bug abuse?

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
Well some people run full speed in top of the water, and is the same he is at 5% of life he run and run and run with full speed?

Is a bug? i report some people about 10 times and continue in game, maiking this, anybody can answer me plz?

Thx

Septina

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
No idea wtf you mean :|

Aboooooooo, he means the water thingie, you move as fast on 100% as you do on 1% on the water surface and afaik its not abuse.

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
Well my english is not very good i try to explain.

When you are at less of 30% of life beging move more slow, but if move in the water in rvr not move slow, if you are less of 30%.

I think is a bug than some people use to run and run away (the most evident is Cylian than always make :eek:).

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
Well i report 2 m8s some times and continue in game, can any Goa or Mythic say if is abuse or not?, is for know if i spend my time to report or not.

Thx.

Sorry i delete the names :eek:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
mentioning their names here will get you no where. except a closed thread.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Didnt someone get banned for this a while back?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Purposely doing anything which is clearly not supposed to be used that way, ie water bugs, bugged boats etc, is bug abuse. Get caught/warned multiple times and you'll feel the ban stick.

When you're low on hp, the game says you should move slower. If you are doing something purposely to move at full speed, you are bug abusing.

It's hard to prove that it's being done with malicious intent though.

Edit: Oh and people are constantly banned for various things like this - just that nobody finds out.

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
All I know its not a bug abuse but it is definitely a bug that some people tend to use all the time. They cant really ban people for swimming in the water or trying to run off with under 20% health. This is why I rather continue on my way than fight some of the people I know that likes to abuse all the other thingies in water too.

Some time ago there was someone claiming he was banned for this in US but not sure what the end result was if he got banned for that or something else actually.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,
Currently it is as designed although a fix for this is under review. It is not exploiting as a player cannot choose to move slower than normal.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
Greetings,
Currently it is as designed although a fix for this is under review. It is not exploiting as a player cannot choose to move slower than normal.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

If that's true then maybe I'm not thinking of the same 'bug'.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Just today skald swam away from me at 5% swimming backwards.. would be nice if they atleast flagged the acces using bugs like this

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The backwards-in-water thing IS a bug and IS abuse.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
dont think mythic really know what the other hand does sometimes tbh...

illu

Part of the furniture
Didn't Ciliviel Civiliel whatever SB get banned for that? I imagine he did it a few too many times perhaps - I dunno :(

But I can see both points of view - in theory you can't do anything about it, but in practice - if you do it ALL the time, then yup - it should be classed as abuse.

Oli - Illu

Septina

Part of the furniture
illu said:
Didn't Ciliviel Civiliel whatever SB get banned for that? I imagine he did it a few too many times perhaps - I dunno :(

But I can see both points of view - in theory you can't do anything about it, but in practice - if you do it ALL the time, then yup - it should be classed as abuse.

Oli - Illu

no, he got banned for speedhacking or some other 3rd party shit, atleast thats what Sanya said on the Herald.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
or it was the reason he got banned, and being Mythic, they couldn't admit they screwed up :p

Conspiracy theories for the win! :p

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I cant see how they can ban someone for swimming away at full speed if thats what the game lets them do tbh without them doing something "cheaty" as well to make it happen - if you are low on health surely its your choice to stay or flee - if the game isnt coded correctly once damage has been taken then its their fault tbh - dont get me wrong I hate bug abuse as much as the next person who hates bug abuse but that surely cant be considered one - how on earth are you meant to swim slower ? just tap your keys only if you are below 30% health to simulate slower swimming?

Maybe its the currents in the water that keep people moving so fast - bet no-one has thought of that eh? Maybe Mythic are master coders at water current simulation !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom