto interrupt or item.

Maybe if it was a bard he used insta amnesia on you?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Larc said:
Maybe if it was a bard he used insta amnesia on you?

The my logs whould show i was interrupted by Bard A, not by BM B.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
1 theory ...

if tank B got intercept on Bard A ... and the intercept makes 1 of his proc's go of .. but you are out of range ... (man this is far out) ...

so you get the interrupt .. but you dont get the dam becuase of the range ..

i never played a tank so not sure if intercept could work this way .. but just a wild guess..

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
or maybe you just got outskilled?

Yes why dont you use your great knowledge and explain how a BM, and others who should not be able to, can interrupt me at range in a split second.

I know the good rvr guilds protect and assist on certain members, like you shot Healer A and hell brakes lose and 200 savages comes after you, but this is different.

In the above example im stealthed, crit barde 1 time, switching then to rf but is interrupted in maybe 0,5 sec so second arrow wont release. After the interrupt i continue to fire at barde, and BM continues to fight other targets ignoring me completely. So its some kind of autointerrupt, ml, item or bug.

Filip said:
1 theory ...

if tank B got intercept on Bard A ... and the intercept makes 1 of his proc's go of .. but you are out of range ... (man this is far out) ...

so you get the interrupt .. but you dont get the dam becuase of the range ..

i never played a tank so not sure if intercept could work this way .. but just a wild guess..

Yes that might be true, but howcome i hit barde for damage ?
Also noticed in on other classes like a sm's and they dont get intercept.
No negative effect at all just the interrupt.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Boo fucking hoo, u tried to leach, some1 got the better of you and u got owned, stfu and try again

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
Boo fucking hoo, u tried to leach, some1 got the better of you and u got owned, stfu and try again

Have i said i died or didnt kill the barde ? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fairly sure reactive procs work vs arrows i am sure one of mine went off when i was dueling a ranger, range wasnt that great from dl pad to the doors out into rvr land.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
fairly sure reactive procs work vs arrows i am sure one of mine went off when i was dueling a ranger, range wasnt that great from dl pad to the doors out into rvr land.

Yes procs do work to interrupt at some range, but

a) If im hit by a proc it will be listed.
b) How can a proc from Player B go off when i hit Player A for damage ?.

Its not a traditional proc, or atleast is from toa item or ml.

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
may i voice a suggestion, my dear mr. fluid? as a gentleman, of course. why dont YOU shut your mouth and crawl back to your cave? if you ran out of pieces of chalk to draw with, i can lend you a few. wait, there's calcium in your teeth, i bet if you accidently knocked them out, you could perhaps grind them enough to make them useful for doodling with?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Crimson LoneWolf said:
may i voice a suggestion, my dear mr. fluid? as a gentleman, of course. why dont YOU shut your mouth and crawl back to your cave? if you ran out of pieces of chalk to draw with, i can lend you a few. wait, there's calcium in your teeth, i bet if you accidently knocked them out, you could perhaps grind them enough to make them useful for doodling with?
hi, who are u? what r u talking about? are u too stupid to see kinad got owned?

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:

Fluids just bitter cos hes shit and cant compete.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Grymdaal said:
Fluids just bitter cos hes shit and cant compete.

ffs, why do warders i dunno keep trying to insult me :<

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:

calm down mate....its just a game :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:

Have a DoT reactive on my shield, has gone off a few times when engaging someone, but its something like 300 unit range, I think a DD is longer, not sure tho.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
hi, who are u? what r u talking about? are u too stupid to see kinad got owned?
Obviously you are too stupid to understand what happened there, so you're trying to cover it up with flaming.
It's a decent question regardless of the fact if he got owned or not, so why would it even matter?

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic's wonderful interrupt system.

Send feedback and tell them how much you love it.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
ffs, why do warders i dunno keep trying to insult me :<
classic...

maybe becuz they feel the r on the "inside" of the l33t ppl if they flame the same as all others...

been there, done that, gotten the f00king t-shirt!

Fluid, when ppl start flaming u with no apparent reason its becuz ur moving on up on the social ladder... ehem... RESPECT-ladder ofc!

;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Kinad said:
Yes procs do work to interrupt at some range, but

a) If im hit by a proc it will be listed.

yes but it wont show up if ur out of range for the proc, and afaik all the offensive procs only have 1500 range, so even if it DOES go off u wont take damage and thus not show in ur log.....

what exactly does it say in the interupt message? does it say "xxxx is attacking you and your shot is interrupted"??

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
hehe man some1 should study the social structure of excalibur community..

mr fluid feel's so cool that if a "warder" insult's him it really dos'nt count becuase you are not entilted to an oppion before rr5+ or something...

and it seems to me tha meduza supports him in that view....

fluid COULD chose to comment the attack but he dont .. he chose's to go for the man and remove his "rigths" to an oppion ..

allso kinad get's some wiping ... the reason here is that he is an "addnoob" which i guess means he is not the "club of nooble FG warriors" who are entitled to an oppion.

it is a bit like in OOLDDD days when i played starcraft... in the channels ppl could disquess anything like which politic oppion was the most sensible.. and if some of the "elite" ppl got owned in words he would go "STFU YOU STUPID NOOB ... 1v1 !!! OR YOU TO SCARED !!!" ... like the game could be used as who was rigth or wrong in any case...

imho the "computergamers" community's are interessting becuase they are like RL communitie's x 1000... the anonomyous toons you got is used to air feelings that you normally wouldnt let come out so clear..

well a bit of track here from the post ... /as sry for spam!!

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
perhaps snareing tendrils that interrupted you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom