Buff shears

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Been thinking, is there any reason why druid/shaman shears have 2.5 cast time when clerics are on 3 sec cast time? even druid AoE is 2.5 cast time...

Think its silly tbh
Thoughts?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Been thinking, is there any reason why druid/shaman shears have 2.5 cast time when clerics are on 3 sec cast time? even druid AoE is 2.5 cast time...

Think its silly tbh
Thoughts?

In the past shears where different. Druids did damage with shears, shammies casted em faster and clerics had more range on them (1750 range)

Druids had the damage-component on the shears removed (it broke root and dmg was pathetic) - got cast-time slightly reduced (not as fast as shammies) and got 1600 range on shears.

So the reason is:

Cleric - 3 sec; 1750 range
Druids - 2.5 sec; 1600 range
Shammy - 2.0 sec; 1500 range.

Correct me if I forgot some of the patch-notes and details on the shear-changes.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aww I thought there was just going to be a post like "Buff Shears - helped ruin daoc"

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
the declive of DAoC

aww I thought there was just going to be a post like "Buff Shears - helped ruin daoc"

:iagree:
well it could have helped, i liked more the idea of random buffshear with a ml10 proc or ability (battlemaster) but even like that could be not so good idea, many people says ToA was the beginning of the declive, some others says it didn't harm game, that new frontiers was a mistake, well for me actually getting boats instead of using instant portal keep is nasty and silly, altho u can have portals from time to time I rather preffer to sit on summon circle while u can speak with people like a "community" while you prepare to reach RvR, Hibs they go directly without zoning (when playing Emain)

I do also miss MGs (mile gates) amg, mmg, where you could cross doors expecting stealth wars, fg, someone hidden at room upstairs, really funny, aswell as old rvr dungeons (dodens gruva, marfach, hall of corrupt) instead of PoC (ugly corridors design imho)

Old game without SI still made crafters essentials for weapons or armor gear, Yggdra forest was a beauty scenary to visit frontiers and fight mids at snow, very different terrains, the NF are just 3 "same" terrains, clonned zones like in a mirror, only midgard is a slightly changed version of Albion & Hibernia, maybe due to balancing game (using same terrain) but boring and predictable, Old frontiers were more interesting, they all were used somehow, although daily RvR was at Emain Macha, which was great because was permanent instant RvR, whichever the situation about keeps/relics were.

Don't you peeps think that they could use graphics and siege upgrades on Old frontiers instead of using new? terrain small for RvR? maybe, what do you think? ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
Buffshear made the support classes more then just a run around and spam heal toon, made it much more fun imho.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Buffshear made the support classes more then just a run around and spam heal toon, made it much more fun imho.

Yeah it def. does, but just find it kinda stupid that a shaman can shear twice as fast i can, as they also have higher dex than a briton.. From my pov, as i duo/small man alot i find it silly as iam always in stun range of enemies and dont really need the extra range. Would much rather have the lower cast timer :p but might just be me :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Meh, i was a druid and a firb at that.. middle of everything was the win :p.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye been playing both druid and cleric alot recently, definately prefer the druid shears, 0.5 sec faster is a big difference and 150 range less ain't a problem most of the time, I'd probably love shammy even more but haven't played one in a while ;p.

Shears that cast as fast as spreadheal = QQ

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
blah blah blah
You love the sound of your own typing or what, wtf has anything you said got to do with the topic?:twak:

Miffic tried to balance the 3 archtypes with this, by offering a different bonus to each, range, speed and damage. TBH it does kinda work, and isnt a bad attempt at balance, something miffic normally screw up.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
You love the sound of your own typing or what, wtf has anything you said got to do with the topic?:twak:.

Miffic tried to balance the 3 archtypes with this, by offering a different bonus to each, range, speed and damage. TBH it does kinda work, and isnt a bad attempt at balance, something miffic normally screw up.

lolz i maybe said "blahblahblah" literally in other thread not in this, sorry if offended you, didn't mean to.

Kamorrista said:
:iagree:well it could have helped, i liked more the idea of random buffshear with a ml10 proc or ability (battlemaster) but even like that could be not so good idea, many people says ToA was the beginning of the declive, some others says it didn't harm game, that new frontiers was a mistake, well for me actually getting boats instead of using instant portal keep is nasty and silly, altho u can have portals from time to time I rather preffer to sit on summon circle while u can speak with people like a "community" while you prepare to reach RvR, Hibs they go directly without zoning (when playing Emain)

in the begining i was talking about buffshears, i'm sorry i turned it round OF nostalgia, yes it is supposed to be balance between the 3 realms altho i don't like the idea of buffshearing at all, this is just my personal opinion, but maybe like other peeps say, casting speed seems more important that range or other stuff (mostly fights are on range) anyways, don't kill me this time please ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
lolz i maybe said "blahblahblah" literally in other thread not in this, sorry if offended you, didn't mean to.

in the begining i was talking about buffshears, i'm sorry i turned it round OF nostalgia, yes it is supposed to be balance between the 3 realms altho i don't like the idea of buffshearing at all, this is just my personal opinion, but maybe like other peeps say, casting speed seems more important that range or other stuff (mostly fights are on range) anyways, don't kill me this time please ;)
I fluffle you muchly.:sex:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
soz u were right but a bit aggressive, don't think u are that bad to the bone :p
Im only bad with a boner, but thats another story :D

You went a little OT, thats all chap, I see ya passion for OF and such, but you did digress a lil :) luv ya tho!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
You love the sound of your own typing or what, wtf has anything you said got to do with the topic?:twak:

Actually originally they did screw up because the damage on druid-shears was counterproductive (breaking roots and snares). Luckily after some hefty feedback they removed that and gave 'us druids' medium speed and medium range.

I do like the cleric one tho; if you don't care about stun/smite too much (which you don't in a 8-men generally) then the extra range allows you to play much more defensively (since your heals are higher range anyhow).

All a matter of preference; play 'the other class' if you really want the other option :D

Everz

FH is my second home
It meant being a firb druid was cool again imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom