BSoD

C

Clowneh!

Houston, my new shuttle has a problem!

Code:
** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0209801C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBFE426F1)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

:(

What did I done wrong?

W

Wilier

I assume it worked before? So what have you changed? ie. software installs, BIOS changes? anything??

Cmon Clowneh, reveal all.

C

Clowneh!

Nothing, I aint changed a thing :(
It did this when I first set it up too, after I clicked shut down. The blue screen would pop up for like a second, and then the computer would reboot. Even though I pressed shut down. I thought nothing of it after they stopped. Then this one happened out of the blue... wierd eh? It was just idling and then KAPOW!

C

Clowneh!

Shuttle SN45G
AMD Athlon XP2600+
1024MB DDR333 RAM
80GB WDC 7200rpm 8MB Cache
GF4 Ti4200 128MB

Win2K Pro, SP4

Erm, what else?

K

kameleon

Originally posted by Clowneh!
Shuttle SN45G
AMD Athlon XP2600+
1024MB DDR333 RAM
80GB WDC 7200rpm 8MB Cache
GF4 Ti4200 128MB

Win2K Pro, SP4

Erm, what else?

any usb devices?

C

Clowneh!

Not when the blue screen came up... I just installed my camera to take a pic for the other thread :)

V

vofflujarnid

Have you made sure your hardware is properly set up (i.e. motherboard proberly screwed down, IDE cables, AGP card, etc.) ?

I had some BSOD problems because my motherboard was not proberly set up. Could also be something to do with Win2k, dunno though.

C

Clowneh!

Code:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	ipnathlp
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	32003
Date:		22/09/2003
Time:		12:49:31
User:		N/A
Computer:	ANDREW
Description:
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code. 
Data:
0000: 1f 00 00 00               ....
Loads of them

U

Ulysses777

That's caused by Internet Connection Sharing.

Not sure of a solution, except getting a router and disabling ICS.

Although that doesn't seem like something that would cause a BSOD - is that the only error type you're getting?

C

Clowneh!

Code:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Server
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2504
Date:		22/09/2003
Time:		12:38:19
User:		N/A
Computer:	ANDREW
Description:
The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{BD9C15D3-1C51-4928-AAD3-A5D88323D40E}. 
Data:
0000: aa 05 00 00               ª...
And that's the only other one today

C

Clowneh!

AWWWW BOOGER

I updated the drivers for the nforce mainboard, but now that funky little SoundForce program doesnt work properly :(

Anyone wanna shuttle? I'll swap it for your toaster :p

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Clowneh!
AWWWW BOOGER

I updated the drivers for the nforce mainboard, but now that funky little SoundForce program doesnt work properly :(

Anyone wanna shuttle? I'll swap it for your toaster :p

Done. You pay the postage?

Q

Quige

How is your PC connected to the net? I only ask as I used to get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors a lot when I was on btopenwoe and had one of those USB Alcatel frog modems. I guess you could just disable ICS and see if the problem goes away.

(On cable they gave me a USB network card, but I ditched it and put a cheap PCI one in instead as it takes less CPU overhead than using the usb one.)

How do you mean that the Soundstorm program isn't working anymore?

I just had a problem with it, that seems related to using the 2.45 nForce driver set. When I ran it it would give a 'operation not supported" type error, and the 'main' tab would be blank. If it is something like this, I read on a forum (http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28) that downloading the bigger international driver set, and installing that would fix it, and it did. I have the graphic equaliser back.

C

Clowneh!

About SoundStorm, exactly that Quige. I'll look at that link now. And I connect to the internet with a PCI modem.

Q

Quige

Hiya, that was just a general link to the forum ... this is to the article;

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26396

... unfortunately the international version of the drivers are 26MB vs 10MB for the US only.

I've zipped up the audio part and put it here,
http://www.yggdrasil.org.uk/quige/nforce2.45audio_int.zip

in case the 26MB over a modem is too horrific. Just the international audio stuff is 4.5MB. There's no installer ... I just went into the AudioUtl folder, right-clicked on the file nvautlml.inf and selected install ... this copied all the files over and Soundstorm control panel started working again.

Has updating to the 2.45 driver set sorted out your BSOD problems .and you've now just got the control panel problem?

C

Clowneh!

I haven't had the BSoD problem again yet, and the control panel blank thing is there. But I don't wanna say those drivers fixed the blue screen thing cuz I really dunno :p

I'm sorry, I'm dumb :(
Where do I unzip to?

AHAH I DID IT :)

C

Clowneh!

Oh, and I'm on ADSL so anything under 5gigs is ok for me to download :)

Users who are viewing this thread