buffbots and their own thread

O

old.Anoushka

as we used a other thread to open discussion on this matter I would like to gather a few opinions on the pro & cons of buffbotting as well as reflecting on how it has evolved Midgard since SI came out.

Also it would be interesting to know if other guilds too have started to think about this issue (if it is one, which is still to be seen...)

this is where the discussion started:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52149

so please speak out and <if possible> keep to the thread topic, thus enhancing this open exchange of thoughts

:rolleyes:

M

Madonion Slicer

This subject has been done to death sooooo many times, if you have one great if you dont never mind.

It is a game does it really matter. for those moaning about them get real, as in life there is always going to be someone better or better off than you............always.

:sleeping:

ooo now lets make a thread about early morning raids, or how Scouts have been nerfed to much, oh oh i got a new one how about how GOA are so slow at patch.

:sleeping:

D

Damon_D

Like em , actualy i'm thinking of setting up a 3 comp , so I can have 3 accounts running at the same time :clap:

M

Madonion Slicer

He he Demon have that, and if only i could get it to run on my Mac i could go mad and run 4 Accounts at once :D

hmm Berserker with BuffBot, StunBot, SpeedBot.................................................:clap:

P

pudzy

Asmuch as I wub you and your healer and huge gratz btw on the you know what :D. Buffbots are good, for a few reason's, they save everyone's ass in pve, including groups around you at low lvls, they rez everyone (well i do), spare buffs goto people in the zone im xping in, they always ask and if theres conc i buff others too, same with rvr. Their not a BAD thing on daoc, their a good thing and overall they give every char its maximum capabilities.

Bad side - people who dont have them whine......

F

Farnis

Originally posted by pudzy
Their not a BAD thing on daoc, their a good thing and overall they give every char its maximum capabilities.

Bad side - people who dont have them whine......

a) Not all buff bot users are anti-social and unhelpful
b) Not all buff bot users will buff - and some are quite rude if you even suggest using some of their conc.
c) There are buff bots called stuff like GoAway ImAFK or other such names (not exactly aiding the stigma if you have a buff bot)
d) Buff bots make it harder for seers to get into groups
e) Not all non buffbot users whine
f) Having buff bots nearby aid when rezzing
g) Buff bot users are less likely to group - the usual excuse being "sorry, too many adds"
h) There is nothing dishonest about having a buff bot
i) Buff bots give their owners advantages over people who dont have buff bots.
j) If you can make your life easier, you will - so the increase in buff bots isnt really as evil as some people make out.
k) Many buff bot users still see themselves as part of a team..and not as an independent duo.
l) at least try and see the point of view from both sides.

Roger, over and out.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
This subject has been done to death sooooo many times, if you have one great if you dont never mind.

It is a game does it really matter. for those moaning about them get real, as in life there is always going to be someone better or better off than you............always.

I'm not arguing as to whether to use bots, I'm personally pissed off at people going into already cramped normal grouping hotspots such as Vendo and then PULLING THE WHOLE DAMN xp area.

As for the better or better of bit...er...lol? I play daoc on a 6 pc lan which I own and have more than one account. Sometimes I'll have a shaman with me that I actually play and GROUP with. If my warrior and shaman are asked for buffs or to group I will do so immediately.

Some people don't have time to xp in groups (might lvl at odd times like a good friend who can only play at 1-4am for example), and as pudz states, it IS nice to have a high shaman backup if your group gets wiped out.

Anyway I'm not against bots per se, just think the art of grouping is dying fast and the whole game is suffering...please...if you have a bot consider people trying to xp normally that's all I ask.

/edit: Farnis posted same time as me - just read his post, lot of good points - nice post.

M

Madonion Slicer

As for the better or better of bit...er...lol? I play daoc on a 6 pc lan which I own and have more than one account. Sometimes I'll have a shaman with me that I actually play and GROUP with. If my warrior and shaman are asked for buffs or to group I will do so immediately

And this statement proves what? you have 6 pc's well fuk me arent you mister fantastic, my coment is not matter how wonderful you think you are there is always someone with something better.

Man for a game this really effects some of your ego's.

X

Xtro

hmm. Your original post comes over like - "you are jealous of buffbot users stop fucking whining and cry more n00b".

Forgive me if I misunderstood?

I posted about my having a lan and accounts merely to demonstrate that I am NOT jealous - if I wanted to...I could do the same as the buffbot users who are sweeping up whole xp camps.

Anyone who thinks they are a better person for having 6 bits of machinery needs their fucking head examining.

My POV is that I play the game for fun, try to treat other players with a bit of courtesy and buff them and group with them wherever possible.

Save "mr fuking fantastic" shite btw. I didn't start on you, don't know you as a person and never will. I don't have an ego, I play the game for fun, am shit at rvr, dislike people who say UBER and pwned thanks and generally mind my own business.

M

Madonion Slicer

My first post was simply that i am fed up with reading same thread again and again about bots.

Sorry if i misunderstood your thread, it read it as someone boasting about what they have, i retract my statement.

For me the game and people i meet it is all about the fun, you will never see me make and i own or i am uber thread now or ever.

Lets keep it fun

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
For me the game and people i meet it is all about the fun, you will never see me make and i own or i am uber thread now or ever.

Agree wholeheartedly, its about the people - not stats.

Thanks a lot for the last post, its good of you. As I've said before on here unfortunately communicating via text just doesn't cut it and people are often misinterpreted :)

Anyway no worries m8 and gl.

F

Fafnir

Well i got a buffbot, nice to have one. Started my hunter put him on lfg once he hit lvl5 stopped using it at lvl 12 since i got no invites, got a invite at lvl 13, but they said, only if you bring your bot.

And i dont either like, people that pull with their bot in already heavily camped areas, like Venod/Spindel/DF etc. There are other places out there to xp, my hunter is where i lvl'd Fafnir to 20, only see lvl 50 groups running by on their way to epic zones, never seen a yellow-red con around.

I usually stop to buff people up, while i run to other xp areas, and i notice people are dam fast to type /release even when they know there is a bot just 5 sec away. I try to rezz if you are close but will not run to other side of the zone. Or like the request i got last night, me in Hugin, guy in skona asks for a rezz.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Buff-bots as down-time and levelling-time reducers are great, so long as they don't adversely affect other peoples' games. They make up for the fact that down-time and levelling can be horrible in DAOC.

I'm not a big fan of the buff-bots in portal keeps idea, though. They are influencing battles from a position in which they can't really be attacked, imo, and this is a kind of exploit. I'd like to see mechanisms put in place to prevent this sort of thing.

I have 2 accounts, btw. I bought the second account to reduce downtime while levelling my alts. I won't be using a buff-bot in RvR (I still have some principles ;))

D

darbey

Hi Annouschka Long time no see (Its Rebecca from Amazons )

Personally i do not like the way buffbots have evolved the game. Bottom line is if u havent got a buffbott u will lose every time to someone who has. Doesnt seem fair to me to be able to have that advantage without any risk. Not much point in complaining though mythic etc have made alot more money out of it so they are hardly likely to change the system.

Hope all you gals in Amazons are ok and say hello to randy random

R

rynnor

Buffbots/powerlevelling have damaged grouping terribly - hopefully no other MMORPG will make this mistake.

I'd hate to buy the game now and try and xp in somewhere like spin...

D

dracus

I use a buff bot for PvE and must admit i have used him to pull with on several occasions...since my zerker doesnt always have throwin things....cant see its a problem, but i might have misunderstood ur meaning..and same as some have mentioned... my buffs are ur buffs if theres conc...will also rez if ppl die and cba to use my bot in RvR since i grp with all my chars and if i die and get rezzed theres no way im goin back to portal keep just to get a few better buffs ;)

/Dracus

I

Irgil

imo buffbots havent destroyed grouping, we in KN use them as backup buffers and for emergency resses when things go bad in guildgroups.

when im leveling a new char i have either my shaman or healer stuck to him most of the time either if im in a group or soloing.
i rarely say no to group invites or say no to ppl that wants to join and i never refuse a ress request unless its on the other side of the realm, and if i have spare conc ill buff ppl that i pass when running between camps.

i rarely use my bots when im doing RvR since im either playing the shaman or healer in RvR or that there are other healers/shammies in group.

and btw grouping > soloing with buffbot
and grouping is a hell of alot more fun too, kinda boring to talk to your bot ;)

C

Cyradix

Try leveling a SB. After being told you can't join a group because they are looking for a tank a few times you'll know why you need a buffbot.

Look at it this way :
Solo = more downtime.
Downtime = boring
Buffbot = less downtime = more fun

And we are playing this game for fun right?

Even if you are playing a tank during the non peak hours and can't really find a group a buffbot can be a real help.
I have yet to meet the first person who likes downtime….

I am however not condoning the lvl 50 shaman users who go and disease pull whole camps of low mobs to easily kill them with their alt while others are exping there too.

As you probably have guessed I use a buffbot too. My shammy is lvl 36 now.
I use him to buff and heal my others chars.
I really can’t see what is wrong with this kind of use of a buffbot.
From my point of view the problem is not the buffbots but rather they way they are used.

M

myrte

Originally posted by Cyradix
Look at it this way :
Solo = more downtime.
Downtime = boring
Buffbot = less downtime = more fun
I might add:

Can't afford a second comp => less fun

I don't play a game to remind me that due to RL money issues I am also only 2nd class ingame. I wasn't sure if I should get SI until patch 1.54 hit the server: seeing how buffbot users owned Dodens (and also quite a few other item/money farming grounds) it was obvious what would happen with SI and the new zones. And that does not even take PvP into account.

Call it envy, I don't mind. If I don't have the slightest chance to compete with buffbot users there's no fun for me anymore. I just quitted before SI came out.

F

Fafnir

Was in DF the other day, and people asked for buffs, i gave them buffs, then when i was out of conc, some unguilded little bugger came up to me and asked for buffs, i told him i was out of conc, and he started to insult me etc. 5 min later i got conc back, so i told him and he came, buffed him up, then he ran out, and i got a msg, WTF, you bloody ahole why did you remove the buffs.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread