Bug in backup styles ?

A

Aravis

Just something for you to be aware of;

As most are probably aware already, the last patch introduced cancel and backup styles.

One thing I've found though is that you may not do as much damage when you use the backup styles as you thought you would.

E.g. Bash (stunning shield style, chains off a block) used as main with amethyst slash as backup.
If I block I'll do a bash, if i don't then I'll slash. What I've found though in either case is the damage I do is for the bash not the slash.

For me this is roughly 40 dmg i miss out on each hit which, when soloing, (bloody tangler groups so high and mighty with their 'we're waiting for someone' or not even bloody bothering to reply) can mean the difference between getting and losing XP.

Disclaimer: 40 slash, 29 shield @ 40th lvl (not including bonuses), so variance may be playing a part but it still doesn't explain why my slash style is doing shield damage...

M

Mikal

I have had no such problem

I use backup styles all the time with my SB, hamstring -> garrote or hamstring -> achilles heel,
in either case, if I evade and do a hamstring, I get the bonus for a hamstring, if I don't evade and do a garrote or achilles heel, I get the bonus for those styles. Never noticed anything remotely like what you describe, and there's about 15-20 dam difference between hamstring and garrote at my level, so it is not something I have overlooked

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Aravis
Just something for you to be aware of;

As most are probably aware already, the last patch introduced cancel and backup styles.

One thing I've found though is that you may not do as much damage when you use the backup styles as you thought you would.

E.g. Bash (stunning shield style, chains off a block) used as main with amethyst slash as backup.
If I block I'll do a bash, if i don't then I'll slash. What I've found though in either case is the damage I do is for the bash not the slash.

For me this is roughly 40 dmg i miss out on each hit which, when soloing, (bloody tangler groups so high and mighty with their 'we're waiting for someone' or not even bloody bothering to reply) can mean the difference between getting and losing XP.

Disclaimer: 40 slash, 29 shield @ 40th lvl (not including bonuses), so variance may be playing a part but it still doesn't explain why my slash style is doing shield damage...

tip: don't do tanglers ;) get a group and do something not hideously overcamped

one thing they have noticed is if you do a shield style backup with a sword style - you end up doing the sword style with the shield...

i.e.
You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly(+50)
You hit the Lesser Telamon with your ironwood Tower Shield for 118 (-12)

S

Sarnat

So when I do revenge and provoke as back-up, I should get revenge damage for my provoke? Sadly, I dont. I wish I did tho!

OR... it might be shield related but I highly doubt it.

A

Aravis

Looks like I was right <me looks smug>.

From Camelot Herald;

========================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.54I Test Release Notes

Wednesday, October 20, 2002

========================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

-<blah blah blah>

- There was a bug that prevented back-up combat styles from working properly if one of the styles was shield-based. This has been fixed.

F

Flimgoblin

they said they fixed a bug :) didn't say what...
so I'll claim to be right too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom