BUffbots and a solution

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
GO WOW!!!! ^^ xDDDDDDDDd

Bot-Using Accounts Banned - Ryann, 08/12/2004

nobots.jpg
We have recently verified that certain individuals were using third party "bot" programs to automate their characters in World of Warcraft. A bot is used to play an account non-stop, allowing its user to accumulate money, items, and experience without actually requiring the user to be physically present to play the game. The use of bots is a violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and is absolutely prohibited. Therefore, the accounts identified as having used bots have been banned. Blizzard Entertainment is committed to maintaining an environment of fair play in World of Warcraft. As stated previously, the company has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating or hacking of any kind. Players caught using a bot program to automate any of their characters' actions will have their characters removed and their account banned. They will not receive a warning. Over 300 accounts have already been banned for offenses of this nature. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you suspect someone of using a bot, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at hacks@blizzard.com or submit a GM ticket in

bult

Loyal Freddie
Those are bot buffbots like the ones you see in daoc. They are talking about gaming bots that play the game for you, pressing buttons etc. Will get you banned in daoc aswell.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
bult said:
Those are bot buffbots like the ones you see in daoc. They are talking about gaming bots that play the game for you, pressing buttons etc. Will get you banned in daoc aswell.
not true
you'll NEVER get banned for paying 2 accounts:x

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Thats mechanical monkeys that push the buttons in the correct order

Helme

Resident Freddy
AngelHeal said:
not true

Those people in WoW used a programmed macro, not a buffbot NOT A BUFFBOT ok? :p

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
not true

No, you're getting confused I think. The "bots" reported there are also known as Macro Programs, and you WILL get banned from DAoC for using them.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
you won't get banned for playing 2 accounts, only for using macro's that make your character perform actions without you actually being at your keyboard. It's exactly the same as with Mythic.
Blizzard calls those macro using characters 'bots', in daoc 'bots' are 2nd characters used for buffing...

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
i'm looking forward to make a buffbot account somehow when I start playing WoW.Its bittersweet to ruin other people's gaming experience.Thats what alb/excal infils taught me. :touch:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Will be more or less useless tho, priest/druid buffs lasts 30 mins. And if else you can use potions or scrolls to compensate, and they last 1hr
(prolly not as good tho, but still)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Solarius said:
No, you're getting confused I think. The "bots" reported there are also known as Macro Programs, and you WILL get banned from DAoC for using them.
u give me >1< example of some1's bb that got banned?
and u men the crafting bots? that ur mouse works automaticly?
.... never saw a ban for some1 doonig that..

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
AngelHeal said:
Because DAOC is already an established MMORPG and has no need to publiclly annouce every day what accounts have and have not been banned. WoW on the otherhand is still establishing a foothold in the market so any good publicity they get hold of they'll stick it out asap. Few months time you'll proberbly not hear a peep from em about bans.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
AngelHeal said:
You haven't understood the point he's making.

When Blizzard say 'bot' they mean '3rd party hardware or software that automates part of the game so you don't have to actually play your character'.

Use of these programs or devices in DAoC will get your account permanently banned as well.

It has nothing to do with buffbots. Buffbots aren't against the rules.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was a post on here about someone complaining they got banned for using a crafting macro ;) so they do get banned in daoc too.

Xplo

Banned
Having a 2nd account with druid hardly gives an advantage in WoW since you can only give another char a limited amount of buffs in the game.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Also the buffs are spread over multiple characters, so there's no obvious class that fits the buffbot role.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
They are NOT bot accounts that Blizzard is talking about, it's MACROING!

And people HAVE been banned for Macroing!

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the only game where macros arnt against the rules is star wars galaxies with it coded into the game, which tbh is a bit of a cheat although at the same tiem it takes away a lot of the tedium of crafting or mining. If i remember Ultima online had a crafting system implemented.

Pitty mythic wouldnt allow crafting bots i got to admit the most boring aspect of daoc is crafting and to lgm crafters how did you manage it without going totally mental :D

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Pitty mythic wouldnt allow crafting bots i got to admit the most boring aspect of daoc is crafting and to lgm crafters how did you manage it without going totally mental :D
Late night crafter chat in Diogel. Comedy gold when everyone was tired and silly...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
chretien said:
Late night crafter chat in Diogel. Comedy gold when everyone was tired and silly...

Camelot back when Badjelly Kiarra and Lawrence were sitting at the forge ;) and Kiarra at 515 weaponcrafting was the highest in the realm.

The adverts were superb ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
ahhh....Diogel, good times. so much spam, so much mony made/lost again on stupid gambling. Me and bowlingo used to regularly /random 100 for anyhting up to 5p iirc, i usually lost for some reason, fucker got rich of my alchemy monopoly!!!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Pindlebot ftw!! \o/
Was a bot in Diablo 2 that would zerg a key monster over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again while you were sleeping soundly at night, wake up the next morning and sort whatever loot the bot had picked up for you... It killed the game and the economy pretty much.
That's what Blizzard mwan when they say bot. And inactive sexeh briton cleric standing at PK isn't really a bot as it doesn't do nothing but look pretty

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
I'm worried about your obsession of briton chicks Jobs...

Don't you know saracen chicks > briton chicks :(

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
lol ur so mfkin stupid read your own post from blizzard..

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I think this AngelHeal dude is jumping to conclusions to convince himself that WoW is worth the time. I fear he will be back here in a few months when he realizes WoW is just another PvE game where the developer still needs to work on the PvP aspect.

Only difference between WoW and DAoC is, that Mythic have put much more work into PvP and you still have the PvE grind ahead.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
GOA have already implemented anti-buffbot measures.

Everytime you visit your bot for buffs a timer kicks in that just about allows you to get a boat to another Realm before you or your bot goes linkdead and you lose the buffs.

Been working a treat so far.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
GOA have already implemented anti-buffbot measures.

Everytime you visit your bot for buffs a timer kicks in that just about allows you to get a boat to another Realm before you or your bot goes linkdead and you lose the buffs.

Been working a treat so far.

ROFL ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom