Advice British Homebuyers

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with British Homebuyers or the like? We are currently struggling to sell our flat, but not having much luck, and we are quite desperate to move.

All the online reviews are good, but obviously reviews can be bought, so not sure how much it can be trusted. My assumption is they just completely low ball you on the offer?

Cheers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No experience but yeah it's in their interests to totally lowball you.

I reckon when lockdown breaks interest will increase again m8. What's the desparation?

New paint btw. Make the place look as you possibly can as cheaply as you possibly can.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
All i heard about these types of company is its usually below the market rate and they can do the dirty on you when you are nearly ready to exchange by lowing the off or they walk away cause your over a barrel.

i thought about that when i sold my house 4 years ago. But they seemed to dodgey to me.

strange most houses round here are flying away with the tax relief on selling or buying houses atm.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with British Homebuyers or the like? We are currently struggling to sell our flat, but not having much luck, and we are quite desperate to move.

All the online reviews are good, but obviously reviews can be bought, so not sure how much it can be trusted. My assumption is they just completely low ball you on the offer?

Cheers.

Avoid unless truly desperate. Just like webuyanycar or any of those types of thing, you trade price for speed.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Avoid unless truly desperate. Just like webuyanycar or any of those types of thing, you trade price for speed.
That was kind of what I was assuming, thanks. Hoping this budget announcement of the 5% deposit mortgages gets things moving a bit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
All i heard about these types of company is its usually below the market rate and they can do the dirty on you when you are nearly ready to exchange by lowing the off or they walk away cause your over a barrel.

i thought about that when i sold my house 4 years ago. But they seemed to dodgey to me.

strange most houses round here are flying away with the tax relief on selling or buying houses atm.
Thanks, this is what i was thinking. Ours is already on for slightly below market value, but getting next to no interest. I think it's because it's a zone two flat that doesn't have a garden. Possibly also a shit estate agent... she turned up 25 mins late for the last viewing. My wife read them the riot act and now they're making us a featured property, so fingers crossed.

DaGaffer

Thanks, this is what i was thinking. Ours is already on for slightly below market value, but getting next to no interest. I think it's because it's a zone two flat that doesn't have a garden. Possibly also a shit estate agent... she turned up 25 mins late for the last viewing. My wife read them the riot act and now they're making us a featured property, so fingers crossed.

Which estate agent?

DaGaffer

Winkworth

Ha. Total, utter wankers, even by estate agent standards. KFH are a bunch of sharks but I used them twice in two different offices and they were good at selling (although not so great if you're buying).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ha. Total, utter wankers, even by estate agent standards. KFH are a bunch of sharks but I used them twice in two different offices and they were good at selling (although not so great if you're buying).
We bought the place through KFH and they were absolute fucking shite. Interesting that they're better at selling though, might be worth a look. We're giving Winkworth 2 more weeks (with us as a featured property), no movement and we'll move elsewhere.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Have you turned the flat into a "show home" or just left it as is with all your usual stuff everywhere?

Not saying you're untidy or dirty or anything but clearing away a lot of stuff to make it look bigger, put flowers and plants around etc to make it a lot more appealing helps.
Maybe even a quick paint job wouldn't hurt.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Have you turned the flat into a "show home" or just left it as is with all your usual stuff everywhere?

Not saying you're untidy or dirty or anything but clearing away a lot of stuff to make it look bigger, put flowers and plants around etc to make it a lot more appealing helps.
Maybe even a quick paint job wouldn't hurt.

Also if you have Saudis having a look throw your wife in for free.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been doing a lot of browsing lately at different houses in different areas, thinking about moving further away from Manchester. I can get a lot more house for my money moving further away and pay my mortgage off in the process.

The photographs most estate agents put out are shit. Utterly shit. And homeowners often have lots of clutter in their houses, making them look cramped and ugly.

I'm not saying this is the case with your house, but I would definitely repaint anything that looks a bit tired. Spend money to make your rooms look brand new. Remove anything that makes the house look full. And strongly consider paying a local photographer, with lights (so it looks like the sun is streaming in through the windows) to make your house look more attractive. It's true what those TV programmes say, that spending money on a house will make it sell more quickly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've been doing a lot of browsing lately at different houses in different areas, thinking about moving further away from Manchester. I can get a lot more house for my money moving further away and pay my mortgage off in the process.

The photographs most estate agents put out are shit. Utterly shit. And homeowners often have lots of clutter in their houses, making them look cramped and ugly.

I'm not saying this is the case with your house, but I would definitely repaint anything that looks a bit tired. Spend money to make your rooms look brand new. Remove anything that makes the house look full. And strongly consider paying a local photographer, with lights (so it looks like the sun is streaming in through the windows) to make your house look more attractive. It's true what those TV programmes say, that spending money on a house will make it sell more quickly.
I didnt bother with my house. Had the photos taken as is and it sold in 2 weeks.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

We've done a bit of a paint job recently, and the house is quite minimalist anyway. Thinking about replacing the kitchen cabinets (doors only) as they're a bit tired. I like the idea of a proper photographer. Pain in the bloody arse moving house!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Edale?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom