Buff Bot Bug

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i found a bug that effects BB mainly, although i think it would effect anyone that LDs.

while PLing my BB with necro, my BB went LD while i ait-tab to it, but his name didn't blue out. After about a min he dissapeard but all the buff remained up and the bot still didn't leave the group. I carried on playing to see if the buff would leave and after about an hour they hadn't. Whats even stranger is that Mobs would still attack my LDed bot (even though he wasn't there and i couldn't target him) and do damage to him. My bot still took its share of EXP, cash and loot and i could even PM it and not get the 'no in game message'.

When i desided to see if my bot had gained the cash/exp while LD i went to log him back on. I alt-tabbed back to the client and hit Esc. before logging back in i check on necro and about 10 secs later the bot left group and buffs dropped. I logged him back on and he had gained Exp while LD and items/chash. A few other people had noticed this as well.

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
noticed the same when running 2 clients if i dont focus on the lded window i can keep buffs for a while did about 30 mins+ once

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Tryed this to, was pling with m8s caba, bot went ld when i tryed to alt+tab , but didnt lose buffs and it got exp, and mobs could hit it out in the air. But aint much of a problem really, only if it can be infeteced in rvr by some crazy ass cheaters, as i dont hope is posible

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
it always happen with my bb using p3 500 with 128 sdram and when ld i still have buffs untill i touch esc. ;o

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
My bot box ran both accounts just fine - although it did complain that dual logging is 'not supported' by ToA. (XP2400/1024mb memory)

Oddly enough, when I tab out of my main pc (XP2000/1.5gb memory), most of the pc freezes until I push game.dll down to Below Normal priority.

Get more CPU and memory, I suppose. Something was changed in the last patch to the way dual logging works.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
must be some problem with the way the server checks if the client is there, seeing as the client is LD but the server still treats the character as being logged on. Maybe its alt-tabing that causes the client side to LD but then re-establishes the connection soon after. The fact the bot doesn't log off the server until you (ESC) out of the program means that the server and client are still communicating.

TBH i can't think of any advantage of this, disadvantages for leveling are that you can't re-applie timed buffs or select your bot to heal or buff them. And in RvR if you get killed you will probably have to re-log your bot.

Time for me to get another PC soon i think.

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
it seems to have a timeout anyway if you dont press escape on the ld screen of about 30 mins or something and it closes

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
was thinking of an Alienware machine or maybe one of Dell gaming PCs,

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
The other day, my inf LD'ed at apk emain, whilst porting my cleric off to do some arti hunting. I alt tabbed and saw the ld screen, then alt tabbed back to my cleric, and spent an hour or two on the hunt. When my cleric ported back, I notice the second account still running, and when I switched to it, it had reconnected by itself... Not sure what happened really, but I think porting on my cleric caused it to reconnect to the server.. I've been ld'ed before and dropped off at character selection screen, rather than straight to desktop, but never had a character reconnect after a ld...

Chilly

Balls of steel
Etaew said:
it seems to have a timeout anyway if you dont press escape on the ld screen of about 30 mins or something and it closes
thats the standard inactivity timer kicking in i believe - iv noticed this many times, its quite useful ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom