Bug Free =) its great!

E

Eyeinthedark

been paying for almost a week now, and havnt run into a single bug krash lockup, freeze, change of color etc etc : )

I have played Eve-Online - anarchy online - Planetside - Rubies Of Eventide - Asherons call 2 everyone of them had loads of bugs.

This is the first complete bug free mmo i have played =) and i think its great just, this aspect alone is a huge plus :) ,,

so here is to the Developers ,, *cheers*

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Erm... one can tell that you didn't play from the start then.

Oh - have fun with the class balance. Devs did a great, great, great job there.

Bugs - quite some still
Game balance - wha?

S

snoz

Yes but bare in mind this game has been out alot longer then any of the games you mentioned above.

I'm sure if you played Everquest or Ultima online you would be happy to find they are even more bug free then DAOC as they have been out longer still.

All MMOrpg seem to start off buggy and by a couple years down the line they get fixed pretty much from major bugs.

Daoc still has quite a few smaller bugs.

E

Eyeinthedark

No been playing for one week now :) ,,

still anarchy online have been running for i think even longer than DaoC and it is LOADED with bugs of all cind.

S

snoz

Anarchy Online is not older then DAOC ... im SURE its not ?

I was on beta test of anarchy online and im sure i played DAOC then ... might be wrong though my memory is about hazy ;]

S

snoz

Just checked gamespot

There review of AO was dated 06/26/2001 and daoc 10/08/2001

So your right yea ... hmm i must have played AO while I was still playing Ultima online.

AO was a buggy mess, possibly the worst beta ive ever played on.. AC2 was pretty bad too though tbh :]

E

Eyeinthedark

I played ao for 1 and ahalf year, its been around for more than 2 yrs that i know off , so its pretty old :p

and its still soooooo buggy. Eve-online is pretty bug free though so considering its knew u could ccut it some slack.

But from all the mmos on market today i would say DaoC is the most bug free,, cause i know SWG is buggy as hell and a friend says EQ is a big buggy 2.

K

katt!

Originally posted by snoz
I'm sure if you played Everquest or Ultima online you would be happy to find they are even more bug free then DAOC as they have been out longer still.

wish i had the link to the 10 page list of bugs introduced by the new UO expansion :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
cause i know SWG is buggy as hell and a friend says EQ is a big buggy 2.

Uhm... hello? SW:G is barely a month old with the devs obviously working hard to iron the bugs/exploits out.

DAoC is out since when again?

And a friend of a friend who knows someone who has a sister who had a friend who played Super Zaxxon on a C-64 told me that the graphics are utter shit!

Can you believe it!?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by katt!
i jus dont get it. sum1 help meh plz

Name one MMORPG (or any game meanwhile) that is completely bug free a month after release.

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Uhm... hello? SW:G is barely a month old with the devs obviously working hard to iron the bugs/exploits out.

And a friend of a friend who knows someone who has a sister who had a friend who played Super Zaxxon on a C-64 told me that the graphics are utter shit!

Can you believe it!?

Well i dont really feel like taking into consideration the fact that some game is new, as a consumer i just look at how a product is now, not how it has been or how it will be in 6 months from now.

I bought this game so i could play and have fun now, i woudnt keep playing a game just cause it had potential and it will reach that potential after a few months.

I dont feel any obligation/duty or even care about the game companys, it is just a game that needs to be good when i buy it.

Its cool if you can cut some game slack cause its new, or wish to help make it better, it is nothing wrong with that.

Just not how i feel.

K

katt!

random cockswinging

there is a difference between a bugged release and a bugged release.

A

agreiloth

Actually even though DAoC had bugs at the beginning it was ALOT less than AO, evercrack and basicly all other MMORPGs that existed when DAoC was released. And if you read all the old reviews of DAoC that's a common statement : DAoC was "stable" from day 1 (well it's allways in the eye of the boholder ofc ;)).

Class balance is another issue, but then again try PvP in other MMORPGs... DAoC isn't half bad imo...

just my 2c :)

Oh btw I'm glad you like it Eyeinthedark, it's so rare to read positive things about this game on these forums... keep it comming ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by katt!
there is a difference between a bugged release and a bugged release

... mmmkay :rolleyes:

And Matt - comparing DAoC and EQ is like comparing apples with pears.

Or in case of DAoC: comparing Lego Duplo with Lego Technics. :p

O

old.Tohtori

Name one MMORPG (or any game meanwhile) that is completely bug free a month after release.

Super Mario Brothers 2.

Tried to find one but there just isn't one. Nothing to abuse. Nothing to get some extra dodo. It's just bugfree.

M

mib666

Can you believe it!?

SWG = No CONTENT, just read the many reviews. (Not Sony sponsored ones :p )

S

snoz

Originally posted by agreiloth
Actually even though DAoC had bugs at the beginning it was ALOT less than AO, evercrack and basicly all other MMORPGs that existed when DAoC was released. And if you read all the old reviews of DAoC that's a common statement : DAoC was "stable" from day 1 (well it's allways in the eye of the boholder ofc ;)).

Class balance is another issue, but then again try PvP in other MMORPGs... DAoC isn't half bad imo...

just my 2c :)

Oh btw I'm glad you like it Eyeinthedark, it's so rare to read positive things about this game on these forums... keep it comming ;)

Im sure 99% of people really think DAOC is ace .... its just they enjoy whinging and its easy.

I myself think mythic rock .. but GOa fucking suck .. :/

H

heilel

I think DAOC is great.
I don't think I've ever played a game for this long, well, apart from Elite on the C64 many years ago.
I bought DAOC last year around May and still going strong.

O

old.Normengast

I have been playing DAOC ever since the beta and I can count the problems I had on one hand.

Of course there will always be people who are not satisfied with their char. The mids complain the albs are overpowered and vice versa. This cannot imo be taken into account when this person talks about "bugfree"

And of course there will always be cases of PEBKAC

K

kinag

Well, people dont play cause they like whining about it etc.

People has fallen in love with the game, and spendt so many hours playing it that they really dont want to quit, they just whine about GOA etc cause they want people not to notice that they like this game so much :p

And yes, this game is good imo, or else I wouldnt spend so much time playing it! :eek:

B

Belsameth

how the hell did you manage to turn a 'Hurray for DAoC' into a whinefest?

anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself Eye :)

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Belsameth
how the hell did you manage to turn a 'Hurray for DAoC' into a whinefest?

anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself Eye :)

: ) beats me, though maybe cause i mentioned SWG

S

svartmetall

You should try going to Delling Caldera, where most of what mobs drop is impossible to pick up because of how utterly bugged the place is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom