Broadband and latency problems

K

Karlo

I wondered if anyone could help, ive got a bizarre problem with my broadband connection.

At first I put it down to the router, and the fact more then one of us are using the connection, but even when its me alone online I still get the same problem.

Problem one: If anyone of us send a file to anybody at all on msn the network appears to become flooded and the adsl line just shuts off. We then have to reboot the rotuer to get it up and runnign again.

Problem two: In daoc ill be fine, runnig about etc, in huge fights with no lag etc. But then every so often, sort of 20 mins a time, I just get a red centre square ( i.e. loss of paquets) and go LD.

Does anyone know of any programmes I can use to run a test on this connection. Or any way of sorting it out etc?

Im with a company called nildram.

Thanks guys

C

CBH_Popov

Do you have a Linksys router Karlo?

If so ou may need to upgrade the firmware as I have read somewhere on the vn boards that there is a problem with Lynksys's older firmware and DAoC which causes LD's at 10 minute intervals. Sounds a similar problem if nothing else.

K

Karlo

well Ive changed my network card to be working at 100mb full duplex, I have a feeling when working on Auto it was messing up. Cant be certain its worked though.

Ill try upgrading the firmware too.

Its a dlink dsl-504

K

Karlo

ok, im pretty sure its not the firmware as the routers new and having checked the weeby it seems to be the most up to date.

I think its because of the fact it operates as a switch, and my network card is capable of speeds up to 1gb/sec where as all the others in the house operate at 100mb/s. So I took mine down to that and I think its ok now.

J

jilson

yay you fixy :D
I'll bring my pc over to play soon wee :D

K

Karlo

Originally posted by jilson
yay you fixy :D
I'll bring my pc over to play soon wee :D

weeeee defo :D maybe sunday again matey

K

Karlo

thanks mate ill look, it appears to only happen when other people are using the router too. When im on alone it dont.... hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom