Broadband Users

S

SFXman

Just interested.... exactly what sort of help is required? A bit, let's say, suspicious.

O

old.DaMole

Sorry, didn't mean it to sound sinister.

I've come back to uni, and left my DaoC cd at home. I was just wondering if anyone could send me a copy of it?

Just dump the cd on your hd/d, amd send it to me.

It's not like I can hack an accnt, and a lot of folks know me (Eastern Promise - Royal Bavarians)

I just crave DaoC - and thought some nice person out there might be able to help me.

O

old.DaMole

Oh yeah, and the reason I need it is, its not installed on my machine.

Just incase there was any confusion

O

old.Darkan

Bah, didnt realise my flatmate was logged in.

There - see its me :D

Anyone able to help me out?

East

O

old.Darkan

If you ain't up for doing it, say so. It'd be nice if I didnt sit hoping and waiting all night.

I'll just bugger off out or sumthin if no-one is up for it. :/

O

old.tRoG

if you crave daoc so much go and buy another copy.. itd be faster than waiting for someone to send it to you :)

and isnt that illegal anyhow?

O

old.Darkan

Not if I own a copy I don't think. Also its a subscription game, so I dont think therte would be a problem

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Darkan
Not if I own a copy I don't think. Also its a subscription game, so I dont think therte would be a problem
CD-key? Got it written down I expect?

L

Lydek

If you know your username and password you dont need a CD key, just leave the box blank and it works anyway :)

A

Aeiedil

If you know your username and password you dont need a CD key, just leave the box blank and it works anyway
now you tell me :p when i had to reinstall it it took ages to type in the bloody key esp when i got 1 letter wrong :(

S

Seyrcim

Have a look around for the beta, it might still be around somewhere. I still use the beta as I can't play off of my CD as my DVD doesn't like the copyprotection (fault on CD).

If you happen to get the beta, or someone send the files from their cd, you can get the update from 1.36 to 1.45 from http://norseman.cjb.net/camelot_v1.45.exe

O

old.Darkan

Well, I have been sent the files, just the entire Camelot directory.

It loads up to the splash screen (jus after choosing a server) and then minimizes to the desktop.

Anyone got any ideas why?

O

old.arneduck

As far as i know, you only need the camelot.exe, and when run it will download all the files missing/corrupt (in this case all files).
The patching should be automatic also.

But since you had the game sen to you you dont care ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by arneduck
As far as i know, you only need the camelot.exe, and when run it will download all the files missing/corrupt (in this case all files).
True.

O

old.ViU

isnt there something like "you need to have the cd in the first time" or am I just out in sibiria somewhere?

S

Seyrcim

Originally posted by ViU
isnt there something like "you need to have the cd in the first time" or am I just out in sibiria somewhere?

Not if one use the camelot.exe from beta. Which is good as quite a bunch of ppl wouldn't be able to play at all otherwise.

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by arneduck

But since you had the game sen to you you dont care ;)

ok, i tryed that, didnt work
ive sorted out a filepack which totals at 2.25mb

it works, patches everything for you :)

ill put it up on a server sometime for people that need something like this

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Eblessair

ok, i tryed that, didnt work
ive sorted out a filepack which totals at 2.25mb

it works, patches everything for you :)

ill put it up on a server sometime for people that need something like this
Strange... I guess that was beta only. But if you can get your hands on someones beta folder, (I have a beta in a zip file btw), you could just install that and let it download the updates.

O

old.Darkan

That would be excellent.

Make a sticky about it

O

old.Darkan

Ok, game runs happy.

Thanks to everyone that offered help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom