Bug, Cheat or Coincidence?

S

sarsean

We met 2fg of hibs running together this morning in emain at about 3:00 just btw. Not complaining, we managed to get one or two every fight with 3 of us in the group ;p

What does intrigue me is a particular bard, Naptime, who only gave 1RP on the 2 occasions we killed him. Now, if this happens once, I can put it down to coincidence. But it happened twice with about 30 minutes between the two occurrences. Now that makes me wonder.

How is this possible? Has the person deliberately had himself hit by mobs, I've heard this is possible, and if not, is there a cheat someone can use to get this effect?

Apart from the fact that we were outnumbered, as I said I can deal with it as it's part of emain, it's just not fair when we do kill one in these situations we are only rewarded with 1RP.

If it's coincidence, so be it.
If it's something he has done deliberately, shame on him.
If it's a cheat, I hope he gets banned.

I have the SS to prove it; I just don't know how to get it on.

B

blademistress

Some of us might do that my dear Konah, but did you really think anyone on these whining boards thinks that way? :)

S

sarsean

I agree with your comments with respect to the fun part. I do have fun. However, I think you are missing the point. I am asking if this is a bug, coincidence or a cheat.

Would you be so kind to answer that question?

And btw, the moment an element of cheating is brought into the game, would you still be able to maintain the element of fun?

I am not whining. But I guess you will do your best to make it so ;p

N

NetNifty

I know how its done but I'll go as far as to say it can be done by anyone, its not bug abuse and its been possible to do for a VERY long time :/ Somebody posted how its done on VN boards and now a hell of a lot of ppl are doing it there it seems and I would prefer it not to happen here.

S

sarsean

Thank you Tharion.

I guess I will report it then as the thread suggest that it is possible to exploit the bug. The fact that it happened twice in the space of 30 minutes leads me to believe it's done on purpose.

P

Powahhh

happened to me also about 1 month ago with a hib n00b
killed him 3 times in 1v1 and got 3 rps.....
so it is bug yes and hope oneday someday some1 gonna fix it ......oneday
:p

Y

-yoda-

naptime according to duskwave is lvl45 and has 3k'ish rp's so maybe thats why he gave crap rp's ?

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by -yoda-
naptime according to duskwave is lvl45 and has 3k'ish rp's so maybe thats why he gave crap rp's ?

lvl 45 + 3k rps should give bout 800 rp in solo kill

B

behatch

hasnt hapened and i carnt say i'd give a rats arse if it did.

W

-Wedge-

Its not a bug, and its not something the other person does...

Its the anti-rp farming code in DAOC that causes this... A few months ago a group of mids was mad at me & taglim for 'doing' the same thing... Basicly it was the same group that killed us over and over again, and the anti-farm code kicked in and only gave them 1-4rps per kill :D

So its not a bug or cheat, its a feature...

Have fun farming the same person, over and over and over again... I'm sure he has 'fun'...

B

Blazor Meneth

I know, but wont say how to do it :p

Couse the dem infills won't give any rp when I finally manage to kill em :p

Users who are viewing this thread