Brexit - what about eBay and Paypal?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Given that a hard Brexit is entirely possible and the pissing contest between the EU and Britain shows no sign of abating, does anybody have any idea what happens to the likes of eBay and Paypal that have aligned themselves in Europe to avoid massive corporate taxes?

Foreign exchange and consumer protection could be very interesting as we wont have the likes of the EU on our side and just have our own laws in place, that seem poorly equipped to deal with this.

I'm sure there are bigger issues (pensions, banking, overseas residents, migration etc) but as a user of eBay and paypal for many years, I'm curious as to what the ramifications might be?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They'll just setup a division in the UK.

I notice that the tories refused to give EU citizens any more assurances that they'll definitely be allowed to stay the other day again...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
They'll just setup a division in the UK.

I notice that the tories refused to give EU citizens any more assurances that they'll definitely be allowed to stay the other day again...

Not heard that, in fact I heard Raab saying that it wasn't an issue.. mind you, that muppet was a vote leave..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not heard that, in fact I heard Raab saying that it wasn't an issue.. mind you, that muppet was a vote leave..
He said it wasn't an issue - but he wouldn't give a guarantee that they could stay. So no change.

That's a pretty fucking big issue for EU nationals in the UK I'd imagine.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Indeed, and a pretty big deal for UK to have Brexit no deal too, I'd like the Brits and the EU folks to stop dick waving and sort it out.

A Brexit no deal is going to hurt both sides a lot.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Come to think about it, has anybody ever said how many EU citizens were talking about that would not qualify for settled status and would be affected? is the immigration status simply not know for these people?

The perception seems to be that it's only people that might live and work here and pay taxes over the last 4.5 years that are an issue. I guess they wouldnt qualify for the settled status in Mar 2019.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
He said it wasn't an issue - but he wouldn't give a guarantee that they could stay. So no change.

That's a pretty fucking big issue for EU nationals in the UK I'd imagine.

Why would the UK do that? They have to hold out for a (Reasonable and Fair) reciprocal agreement. The fact that they acting like 2 year old's (both parties) rather than being reasonable and fair is the reason for any forward momentum.

It's also a huge issue for UK expats all over EU. All those retirees in Spain, france, Cyprus, Greece...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom