Brazil F1 Race

- English -

Resident Freddy
i couldn't be bothered watching it on TV as its not really my sport, but i was f5ing it every few seconds in the last few laps. I wanted Massa to win as I don't really like Hamilton and was laughing when he dropped to 6th in the last lap. Only to f5 seconds before the finish to realise he was in 5th!

/cries

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Hmm..Glock lost 18 secs on final lap.

Hamilton is a legend, take that all you Hamilton haters. Especially all the racists I've met on Justin TV in last few months. Today just makes it so much sweeter.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
he lost most of that it seemed in the last half too (looked like he was struggling alot by the end and let vettel and hamilton through!)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Id be slightly surprised if Glock didn't know exactly what he was doing there. Especially from the way he congratulated Lewis after parking up..
In the end i'm just very glad that it didn't come down to being decided on the free point massa got gifted 3 weeks ago, since that would of left a rather sour taste over the years action.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Slightly relevant - new series of top gear BB2 starts 8pm tonight

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Such a shame it ended with Hamilton on top but still, cannot complain at the amount of action in that race. I thought I was going to have a heart attack all throughout the last three laps :D

Now onwards with next year and no ITV adverts :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Ye shame Hamilton won in the end, love massa. but at the end of the day thats motor racing, if it was all plain sailing no-one would watch it. Can only echo whats been said, last 5 laps had me on the edge of my chair :) Bring on next year.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I normally think the GP is the most boring thing on telly. Today, however was edge-of-your-seat stuff, if only for the last lap. Great watching!

Corran

Part of the furniture
so much anti hami :( - but least it isnt as bad as that racist spanish website that was running. To piss them twats off is a good enough reason for a hamilton win in the championship.

I was behind hamilton all the way, he may come across as a bit arrogant but all the top drivers do. Everyone in racing knows hamilton as got that extra edge which shows in how aggressive his driving can be.

Anyways, as for this finish, well my misses said that i sounded like i won the lottery when i saw Lewis passing Glock at the end there. Sure people will say Glock let him take it, and who knows if he did or not. However he was on the slick tires and had no grip, even at that slow speed up the hill he was twitching all over the place even after Lewis passed him.

Next season I hope the FIA and stewards do a better job, they messed about with races way to often and made many poor decisions. Wonder why rosberg didnt get a drive through penalty for the first corner incident like hamilton did the other race!? curious isnt it. That said they done it on people other then Lewis through the season with dodgy decisions.

I do feel sorry for Massa, he would have been told by the team he was world champion, and then 10 seconds later to get told they made a mistake and he wasnt must have been heart breaking. Seems a decent guy, but it stuck one up the booing fans if nothing else.

Hamilton, Massa and Alonso next year is going to be interesting, just hope that BBC get some decent commenters for it, they be hard pressed to get people as good as the ITV crew who truelly knew what they were doing and had built up a great relationship with many drivers and teams.

Massa had a supreme race, made it look easy. That should have been 3 straight years of winning the race, shame he handed away victory last year. Hamilton by his terms was poor and had a big helping of luck at the end after making a silly mistake on the last lap that in reality should have cost him for the second year running. Very exciting, and looking forward to next year when i believe there could be 4 very good teams (Mclaren, Ferrari, BMW-who focused on next years car after about half way point this season hence dropped off pace, and Renault who seemed to just develop a great car at the end fo the season.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Hamilton, Massa and Alonso next year is going to be interesting, just hope that BBC get some decent commenters for it, they be hard pressed to get people as good as the ITV crew who truelly knew what they were doing and had built up a great relationship with many drivers and teams.

You haven't seen whose presenting it for the beeb yet? your googling skills are below par my son :)
Tbh though itv crew.......James(I bum hamilton)Allen can stay away, Steve(im in everything) Ryder can bugger off too. Rest are fine.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
cant remember a race like that tbh... not with that kinda drama... not since Nigel Mansell blew his tyres in Adelaide (look at that!! LOOK AT THAT!!!)

to take it on the last corner... amazing.. altho it did seem like tactics from Timo Glock.. but who cares!!

Hamilton was unfairly penalised throughout the season and still comes thru to win it. Brilliant.

dont get me wrong i think Massa is a great bloke too and F1 is looking good just for that rivalry, but Lewis deserved it.

as already mentioned... BYE BYE ITV!!! fucking ad breaks in the middle of the race... useless twats... how annoying was that?

also... David Coulthard... sad way to end his final race.. could do nothing about it, and he'll be missed in F1. good luck fella!!

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Stolen from general, but funny none-the-less

a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

Corran

Part of the furniture
to take it on the last corner... amazing.. altho it did seem like tactics from Timo Glock.. but who cares!!

This is what annoying me about the pro-massa fanclub.... they go on about Glock going slow (look at trulli's time for the same last lap - iirc glock was actually faster then him). If glock wanted hamilton to win he would have pitted for wet tyres as well and it would have been a non-issue as he wouldnt have been infront of hamilton, they gambled and almost got 4th place. Even 6th place was a great result for him, it may have even moved him up a position taking that gamble. cant remember as wasnt focused on him. lol

Corran

Part of the furniture
surprisingly not... i was waiting for someone taking out hamilton and then waiting for kova having a "problem" massa catching up and being sideswiped :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
a guy from peterborough has won £125,000 on it, after he placed a bet in 1998 that hamilton would be world champion before he was 25 after seeing him race as a 13 year old o_O

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Hamilton deserved to win, he has been good all season.

Massa had a fantastic race but this was just 1 single race, for the rest of his season he has been inconsistant, just look at Silverstone where he couldn't even keep it on the track, spinning 5 times, and Hamilton was racing 5 seconds faster then everyone else, even Barichello on full wet tyres. That is skill, and even then the Ferarri has been far more unreliable.

Hamilton and Maclaren deserved to win the Season even if Massa rightly deserved to win this single race and it's a big 2 fingers up at all the racists.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Massa and I think he showed great dignity and sportsmanship in how he handled the defeat, but the championship went to the right man this year.

As for glock, Hamilton was catching up on him, as was Trulli for the whole of the last lap and he was still running on the wrong tyres, he was over taken fair and square it was just a matter of wether it happend before or after the finish line, and it was close, it's no worse then Kimi letting Massa past last time or the points Massa got for free from the Stewards biased decisions.

If Massa had won it would of spoilt the championship as there would always be the question of the points he shouldn't of got. This was the only way it should of ended and hopefully next year they will sort out the Stewards so people can focus on the racing instead and with the new tyres it should be good.

No commercials is nice but I am concerned about the BBC taking over, I really like the input from Martin Brundle, it is good getting a real F1 drivers knowledgable view of what it is like in the cars and in racing conditions.

Do we know who exactly will be on the BBC F1 team yet? CBA to google it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Pitpass are reporting very early this Monday morning that Martin Brundle and David Coulthard will form a pivotal role in the commentating team for the 2009 BBC Formula One team. The rumours have been flying around the Internet ever since it was announced that ITV gave up their contract and the BBC would regain the sport’s broadcasting rights from 2009 onwards, and David Coulthard has been tipped for a role for a long time, only heightened after his retirement announcement.

It is suggested that the broadcasting team will consist of award-winning ex-Formula One driver Martin Brundle, David Coulthard, Lee McKenzie Jonathan Legard and Jake Humphrey. Lee McKenzie is the daughter of F1 journalist Bob McKenzie and has been working on the A1GP series. Humphrey is a young presenter who has enjoyed time on Match Of The Day and other Football related shows.

What you were looking for? :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They reckon he's gonna be worth £100,000,000 now. Fair play to him.

Lucky sod.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
This thread is so funny, the one time a British guy wins anything, you all say that you were cheering for the other guy xD

Good on the guy imo, nice to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom