Buff sharing bahh

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
What the hell is that for a ½ solution to buffbot's, I hate buffbot's and the entire ide about buffs.
If mythic want all to have buffs, then give them to us 100% or . . . . off, I DONT WANT BUFF's, i am proud of the realm points i have, have gained them with the use of what my classes suported me with aswell as potions totems and charges.
now when i Enter DF witch is my most liked hunting ground, i find myself swarmed with ½effective buffs, from the 30 buffbot's standing on top stair, aswell as the random buffer encounterd when u go down to the lower level's, irritating to remove buff's all the time.
Is there a command that i can use so i wont get buffs, but still get the effects from ML wards?.
if anyone still havent found out, i hate buffbot's!!!!!!.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure how far this command works, but /nohelp will make sure others can't heal you. I don't know if it works on other AE buffs/effects aswell though..

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Nope, only works for heals, tried it this evening in odins.

ztyx

Fledgling Freddie
oh my didn't think anyone could complain about this. Just remove the buffs if you accidently run into them. I wonder if you also injure yourself if you happen to pass thorugh a healing field ;)

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Gorrion, you take buffbots way too seriously, by the way... Give me a simple phrase why buffbots are wrong?

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
they disrupt the game balance.. especially between soloers.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
There isn't much you can do to avoid people being 'helpful' however if you don't want the buffs just hit shift and right click on the offending icon... it'll clear the buff and its effects from your character.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
There isn't much you can do to avoid people being 'helpful' however if you don't want the buffs just hit shift and right click on the offending icon... it'll clear the buff and its effects from your character.
I'm afraid that's a little too high-brow for the thread-starter

Comos

Loyal Freddie
There are worse things to complain about... Personally I dont see any probs at all with friendly ppl buffing you, but that's just me again :rolleyes:

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
One thing to keep in mind is that conc based buffs will overwrite this timered buff, so it can only help in the areas you don't have buffs.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:

It has nothing to do with helpfull players or not, this new pbaoe buff is just a pathetic excuse for Mythic to justify the use of buffbot's and that way wont lose 40% of accounts on Daoc-Europe, by instead put a range on ALL buffs, and make them group required aswell. If mythic did the latter, the buff class would be played as orriginaly intended, and not just be a remote stats enhancement personal artifact.
So dont try to justify this by saying that players are just trying to be helpfull, there are alot of helpfull players around, but it dosent justify the unballance a buffbot player (2 account person) add to the game towards player's without 2 accounts.
And yes i do remove "not deserved" buff's if i feel safe to stop moving, as it also happens in rvr confrontation (if im grouped with the buffer i ofc accept the buffs). that way the buffer get his deserved share of the realmpoints gained for the massive increased chance to win a fight, a buffed player has.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
thats like saying. " nerf mythic for making mls as it gives ppl who dont have time to play this game enough to get them a disadvantage"

the ae buffs are made mostly for group rvr when your whole group gets their buffs removed by some sheared from ther other realms and u dont have time to give them regular buffs but are forced to use the ae ones on timer.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
the ae buffs are made mostly for group rvr when your whole group gets their buffs removed by some sheared from ther other realms and u dont have time to give them regular buffs but are forced to use the ae ones on timer.

So you are saying that your group moves in emain/odins etc with a buffbot in group. If group is sheared the buffbot can supply emergency buffs with AE buffs? I really doubt it, the main buffbot would be stood at A/M/HTK or somewhere safe.

The introduction of AE buffs is a step by mythic to counteract the problems caused by buffbots. If it wasnt then why would it be an area of effect spell?
I could understand if it was group only.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Buffer said:
So you are saying that your group moves in emain/odins etc with a buffbot in group. If group is sheared the buffbot can supply emergency buffs with AE buffs? I really doubt it, the main buffbot would be stood at A/M/HTK or somewhere safe.

The introduction of AE buffs is a step by mythic to counteract the problems caused by buffbots. If it wasnt then why would it be an area of effect spell?
I could understand if it was group only.
no we dont have buffbot with us we have a enha 46 cleric with us.
im 42enha atm and can do 2ae buffs and all singel shears and 1ae shear.
that makes all my buffs cap exept spec shiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom