Bruce Almighty.

E

Ekydus

Anyone seen Bruce Almighty yet?
Thoughts?

I saw it 2 days ago and thought it was great. Jim Carey isn't near retirement yet, he just needs a good film.

So my anal dwelling butt monkeys, I order you to see this film.
(If you haven't already.)

J

Jonaldo

I've only seen the trailers but it looks like yet another *Jim Carey plays Jim Carey* film.
He has no scope or ability to do anything other than pull silly faces and act like an idiot.

The thing he did about Andy Kauffman was ok but then he also got to act stupid in that :rolleyes:

P

[PS]Mung

Aye, Carey is not very talented.

The only thing he stretches when acting is his face.

It's just another Carey vehicle.

A

Arnor

its better then dumb&dumberer :rolleyes:

its not technically a bad film, it makes you chuckle a couple of times, but its not "god, ill piss my pants if the film doesnt stop soon" like dumb&dumber was.

dumb&dumberer was well, dumberer lets just leave it at that

S

SilverHood

ace ventura: pet detective, was brilliant

and Jim Carrey was brilliant in Batman too

N

Nightchill

I (usually) loathe Jim Carrey but, perversely, this makes me see all his movies just so I can check he's still as bad as ever.

Bruce Almighty was actually very funny and I cried with laughter at some points :) Definitely one of his better ones and even Jennifer Aniston does a good job of acting!

PS. That car in it (was that a Saleen S7?) was sexeh :p

S

Sharma

Bruce Almighty: The absolut funniest film i have ever seen in a long while, left the cinemas with tears of laughter ;)

M

mirieth

The trailer looked cool I must admit. I don't however, as a rule, like Jim Carrey films - they're all the same. In two minds whether to go and see it :).

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Arnor
its better then dumb&dumberer :rolleyes:

its not technically a bad film, it makes you chuckle a couple of times, but its not "god, ill piss my pants if the film doesnt stop soon" like dumb&dumber was.

dumb&dumberer was well, dumberer lets just leave it at that

And Jim Carey isn't even in this :p
It's just a desperate attempt by Hollywood to make a few extra dollars, same as whatever spasmoplodicus decided to make American Psycho 2 :rolleyes: Got nothing to do with anything.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Omniscieous

It's just a desperate attempt by Hollywood to make a few extra dollars

Just like every other large, commercial industry in the world, then? ;)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by mirieth
Just like every other large, commercial industry in the world, then? ;)

Yes but some attempts by Hollywood to make a few more dollars are actually quite entertaining and worth watching :p

J

Jonaldo

Training Day was the last movie I actually bothered to visit the cinema for, was worth the time in my opinion :)

M

mirieth

Can't say I've seen it, but I must admit the trailer I saw for it looked rather good.

K

Kagato.

Dumber & dumber was shit, the down fall of Jim

the pet detective films were good, as was his role in the batman film, but dumber and dumber just never should of happened.

And i quite liked the truman show personally.

Looking forward to seeing bruce almighty though, will see it tomorrow.

M

mirieth

True, the Cable Guy well and truly sucked.

Ace Ventura > all however :D.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Starts off well, but tends to lean into a "moral in the tale" kinda thing at the end, as if ppl in RL would do that ;) Not a bad watch tho.

Cable guy blew goats, major style. Mask, Ace Ventura (only the first one), Batman, The Trueman Show all good films, although he is becomming a little sterotyped in his roles.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Carey seems to have slipped into the same role for a number of films, but then again, if anyone know who Rey Rennolds is they will know that he is just amazing at being who he is.

As for Carey acting like himself, its harder than you might think ;)

I

illu

I think Bruce Almighty is worth watching if just for the 2 parts where he has a go at his TV Station, and the whole training the dog to pee outside fiasco :)

It's an ok film, with a few laugh-out-loud moments, but again, most of the funniest parts were in the trailer :/

Ah well

And I agree with the others, the Mask, Ace Ventura 1, Batman are his best films, but I also like Dumb and Dumber :)

Oli - ILLU

R

Reverant Mezz

i really like carey and most of his films are really enjoyable to watch

bruce was a good film imo

p.s. not man on the moon tho :)

S

Sharma

Wasn't there supposed to be like a Mask 2 but they got part way through it and trashed it or smt?

M

mirieth

It probably wouldn't have lived up to the original so better left that way, I guess ;).

C

Coren

Actually, together with The Truman Show, The Cable Guy was one of his best movies. His over-the-top acting does a lot more good for his character in a dark comedy than in his standard Ace Ventura/Dumb and Dumber nonsense.

Bruce Almighty was kinda similar to Liar Liar and Me, Myself and Irene. No masterpiece, but worth watching. :)

S

Sharma

mmmm, Liar Liar was top stuff i thought :)

The bits where he just freaks out drive me over the edge ;)

M

mirieth

I'm just beginning to remember how many films he's been in through this thread :eek:.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by mirieth
I'm just beginning to remember how many films he's been in through this thread :eek:.

Scary isn't it? :)

O

old.tRoG

The Cable Guy + Ace Ventura are exceedingly good, to quote Mr Kipling.

That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom