Buffbots in Catacombs - usefull?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Was pondering if i "needed" 1 or 2 copies of Cata, so does anyone know if you can actually bring your 50 bb with you into killtask instances and such? Or is it designed so only certain levels can come in, or must you be solo etc?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Think its like it fits the players in it, so if you got a level 20 and level 50 BB it will be very high level mobs for the 20, but killable by the 50.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Fana said:
Was pondering if i "needed" 1 or 2 copies of Cata, so does anyone know if you can actually bring your 50 bb with you into killtask instances and such? Or is it designed so only certain levels can come in, or must you be solo etc?
To follow you into an instance the buffbot has to be grouped with you otherwise he'll go into his own instance without you. For killtasks, your group all get the task and you can't enter the dungeon without one, so again, he needs to be grouped with you to be able to follow you. The monster levels in instances are capped for the level of the instance, so if you have a level 25 party with a level 50 buffbot attached, all the monsters will be grey to the BB and no-one will get any exp or drops, unless of course the buffbot is the group leader in which case all the mobs will be high purple and will almost certainly eat a lower level party - even with capped buffs.

Helme

Resident Freddy
What if you disband the bot while inside the cave? Does he get ported out?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies :) I ordered only one, will try to play the game as its supposed to to played ^^ If i find i want cata for the bb later to exp in non instanced cata areas i can always get another copy.

Back to the basics!

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
What if you disband the bot while inside the cave? Does he get ported out?

yes

that's actually a nice trick ... just before you die do /disband and you're instantly teleported out of the dungeon :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shanaia said:
yes

that's actually a nice trick ... just before you die do /disband and you're instantly teleported out of the dungeon :p

thought they put something in about not disbanding in combat in instances?
might be imagining things :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
thought they put something in about not disbanding in combat in instances?
might be imagining things :)

Played US server 3 weeks ago and that's how we 'saved' ourself when we were about to get pwned ... dunno if they changed it since then.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shanaia said:
Played US server 3 weeks ago and that's how we 'saved' ourself when we were about to get pwned ... dunno if they changed it since then.

pity the person that gets left in the group though ;)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
If they only could work against BBs in the rest of the game. :)

Yes I use a BB(Together with my brother), but I would love to see a daoc without BBs.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pity the person that gets left in the group though ;)

yes hehe ... usually the one that died anyway though :p

So he reinvited us into group and we went in to rez him (since dungeons don't repop this is never a problem)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom