Bring the relics into battle!

O

old.stroke

Yes, don't let the relics gather dust in their keeps. For an extra boost of something, relics should have to be carried on to the fields of battle. More risk, more reward if you win the battle.
As a matter of fact, a piece of the Holy Cross used to be brought to important battles during the crusades. To boost morale and make sure God was in the area.

Wouldn't this make big battles more interesting? A guild can 'check out' a relic to give the raiding force some bonus, maybe double the usual bonus the relic gives. Dunno how it would be implemented though, so any crappy guild can't bring it out of the keep just to lose it.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by stroke
Yes, don't let the relics gather dust in their keeps. For an extra boost of something, relics should have to be carried on to the fields of battle. More risk, more reward if you win the battle.
As a matter of fact, a piece of the Holy Cross used to be brought to important battles during the crusades. To boost morale and make sure God was in the area.

Wouldn't this make big battles more interesting? A guild can 'check out' a relic to give the raiding force some bonus, maybe double the usual bonus the relic gives. Dunno how it would be implemented though, so any crappy guild can't bring it out of the keep just to lose it.
Hehee! That is a pretty good idea actually. This was the case in Ultima Online at least with some faction things... stealing those "relic type things which name I have forgotten since I didn't like factions" resulted in you having to carry the damn thing out and stuff.
This would surely make RvR a lot more interesting with huge hordes protecting the "carrier" of the relic. But then again the enemy realm could have loads of snipers who would just simply kill the carrier. Of course if the relic just dropped to the ground another person could pick it up and continue. But if it cannot be dropped, resulting in it returning to the relic keep, the people taking it should have some major tank with tons of HP's and the best of equipment on to survive... healers then could take care of him on the way.
Heh, nice idea you had there I must say :D

O

old.Hendrick

It would be cool to have some kind of standard bearer, with the banner boosting morale and stats of surrounding groups. A bit like warhammer ;)
I would also like drummers and musicians to move alongside the warband and let the enemy hear that their destruction is at hand, and the albions could bring Highlander who would scare mids away with their bagpipes.

O

old.Spiritwolf

Bagpipes are enough to scare anyone away! :p

D

dozigden

Wow Hendrick that struck a cord, with your "standard bearer" in Savage Conclave we have a rank called "Banner Bearer" that had initially much the same idea as your suggesting - In the real world standard bearers had no distinguishing powers so why couldnt they perform the same function in game anyway?

Our Banner Bearer is a bi-weekly voted rank, the player getting the rank has to break our guild uniform rules (all camo colours) and wear the brightest most colourfull "shoot me quick" uniform he can manage (we often save our purple/orange/puse dyes to give to new Banner Bearers).

But back to the point - yes it would be nice to have a figure like this with powers, but why not make do? Have a good player dump her guild cloak and wear a pink one or something. Try to have people rallying to her!

If nothing else it could be fun:)

Back to the original original point:
This could have interestinig repercussions - imagine if the Albions in Prydwen now came to get their relic back and when they finally broke into the relic keep, they find the Middies are out in emain waving it around!

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Spiritwolf
Bagpipes are enough to scare anyone away! :p

hey! as a matter of fact i come from scotland... and i play the bagpipes :p

they play quite a bonnie tune :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Dozigden
Wow Hendrick that struck a cord, with your "standard bearer" in Savage Conclave we have a rank called "Banner Bearer" that had initially much the same idea as your suggesting - In the real world standard bearers had no distinguishing powers so why couldnt they perform the same function in game anyway?

Our Banner Bearer is a bi-weekly voted rank, the player getting the rank has to break our guild uniform rules (all camo colours) and wear the brightest most colourfull "shoot me quick" uniform he can manage (we often save our purple/orange/puse dyes to give to new Banner Bearers).

But back to the point - yes it would be nice to have a figure like this with powers, but why not make do? Have a good player dump her guild cloak and wear a pink one or something. Try to have people rallying to her!

If nothing else it could be fun:)

Back to the original original point:
This could have interestinig repercussions - imagine if the Albions in Prydwen now came to get their relic back and when they finally broke into the relic keep, they find the Middies are out in emain waving it around!
Haha, funny post! That banner bearer rank of yours is hilarious! I was close to laughing out loud here in my room when I read that. :D
Damn that last part about the original point is one funny idea....
"Well done fellow albions, now let's get the relic!"
"Sir... it... it's missing."
"What?!?!?!"
"Well it isn't here sir... simple as that."
"Sir you better come see this!"
"What now? More missing relics and such?" *walks to the edge of the keep walls* "Oh... my... god!"
*Mids wave and hold up the relic*

O

old.Tartanyak

See, we at the Purple Warriors work a little differently.

You will, in battle or before, notice all of us. The wave of purple and white caped brightly coloured lunatics shouting as much as possible as they ran across the hill, trampling the pretty hibbie grass.

I once had a camo. cape. I quickly took it to the emblemeer to get it as brightly coloured as possible.

Now, all I want is my hammer emblemed...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Tartanyak
See, we at the Purple Warriors work a little differently.

You will, in battle or before, notice all of us. The wave of purple and white caped brightly coloured lunatics shouting as much as possible as they ran across the hill, trampling the pretty hibbie grass.

I once had a camo. cape. I quickly took it to the emblemeer to get it as brightly coloured as possible.

Now, all I want is my hammer emblemed...
Heheh :D
"We want to die, we want to die!" ;)

L

Lam

Maybe we can start an event on the battlefield.
We choose one day when everyone has to wear his brightest outfit and go to RvR with it.

Then everyone can vote and the group that wins has the honor of being killed first by the enemy realms :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by fatgit
I've been Tango'd :clap:
I totally agree *looks very confused*
Tango sucks, or are you referring the dance?

O

old.Hendrick

If ever you look at Fattus in his bright orange armor, you will know what he means. I think...:puke:

But honestly, it looks quite nice.

S

SFXman

Hehe, well I might make my friar a funny sight to behold. Maybe fully yellow or something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom