Buffbots, Will you use one?

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
ok from what i can gather there no that good...but all the little helps

from playin daoc i had 3 accounts an certainly helped my play i could pretty much solo in Tuscan's Glacier or farm the WoW or Raumarik

i doubt very much that we wil be able to solo (per 1 account) some of the higher end mobs but is it possible with mini group of main + priest or druid?

so who will be going buffbot way ....or ...not

me personally i WONT be ....single account for me now

erm how the hell u do a POLL ??

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think there will be much bots, buffs are spread out over different classes, tbh, I haven't really heard about bots in WoW.. please correct me if im wrong

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Used bb in daoc, and will absolutly use it if its any point in WoW.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
wont use BB in wow, there is no real single "buff" class, as all the buffs are spread through out the classes, think only class that has no self buffs is warrior (correct me if im wrong, they might have some ive just never heard of them :D )

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Closest i'll get to using a buffbot in WoW is being a self made Alchemist, the potions produced from it are really quite handy :)

Shortlegs

Regular Freddie
NO buffbot for me this time around .

My wife is going to give up EQ after four years and join me. Will be the first MMOG we play together - she can buff me hehe :drink:

Bah, she will probably demand gold for that... :p

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Druid bb with the resist/ac/Stat increase yesyes ;o

takes time to level that tho.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Just make sure your buffbot isn't automated:

Bot-Using Accounts Banned
Ryann, 08/12/2004
We have recently verified that certain individuals were using third party "bot" programs to automate their characters in World of Warcraft. A bot is used to play an account non-stop, allowing its user to accumulate money, items, and experience without actually requiring the user to be physically present to play the game. The use of bots is a violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and is absolutely prohibited. Therefore, the accounts identified as having used bots have been banned. Blizzard Entertainment is committed to maintaining an environment of fair play in World of Warcraft. As stated previously, the company has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating or hacking of any kind. Players caught using a bot program to automate any of their characters' actions will have their characters removed and their account banned. They will not receive a warning. Over 300 accounts have already been banned for offenses of this nature.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you suspect someone of using a bot, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at hacks@blizzard.com or submit a GM ticket in-game. Thank you again for your continued support.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
NO!

Because they are the work of the Devil :flame: i tell ya!

JUST SAY NO! TO BOOF BOTTS!

Granted in DAOC you 'HAD' to use one to stay competitive (grrr hated that) but the buffs in WoW are handled differently they are spread out more across class... nothing is better than having a good grp with their boofs, even having a druid as a BB :p

I just hope Blizz doesnt go down the Mythic:- hmmmm lets encourage BB accounts so they pay more money MUHAAWAWAWA approach. :kissit:

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
I just personaly intend not to even attempt making any type off BB. Those that do ruin the game like daoc did. When people make BB's, yeah sure they get the advantage. And why shouldnt they? They've paid for another acc. Leveled it up.

But what your forgeting is the other people who either dont have time, or cant afford a BB.

Blizzard rules state no BB's allowed i think. So im guna be that bastard that reports you for using one :flame:. I dont want people to leave the game just because they need a BB to actualy stand a chance in pvp. It was the same in DAOC and i dont want it to happen in WOW.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Have one in daoc, and not gonna get one in wow. Simply because its not needed for enjoyment, and will even be impractical. I.e. in PvE i wont need it as all classes can solo perfectly fine, and in pvp it wont be practical because of the short duration on buffs and no class having more than a couple buffs, which you can get with alchemy anyway.

Gegge

Loyal Freddie
Buffs got a duration of 30 minutes at best (afaik) so buffbots might not get used much or used at all. The classes with buffs with this long duration are: priest, druid and mage (if I missed a class or two, correct me :p).

Now, I think most groups will have a priest (main healer + fear etc) and a mage (good damage + polymorph etc) so the intelligence and stamina buffs are kinda guaranteed. Druid on the other hand I'm not that sure of if it's going to be a "core" class, so if people are gonna use buffbots I think druid will be the class to take that role.

The druid buff, Mark of the Wild, which gives +385 AF and +16 all stats (with improved MotW 5) is nice of course but it doesn't seem like a must to me :p
Guess it depends on how optimized you wanna be, but getting a buffbot for a buff that only lasts for 30 minutes, seems like a lot of effort (leveling it to 60 + the rebuffing every 30 minutes part (maybe you need to move it around a lot as well)) for so little benefit imo :x

All in all, I guess time will tell...
I will probably not get a buffbot myself tho, I didn't have one in DAoC (borrowed my friends' buffbots :p).

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty sad to see all the ex-DaoCers unable to think outside of the box. Listen very carefully, you don't need a second account in WoW to be competitive. I know this is a hard concept to grasp after Mythic basically designed DaoC with the exact opposite idea. But in WoW its really true....

I won't use one, and the day when I feel I have to is the day I realise that Blizzard are a bunch of muppets just like Mythic, and go and find another MMORPG.

Until then, yay for WoW!

seaotter

Fledgling Freddie
Really no point so no. Then again never used one in daoc either.

nevermind taurean druid

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Chesnox said:
Pretty sad to see all the ex-DaoCers unable to think outside of the box. Listen very carefully, you don't need a second account in WoW to be competitive. I know this is a hard concept to grasp after Mythic basically designed DaoC with the exact opposite idea. But in WoW its really true....
Hey i take offence from that remark. I've played daoc, used bot. Would never think about using a bot in WoW.

Why?

Downtime in WoW is so low, and xp is faster, and quests are more rewarding, and its just simple to play with just your char or in group.

Ohhh, and i dont have to be looking for all thoose buffed infils with 1 or more friends as back up attack players running around solo. Worst i ever saw in Daoc was 13 infils popping on my thane. Even funnier was the mid group running them over with a nice mezz when i was on 5%. Since the stealthers in WoW are not as overpowered as their counterpart in daoc was i dont really see this problem either.

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
First person who uses a BB in WoW should be shot :kissit:
Besides, like everyone pointed out, they're not really usefull here

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Put this question to DAoC players three years ago, and you would see the same "I'm not gonna use a bot, it's lame" attitude. Most daoc players don't use a bot because they want to, it's because they need to.

It took a year before BBs became really common. The SI client made dual-booting legal, which brought BBs to the mainstream.

After ~6 months of WoW, there will be opted fotm-groups and such... should they need a druid-bot, you can be sure every group will start using one, regardless of what's said now.

There's no doubt BBs will be used in PvE.

Also the bans Blizzard are giving to "Bot" users are not buffbot accounts... but those which use macros for crafting, fishing etc.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You don't need a bb though in WoW anyone who has actually played this game for longer than 4 hours knows this.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
After ~6 months of WoW, there will be opted fotm-groups and such... should they need a druid-bot, you can be sure every group will start using one, regardless of what's said now.
QUOTE]

Your prolly right... but isnt the fact that the basic mechanics behind each game are quite different, thus the fact that the buffs in WoW are spread across classes rather than all on one char (in the main i.e. Clerics) will discourage BB's? I doubt they will never turn up.. but to be most effective i.e. FOTM + BB you would need a few BBs tagged on your ass !!! (saying that i did see once a guy with 3 accounts on a US PvP server running around with 2 extra chars that were his BB's.... )

Im hoping Blizz have seen the issues in other games and are trying to rectify these sorts of problems... I for one do not want to HAVE to run a 2nd account again :(

Gegge

Loyal Freddie
Escape said:
Put this question to DAoC players three years ago, and you would see the same "I'm not gonna use a bot, it's lame" attitude. Most daoc players don't use a bot because they want to, it's because they need to.

It took a year before BBs became really common. The SI client made dual-booting legal, which brought BBs to the mainstream.

There's no doubt BBs will be used in PvE.

yup this will prolly happen, but the impact won't be that huge as it is in daoc.
if u have like a priest and a mage in the grp for example, u will only lack the buff from druid really. im refering to grp pvp in this case tho, as a soloer it might be better to get maybe a priest bot for the big stamina boost or smth :p

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Not gonna use a buffbot and technically they don't actually exist anyway, like people already said the buffs are more spread.

A lot of people didn't make buffbots at the start of daoc cus they didn't know buffs made all that much difference. Then people (e.g. the new Alpha) began to realise a 50 enhance cleric really does make a char insanely overpowered when fighting unbuffed peeps and used them to gain an advantage. Then more and more arrived as people had to have one to compete solo, then top end groups starting using them until eventually almost everyone had one!

Personally I ended up getting one to help with pve just after SI was released. Reason being I wanted to roll my 5th alt and the guild was up for making a pbae pve group from 1 to 50, trouble was nobody wanted to roll a cleric. I thought it would be a challenge to play 2 chars at once in a group so bought a second account and never regretted it. Many times I used it to farm in pve (duo with a matter caba was so overpowered till damage shield got nerfed) and had a lot of fun, never used it in solo rvr but eventually succumbed to using it in group rvr :(

In WoW I'm planning much the same, pve'ing with 2 chars at once is great fun, and having a priest as one of my chars should ensure our guild never lacks a dedicated healing class (at least when I'm online :) ). Other great thing is once I do reach 60 I can pick which one I want to PvP with. In daoc it took me ages to settle on one char, no doubt I'll be the same in WoW and I'll save a lot of time levelling two chars at once! :D

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
not gonna use one, cant be arsed going to a bot every 30mins and keep changing the bot location

would only use arcane int anyway

Yoni

I hate to appear stupid but in a group situation when tackling loads of mobs how would your two accounts work. I have played eq2 and the fighting is much much slower than it is in WoW so I could see that handling two accounts would be easy. Having played WoW I cant see it working in there.

I can see that having more than one character to finance your main character being easy enough also but that imo is not a buffbot and you don't need two accounts for that.

There is no point in having two accounts in WoW :eek:

snol

Fledgling Freddie
realy hard to use bbs to as if it is to high lvl the buffs wont work :p you will just get a msg your target is to low lvl

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Yoni said:
I hate to appear stupid but in a group situation when tackling loads of mobs how would your two accounts work. I have played eq2 and the fighting is much much slower than it is in WoW so I could see that handling two accounts would be easy. Having played WoW I cant see it working in there.

I can see that having more than one character to finance your main character being easy enough also but that imo is not a buffbot and you don't need two accounts for that.

There is no point in having two accounts in WoW :eek:
Well I only played up to level 10 in the US WoW beta so I have no idea how it will handle in high level group instances. In daoc though having a spare cleric around (even out of the group) was always useful, emergency healing, rezzing etc. If it turns out not to be useful I can always just cancel the account after my first month.

Main reasons though are like I said to ensure a priest is always online when I'm online, might turn out that they aren't as essential in a groups as clerics are in daoc, we shall see. Other one is to have two chars at level 60 after x amount of time instead of just one, gives me a choice on who I want to PvP with (wish I'd had 2 accounts for daoc pvp, even though it didn't last long).

Finally I'm not entirely ruling out the possibilty of using one of my 60's to help level another char although that very much depends. For example levelling a paladin in daoc was way more fun with a reaver of the same level on my second account and in the same group rather than my buffbot on /stick outside of the group. Hopefully powerlevelling won't be possible in WoW anyway and I can just make another fun duo (btw those who still play daoc and might be reading this and haven't tried a pala/reaver duo, go try it :) )

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
From my time in the US OB, nearly every one who I passed that was capable of buffing me did ....

/wave Thanks!

Why bother with a bb when you have a great community at hand ;)

Yoni

I think you need to see for yourself :/

The buffs are split through out the classes.

As for rezzing not only a priest can rez, durid (although 30min cool down) / shaman and pally can also.

Also as Krunch-X said the community buff you lots anyway. I just think you are wasting your money that and as I stated earlier you can have two characters on the same account so you can level them both to 60 and choose which one is needed by your group.

This is not DAOC nor is it EQ or EQ2 yes it is an RPG but not as you have played one before....

Turamber

Part of the furniture
BB will not work in WoW, I think some of our posters need to check their DAoC mentality at the door. The buffs are widespread and on timers, plus when you die you are not thrown back to the same starting point - you are rezzed at the nearest graveyard which, in the most interesting places, is usually an enemy town.

If you depend on your buffs you will have to travel back to your bot, rebuff then head back to wherever you were fighting.

I guess some people will use them but, imho, they will be of spectacularly little value and a pain to use.

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
BB will not work in WoW, I think some of our posters need to check their DAoC mentality at the door. The buffs are widespread and on timers, plus when you die you are not thrown back to the same starting point - you are rezzed at the nearest graveyard which, in the most interesting places, is usually an enemy town.

If you depend on your buffs you will have to travel back to your bot, rebuff then head back to wherever you were fighting.

I guess some people will use them but, imho, they will be of spectacularly little value and a pain to use.

what he said..

plus daoc buffs last forever while wow buffs have a maximum timer of 30 minutes and what everyone said : there isnt one class wich can buff you more than 2-3 buffs.
So, Buy a second account/pay every month/level it/run to your bot everytime you die/get couple buffs only.... just not worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom