Britney_Spears_Game appearing all over my HD...

X

Xtro

Morning :)

Must be a virus of some kind but AVG can't find a damn thing. Been wanting to reformat anyway so..

Anyway about a week ago a hidden file called Britney_Spears_Game appeared on both partitions of my HD. Saw it, deleted it (was created that day), ran AVG, couldn't find a thing.

Fitted a new secondary HD yesterday and this morning here it is again. On both partitions of my main drive and now here on my (empty) secondary HD. Deleted all of the critters.

Just wondered if anyone had heard of this? I've had no adverse affects (well noticeable ones)...

Running Zone Alarm btw.

J

Jonty

Hi Xtro

I believe you may have the W32.Spybot worm. I'd get rid of it sharpish if you can :(

Good luck

X

Xtro

Unfortunately not :p

Thanks Jonty, am checking that page now, AVG is shite it hasn't detected a thing.

L

~Lazarus~

Strange!.

Similar things on my pc, where a new Program Group appeared (Windows 2000) stating "Kitten Free Sex" :eek:

Ring any bells?

J

Jonty

Any luck with removing it Xtro/Lazurus?

Kind Regards

X

Xtro

AVG won't detect it so I'm looking into buying NAV (thanks for the link to that thread tdc).

Did what the symantec page says (thanks Jonty) and can't see any sign of it but am not convinced its gone :(

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Jonty
Any luck with removing it Xtro/Lazurus?

Kind Regards

Need to check again tonite. Last time I edited the registry, but must have missed an entry.

"mental note to send file to Jonty through YIM!"

:p

Editted so I don't look so cheeky in that quote, sorry :( ~ Jonty

X

xane

Originally posted by Xtro
AVG won't detect it so I'm looking into buying NAV (thanks for the link to that thread tdc).

Just as a reminder, consider using the US site and purchase as a download, you'll get the cheaper dollar price for it.

O

old.milou

This may sound a bit basic - I have NAV2003 - is the US download/upgrade to NAV2004 compatiable with an UK purchased product?

Edit: seems so from the upgrade centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom