Brown Recluse

B

BrassMonkey

Do not click if you've just eaten

:puke:

Spiders scare the crap out of me...even more so now.

Bet you didn't know that Daddy Long Legs have the most toxic venom of any spider in the WORLD. They're just not a danger to humans because their itty-bitty bitch fangs can't pierce our skin.

Haha class, and they live for like half a day and thats spent banging against a window or getting their wings pulled off by kids. Talk about overkill.

S

Sharma

Quit PS Warhawk? ;)

im so tempted so mumur warhawk if i saw you in m'bro or summit too, dunno why :)

Z

Zill

Nasty. I don't believe I've ever seen a spider bite flame and cause the skin to become ulcerous over such a large area before.

Also, I think you'll find there are various forms of 'Daddy Long Legs' in the world. In Britain it's a type of mosquito/crane fly, and they definitely do not carry the most venomous bite in the world. So don't panic next time you have to pick one up from the wall.

The Daddy Long Legs they're referring to is the spider. :)

S

Sharma

Just to add i must say that looks pretty damned nasty tho

M

mirieth

*Shudders*

I really, really hate spiders. So much so the mention of them has made me too scared to even investigate the link :p.

T

The Kingpin

I have the urge to eat some burnt BBQ sausages now.

J

Jexa

Originally posted by Zill
Also, I think you'll find there are various forms of 'Daddy Long Legs' in the world. In Britain it's a type of mosquito/crane fly, and they definitely do not carry the most venomous bite in the world. So don't panic next time you have to pick one up from the wall.

The Daddy Long Legs they're referring to is the spider. :)

I believe it's a myth anyway

O

old.LandShark

Most venomous animal is the box jellyfish, in terms of amount of venom required to kill an adult human... And, FFS, I fucking hate spiders. To the point where I am now staring at my lemonade suspiciously in case it's full of spiders.

M

Munkey-

Jellyfish are absolute bastards. Only good time to dive out here is during summer, and thats when the oceans swarming with the blighters. Its fine when you get below 10 metres, but entering the surf hurts like fuck, especially if you got stung on the ear by a jellyfish thats smaller than my little toe ffs.

And then theres the time at 15 metres, devoide of life apart from some angel fish and dead coral, when i get stung on the leg. Looked around big jellyfish floating there.

At 15 metres.......the only jellyfish around and he just had to sting my leg :(

M

mirieth

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I finally plucked up the courage to view that link and eeewww!

Oh my god, that's foul! The guy's thumb is unbelievable! :puke:

O

old.job

Actually everyone calls the cranefly a 'daddy long legs', this is incorrect, a 'daddy long legs' is that funny spider you find in the house, with a small fluffy body and very long cotton thin legs.

It is highly venemous, but it's fangs are far to small to bite a human.

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Nasty thumb he's got there. I'm pretty immune to pictures like that though. I was forced to view pictures of all kinds of horrible wounds of as part of my medic training in the army a couple of years ago. Glad theres no poisonus snakes (not counting black adders since they're, well, adders) or spiders in Norway. 'Bout the only good thing about our cold shitty climate.

Z

Zill

Originally posted by old.job
Actually everyone calls the cranefly a 'daddy long legs', this is incorrect, a 'daddy long legs' is that funny spider you find in the house, with a small fluffy body and very long cotton thin legs.

It is highly venemous, but it's fangs are far to small to bite a human.

Sorry to burst your bubble but actually I am correct. The British Crane Fly aka Daddy Long Legs

And fortunately we have no highly venomous spiders in Britain irregardless of their potential to break the skin with their fangs.

N

Nichneven

That's the nastiest thing I've ever seen... and now I don't want to eat dinner :puke:

F

Flesh

Without even clicking the link or even reading the thread..I'm going to have nightmares..I hope you bastards are happy.

T

The Kingpin

Aye, since when has a daddy long legs had wings.

They are a little egg shape with big long legs, that are fun to pull off, and watch as they move as the nerves contract, even tho, they are no longer part of the body.

T

tris-

i think the daddy long legs we normally see (the the straw colour one with red bit on the end) is just an undeveloped version of the pretty colour ones.

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by sharma
Quit PS Warhawk? ;)

im so tempted so mumur warhawk if i saw you in m'bro or summit too, dunno why :)

Yeah quit PS, fantastic game but i don't think it has enough in it to warrant paying monthly for it...ok so a permanent character that develops but i see it as giving you a shite character then holding back stuff from you, like you have to cert to snipe.
I can play BF1942 for free and that lets me snipe/drive/fly/operate anything i want whenever i want.

Will certainly keep my eye on PS though ;)

and the mumur would be lost among the other random crap shouted at me
'Big Issue Mate?'
'Spare 48p mate for a cup of tea?'
'Hey you! I told you your barred!'
'I've got a court order out on you, 200 yards man! 200 yards!'
etc etc

O

osy

spv2anim.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom