BT backbone

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
BT backbone lag and network latency

Dont know if it is just my connection or its BT's backbone but my pings are about 45ms which is ok, but i am getting constant lost packets on most hops.

makes anything uplayable, i am trying to look for an excuse to blame Goa :eek7: (but dont think i can ) if you have lag, run ping plot and see if your getting dropped packets...

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Pains me to see people still using BT. Fact of the matter is they dont aim to provide good ping times, just *high* speed and faster web browsing. A decent(i use the word decent lightly) ADSL supplier will look a little like so:

ot-rule.jpg

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
I use AOL (lines are leased by BT) and its pretty much red lag every now and then and a ld. Seems like somethings gone amiss at the BT side of things. Time to watch a movie and break out the coke.

Edit: Saying that though im having no probs playing other games online.. hmm..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
Pains me to see people still using BT. Fact of the matter is they dont aim to provide good ping times, just *high* speed and faster web browsing. A decent(i use the word decent lightly) ADSL supplier will look a little like so:

I dont use BT as my provider, MY ISP lease the lines from them... :twak:

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
I use BT and have no problems until I get to opentransit all lagspikes occur there.

GOA are killing their own game. I have very little lag playing on the US servers.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
I used to be an avid FPS gamer so i went whats fairly reknown as a decent gamign isp (Nildram, same ppl that lease lines to Jolt Gamign servers). They dont touch BT :)

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
I used to be an avid FPS gamer so i went whats fairly reknown as a decent gamign isp (Nildram, same ppl that lease lines to Jolt Gamign servers). They dont touch BT :)

Yes they do, indirectly.

1st part of the journey from your house to Nildrams PoP is over BT copper. You cannot avoid BT as a home user on ADSL, somewhere along the journey.

Sorry for being pedantic ;)

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
i use BT and my high pings are normally the 2 ip's after the wannadoo OT and sometimes london OT.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I use plusnet no complaints usually fast speed and fixed ip for free \o/

Neverever

Fledgling Freddie
Just logged in and walked a few steps. LDed. other pc was running the pingplotter. This is my screeny, I'm pissed very pissed.

And thats not happing a lot.

naamloos.jpg

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Neverever said:
Just logged in and walked a few steps. LDed. other pc was running the pingplotter. This is my screeny, I'm pissed very pissed.

And thats not happing a lot.

naamloos.jpg

There's nothing going on in that screeny. Except for that big red bar then :). Could you focus your pingplot on that to check which router gave up?

Neverever

Fledgling Freddie
already closed the prg. But those black lines shows wich servers had the last spikes. And those are around 511 our higher.

But also i know to little of the prg how it works. This screenie is from a few sec after i LDed.

Had 4 days of major lag. Just subscribed again after a period of no playing. Didn't saw any news about this on there site, if saw that there was troubles for sometime now then i did not subscribed again.

Just heard the news ingame and i read it at this place when it was to late for me.

And that makes me very angry. i feel :wij:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
If you show the error column in the charts at the top, you'll see which router that red bar happens on.

Recently it's been, for me, on Opentransit, particularly London and Wanadoo portals. In the plot above yours in the thread, looks like BT too.

Darzil

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Neverever said:
already closed the prg. But those black lines shows wich servers had the last spikes. And those are around 511 our higher.

But also i know to little of the prg how it works. This screenie is from a few sec after i LDed.

Had 4 days of major lag. Just subscribed again after a period of no playing. Didn't saw any news about this on there site, if saw that there was troubles for sometime now then i did not subscribed again.

Just heard the news ingame and i read it at this place when it was to late for me.

And that makes me very angry. i feel :wij:

511 ms is (or should) not be enough to make someone LD. However, that red 'area' could show that the servers were (nearly) unreachable for a moment. Unless of course your PC is already loading like nuts and/or you're running Winamp at the same time and reading a few word documents.

Neverever

Fledgling Freddie
Ok. if i get it i can go back to a red sector so it shows the ping at that moment. I will do that next time. But didn't played anymore today because i was very angry after a 3 day ld festival.

And to my suprise today goa released a topic about there problem.

I'm not a person that complains fast, but i feel screwed if i read that this is going on for 3 months, and no news about it on there site. I realy did not actived my copy if i knew there was a problem like this.

But i will wait and see till end of this week and if it's still there i will see what i going to do.

And i have 2 pc's 1 for playing and 1 for all other things. So no other prg is running ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
There are problems with the BT servers/routers and have been for several months. They are not as severe as the OT problems, but on a few occasions problems with BT's service have stopped me from playing the game altogether.

But hey, I'm sure the whiners out there who couldn't differentiate between the crappy service OT provided and it not actually being GOAs fault, probably can't differentiate between a crappy service from BT and it not being GOAs fault either.

Well they only seem happy when they are whining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom