BT Customer Service - Advice Needed

Gamah

Banned
OK,

So I moved into this property on the 28th of April, I called BT who said I could get connected nps free of charge as there was a line at the property previously.

I moved in and got my first bill it was £67 wtf?? I looked at the bill and there was a £30 re-connection charge...I phoned BT and logged a complaint about this and they said it was because previously the line was disconected due to non bill payments..

I asked

1. Why I was not informed when ordering the service.
2. Why I was responsible for the previous tenents not paying there bills and why I had to pay for this.

All I got was some twat in Mumbi telling me the fee could not be wavered...I said I was refusing to pay and canceled my direct debit in full knowledge that once BT had the money I would never see it again. I asked to speak with his supervisor who was (Busy) I was promised a call back in 2 hours which of course never came..

The cream on the cake when 10 min into the conversation he said I could have avoided the fee had I payed the bills on time, LOL...I lost my temper then.

What steps can I take really as I don't feel I should pay a £30 charge that I was never told about and the only reason this charge was on the account is due to the fact someone I don't even know didn't pay their bills, because I said to him I am not accepting his decission, and he basicly said tough tits.

??

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Call OFCOM or whoever those people are who know all this type of thing?

sorry i cant be more help

soze

I am a FH squatter
Call and say you want to complain and unless things have changed in the past 2 months you will get a English call center. Tell them what has happened and they should be able to help

Bahumat

FH is my second home
What i do is call the help line, then go through the options and pick the most obscure topics available, then you end up speaking to some guy in england.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you sure the charge isnt stated somewhere? hidden in some contract term, on the website, on a bit of paper that landed in your door?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
you sure the charge isnt stated somewhere? hidden in some contract term, on the website, on a bit of paper that landed in your door?

you dont sign a contract. u just ring em and say "hiya im moving into " <adddess here" and they conect the phone for you and the bills in your name. no i.d etc needed at all :(

Personally tell em stick it up there arse and your gonna change phone supplier. they will either

1/ say ok and gbye and send u a bill
2/ apologise try keep your custom and wave the charge.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
signing a contract isnt the only way to have a contract.

- it could be partially written and partially oral.
- it could be all oral
- you can agree to a contract orally, it doesnt have to be a signature thing though having a signature down definatley helps the person whos proposing all the terms :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Gamah loves oral so thats pretty obviously the line he went down!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Take down names, numbers and times.

I had the same from BT. About 2 years ago I phone them to say I was moving house and needed my number/account transfered to the new property. However, the sale fell through so I called them back to cancel the move

Shortly after they cut my line for non payment of bills - Turns out they were sending my phone bills to the new address, it took around 3 months of bitching but in the end they removed the reconnection charge - you should not have to pay it - be firm and refuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom