Games Brutal Legend - one for the metal fans

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Official Site:
Brutal Legend Video Game | Double Fine | EA
The latest creation from gaming icon Tim Schafer and the award-winning team at Double Fine, Brütal Legend is a 3rd person Action/Adventure game starring Jack Black in the role of roadie Eddie Riggs, who sets on an epic quest to build an army of rockers with only a broad axe, a big block V8 and his faithful guitar in hand. Eddie Riggs has been drawn back through time to a mythical world dripped in Rock and Roll folklore; where great Metal titans once ruled and power chords rang from the countryside for all to hear. When an oppressed people request Eddie’s knowledge of modern warfare, he pulls from his own experience in the only occupation he’s ever had, a roadie for a Heavy Metal band. From this springs the most hellacious army man has ever seen, and thus brings this ancient world into the Age of Metal.

br252tal-legend-20090601022247091_640w.jpg

br252tal-legend-20090601022243497_640w.jpg

br252tal-legend-20090601022239435_640w.jpg

15 min developer walkthrough (gameplay)
IGN Video: Brütal Legend Xbox 360 Walkthrough - Developer Video Part 1

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tim Schafer game that's not on PC, it's just not right.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Just completed the campaing,
well worth the play through, i enjoyed it alot

You should also do the legend stones as it adds a fair chunk of backstory

If you like Tim Shafer games this is a good one for the humour alone

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Jack Black is actually worse than cancer, I think I'll give this a miss.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Yep, thats Jack Black alright!

article-1133704-0342E508000005DC-784_468x793.0.0.0x0.400x679.jpeg

:p

Seriously? You judge a persons artistic merit by their physical appearance? Many assumed well known faces spring to mind from that comment but I'll leave those upto your imagination... it shouldn't take long, maybe less then 70 years...

As for the game, I was thouroughly (sp?) disappointed :( Real shame as I failed to find any negative reviews up until having actually bought it :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Seriously? You judge a persons artistic merit by their physical appearance? Many assumed well known faces spring to mind from that comment but I'll leave those upto your imagination... it shouldn't take long, maybe less then 70 years...

I was just making a comment about how the character in game looks nothing like Jack Black, who its supposed to be.

Jesus christ.

/edit and for the record, I like Jack Black. So ner!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
WARNING:

And Yachtzee is a hardcore Chafer fan.

He also hates RTS and RPG's in all their forms making the review void :p

I personally wouldn't even call it a RTS but more of a 'direct your allies' game, you fight on the battlefield with them and it's not difficult at all for someone with a bit of common sense :p

Real Reviews:
9/10 - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14210507.html
8.5/10 - http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/brutallegend/index.html?tag=result;title;0

For people who dont like reading
YouTube- Brutal Legend Review

It's a good game, but a rental rather than a buy since i don't think you would play it through more than once

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
He also hates RTS and RPG's in all their forms making the review void :p

I personally wouldn't even call it a RTS but more of a 'direct your allies' game, you fight on the battlefield with them and it's not difficult at all for someone with a bit of common sense :p

It's a good game, but a rental rather than a buy since i don't think you would play it through more than once

The demo gives a completely different view though, that's the warning.

It's not void as a review, wowhere i saw RTS before i saw that ZP review, and lucky i did.

Can just imagine how many expected a heavy metal adventure and got stuck with an RTS.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
The demo gives a completely different view though, that's the warning.

It's not void as a review, wowhere i saw RTS before i saw that ZP review, and lucky i did.

Can just imagine how many expected a heavy metal adventure and got stuck with an RTS.

It is a heavy metal adventure.. with a pseudo-rts plugged on (which coincidently is quite fun in its own way)
In reality you didn't even need the other troops on the easier settings, you just tell them to wait by the stage to protect your "spawn" in case you die but its far more fun double teaming with the variety of allies

I didn't play the demo personally, i find they are rarely a reflection of the real game. If the demo was of the start of the game, then you are going through the tutorial which admittedly if it wasn't for the witty writing i would have found pretty boring.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It is a heavy metal adventure.. with a pseudo-rts plugged on (which coincidently is quite fun in its own way)
In reality you didn't even need the other troops on the easier settings, you just tell them to wait by the stage to protect your "spawn" in case you die but its far more fun double teaming with the variety of allies

I didn't play the demo personally, i find they are rarely a reflection of the real game. If the demo was of the start of the game, then you are going through the tutorial which admittedly if it wasn't for the witty writing i would have found pretty boring.

Pseudo or not, advantures don't have RTS in them.

If you like RTS, it's all fine and dandy, but the whole PR of the game was towards a slashy adventure in metal world, NOT a slashy adventure, but at this point you should play some command&conquer.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Pseudo or not, advantures don't have RTS in them.
It's not a rpg or a rts, it is advertised as a 'Action and Adventure' game which traditionally are a mix of many genres so i don't see what you are getting at

If you like RTS, it's all fine and dandy, but the whole PR of the game was towards a slashy adventure in metal world, NOT a slashy adventure, but at this point you should play some command&conquer.
Aside from the fact it is a 'slashy' adventure, even the 'rts' bits give you the freedom to play it as a 'slashy adventure'

You are making assumptions without even playing the game nor doing any real unbiased research on it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You are making assumptions without even playing the game nor doing any real unbiased research on it

So you CAN skip the RTS completely? They show in trailers that there's troop commanding? The demo on xbox shows this?

Doubt it.

Only assumption i'm making is that it's not shown to people that there is an RTS mode in there. Hensh, warning.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I was just making a comment about how the character in game looks nothing like Jack Black, who its supposed to be.

Jesus christ.

/edit and for the record, I like Jack Black. So ner!

Sorry, if I wasn't drunk I would've asked instead of assumed and gone all 'ranty'. It comes from an age where musicians are more often then not, rated on personal appearance rather then musical abilities... Have had a number of arguments with people about this, heh.

That said, your choice of picture isn't exactly a neutral one of the guy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom