BSOD's caused by the oh so lovely Nview

K

kryt

I like using nView a lot for TV out to watch me dvd's n vids n stuff. Problem being, it crashes the PC, both in XP and 2k. Usuaully when i've finished watching the film (in media player, or powerdvd, windvd, whatever) : it bombs out to the fabled bsod and requires a hard restart.
Is there something i'm blatantly doing wrong? No amount of driver chopping and changing has done anything :|

K

kryt

Of course : exactly the same problem. Got a feeling its yet another inherent problem with this fooking creative POS :|

J

Jonty

To get XP to produce a blue screen of death is quite an achievement [:D], and usually only occurs due to an irrecoverable device driver failure or something equally serious. I once managed to produce such an error on my laptop after incorrectly installing the wrong nVidia drivers. Have you tried (don't mean to be patronising, but it's always the simple things that go wrong) removing every version of the drivers (even using these Detonator removal programs if necessary) and just installing the latest, stable reference drivers from nVidia?

Failing that, just contact Creative and see what they have to say for themselves.

Kind Regards

K

kryt

Creative are a bunch of morons as far as support goes : i spent literally 3 hours on their swanky "live chat support" thing, blokey was telling me to change things i've already changed, do this, do that. In the end I just flipped at the moron and said.
"Listen, I've been in the trade longer then you've been out of nappies, I want the following answer : will you replace it?"

"Not if we can sort the problem with software sir..."

Left Creative at that. Dabs.com wont replace it, that's Creatives job. Etc, and so it goes on.

Yes, tried every version of Detonator going back to 21.83 (all uninstalled/installed correctly).

I'm sure its just another problem Creative hardware is chucking out, I forsee what was one of the most respected hardware manufacturers is condemming itself to a life of VIA-ness.

(By the way, i'm using 2K now and will be for a long long time to come :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom