[VIDEO] Bug.... or hack?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
FAO MODS: I've editted the video to cover the combat log and target window so you can't see the players name and you can't make out the name above his head either. So I'm not naming & shaming :p

I saw this the other night in Serpents passage, at first I was certain it was someone cheating but after the encounter in the video I never saw the player in question do anything out of the ordinary for the rest of the game which maybe suggests a bug. Opinions?

The video

Sorry for quality/lack of sound :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like he's using the hack to me anyways. I hope you reported already.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
First time I ever saw a dorf helecopter was in Phoenix T2 CTF Scenario. It came down out of the air right on our flag before we could even get there from starting point. At the time I had no idea they could not do that. I was instead cursing Mythic for giving Order uber pets :)

The vid is a bug. Same thing has happened to me in TA on top of the volcano. I sank into the rock after a knockdown. Also seen it happen to an IB right in front of me. Seen some very od positional bugs in this game including a similar one where my horizontal position was out from the game graphics. So crossing a bridge I sank into it and the other side of it I start walking walking up into the air. Only way to sync back was to relog char.

Also, had bugs where my char is in permanent knock down position. Only standing up to cast.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
What hawkwind said.

I've been knocked back and then ran from the fight, chasing the carrier of the SP salvage.

Managed to kill the salvage bearer easily, none of the enemy chased me to support him, and he took no evasive measures as I charge him.

After capping the salvage for our team, my mate asked me where I was, On my screen I was right beside him. He claimed he couldnt see me, but if he targeted me using the group selection, his arrow was pointing at me.

I can only guess I was underground, jsut not displaying it on my screen.

It reset after the match, and I didnt get the chance to attack the other side properly (not wanting to get hit by the ban hammer, nor pick up a bad rep, but also not wanting to loose the exp for the win :p )

The guy in the vid may not even know that was happening to him.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like acombination of a bug and some lag, i often have some people targetted and they are on my toes, next second they appear out of range. Lets just blame opentransit a little.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
i lost count now of how many times i've been beating on someone and Whooosh!! they suddenly end up miles away. an its always the ppl who are going to die.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Why complain? It's the smoothest launch in recent MMOG history and with such experiences you've got more value for the money than with any other MMOG.

On a serious side, this video shows exactly on so many sides why playing a melee class in Warhammer is next to pointless.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I'm downloading the WoW TBC trial :( yes I'm bored, btw its a quite common bug ingame, happened to me 2-3 times after i got knockbacked, also one time after I finished a scenario my char could fly , the movement arrows only made me fly higher - I couldnt even relog cause I was still moving and couldnt stop it, so had to close application with ctrl-alt-del, then logged back 1km in the air, fell down and died.

GG mythic

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i sometimes have a bug where i seem to sink in the floor or fly in the air, or where my char isn`t placed onscreen where he is suposed to be, or where he remains in constant casting animation or remains laying flat on the ground unless he is moving or casting...

i don`t know if this erratic behaviour is only on my own screen or if other people also see it like i do tbh.

mounting/dismounting (where possible) seems to fix it for me.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
its different Muylaetrix. Sometimes you only see it, sometimes only others see it and sometimes only others see it. Wife and me have the PCs right next to each other here and sometimes after knockbacks in particular the animation goes fubar, pretty easy to spot since we see each others monitors.

The positioning is really really weird aswell, we are basically never in the same spots when comparing screens, doesnt matter if we run or stand still. Something isnt right and thats just it.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
The positioning is really really weird aswell, we are basically never in the same spots when comparing screens, doesnt matter if we run or stand still. Something isnt right and thats just it.

me and a mate did this at the weekend too, position was out a shocking distance some times. explains why a lot of the roots on my sorc dont work when my target and myself are both moving

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest that looks like a hack, yes we've all lagged etc but I've never, ever seen something like that. It's too erratic and he's still interactiving with others as he does it. Imo that's definately someone using an iffy bit of software.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest that looks like a hack, yes we've all lagged etc but I've never, ever seen something like that. It's too erratic and he's still interactiving with others as he does it. Imo that's definately someone using an iffy bit of software.

I have seen this before in Mourkain Temple, 2 WE's doing just this, warping randomly all over the place and through the floor etc. Thing was often they would be hitting me but were out of range for me to melee them. Make of that what you will.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Like I said, the fact I never saw him do it again suggests it was a bug.. and he was still killed fairly easy so not a huge problem :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
Hmm have seen others under the floor and have experienced it myself, you can't be hit when this happens but you can hit others as normal... but I've never seen it at that speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom