Buffing in Thid.. a question

M

madferrit

Something that is becoming a pet hate/worry/question of mine in Thid (Albion) is when there is a mix of classes, there is very little in the way of buffing from the support classes!

Now i know that its each to their own etc, but id kinda expect (in the interest of realm success) that the wizzies etc would lay about with a few dam buffs, clerics might lend a few const buffs and so on to aid in the 'war' effort. But in the vast majority of cases when i come out of the PK (even when in a group) the wizzies etc buff themselves and no one (or very occasionally) else.

Now this is not the rule there are some kind ones who will drop a buff which i am most grateful for (i kinda doubt the middies or hibbies do tho hehe), but it seems so infrequent!

Im kinda interested as to what happens in the other realms, do you get buffs as the course of things (im forever seeing buffs from the middies in particular) or do you have to spam 'BUFF PLZ!' ?

Just wondering why this might be the case, especially when i see whining Albs moaning that Alb is crap etc.. is this part of the rot?

:( :( :(

T

Trish

The buffing classes (caster, minstrels, bards, druids) remember you with warmth after you leave them to die in heat of battle by some stealther. Everyone always forgets to protect their supporters and runs off and leaves them to open prey. That could be a one reason.

O

old.Krusha

or learn to play unbuffed, will help you in the end (knowing your weaknesses etc etc) .. and when you DO get buffs you will be unstoppable ;)

L

legot

i usally have no probelm getting wizzie buffs,when i see wizzies they're usally buffing people

O

old.moriath

heehee im always buffing our SB and other classes with bubbles and dmg adds :D

Just so they can come gank your infils and stop them hitting me

Just makes sense imo.

T

Trish

I hate you Ljornn, just to tell :) I don't know why they call our realm the magical one when some ugly dwarf comes from midgard and nukes everyone dead. Nearsight really sucks :) See you today.

I'm still learning how to play my mana eld after having 2 ns's in the bg's. Yobwoc is his name now.

A

andrilyn

The reason people dont buff you in Thidranki is because stealthers cant buff(only self)..

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Trish
I hate you Ljornn, just to tell :) I don't know why they call our realm the magical one when some ugly dwarf comes from midgard and nukes everyone dead. Nearsight really sucks :) See you today.

I'm still learning how to play my mana eld after having 2 ns's in the bg's. Yobwoc is his name now.

Heehee good to know im making an impression. Was that you at the ruins last night ? Or at Hib Bridge ?

Just gotta love aoe nuke when you hibbies all stand together.

Specially when some wanna be manabomb runs up to the melee heehee.

Oh and nearsight is cool when you havent got a spec'd bolt :D

Come into my range mwahahaha

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by old.moriath
heehee im always buffing our SB and other classes with bubbles and dmg adds :D

you know that CS pierces BT's right ;)

btw i got 3 rp to go then ill graduate from Thidranki, but will be making an effort on a BG3 specc, but i gues im the only one going there :(

O

old.moriath

You CS does pierce BT but if an assasin gets in first the other doesnt get the opportunity to CS .. and anything that stops a blow may save you life.

I had plenty of time been left 1 hit from death. And would have been dead had I not had the original miss that BT saved.

also when SB run away after 2 shotting casters saves them an arrow in the back.

It has lots of uses.

Add up how much damage will be saved in a fight if every mid has a BT at the beginning of it.

It does make a difference.

M

madferrit

HEH!

Some funny responses thx :p

But what i meant was, infs aside... i understand that playing unbuffed should strengthen your 'skills' but when you come across a middie/hibbie with full buffs, the outcome becomes quite depressing. So when i see 'ALB SUX IM OFF TO MID' posts etc and other general comments in the BG, i was wondering if the percieved lack of buffing could be an issue that gets people down/pi$$ed off?

I mean from my own experience try as i might, when i meet someone who is buffed then i get a bit miffed when i get steamrollered <shrugs>.

Just to reiterate, there are a lot of ppl who do give buffs freely YAH! and to me it makes all the difference, not just from a winning point of view, but from being able to be competitive.

Just my 2p

O

old.moriath

well you would have a bit of an advantage over us middies if your clerics buffed you all the time. Since you got more healer / buffer classes that people actually play. I think most of the time the middies in thid are just on a temporary suicide quest. As a lot of the time there are no healers or shammies to rezz us let alone buff us.

The majority of middies in thid are tbh unbuffed. I kinda got round this by wearing a complete set of lvl36 DF armour to get my resists etc up.

Here is hoping that all you albs continue to not recieve buffs

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A

Aule Valar

my shaman buffs every mid he can, the longer they live the longer i do, though i admit i do keep myself fully buffed, sometimes at the expense of buffing others completely

R

rynnor

Originally posted by Aule Valar
my shaman buffs every mid he can, the longer they live the longer i do, though i admit i do keep myself fully buffed, sometimes at the expense of buffing others completely

I think thats fair - If you die they lose all the conc buffs anyway plus theres one less person to res em :)

O

old.The McScrooges

Not buffing?

Are you in the same group? Are you the person that ignores the questions of who's running the chat group or space in your group? Or are you the person that keeps getting buffs and dying?

Generic and rhetorical 'are you's by the way.

The battleground is a playground and like you the buffer wants to get out there and have fun and not be a buff bot. The only safe place to buff is in the Portal keep and why should I buff you if you then speed off and leave me talking to guards or taking conc points from my group.

I'll buff, heal and rez to high heaven anyone that lets me 'leech' from them :)

Users who are viewing this thread