Brave doggie

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually, terriers ain't brave, their more dumb(in that sense) then anything :D

And probably jumped the two pitbulls while they were on a lovely stroll.

Now their sitting in the impound going:

"Dude...what the hell?"
"I dunno, racist f*cks..."

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
ah I see, and your a dog psychologist then :confused: fascinating

Just a well known thing in the doggie world.

Terriers are the first ones to start a fight/fight against dumb odds.

That thing probably had nothing to do with kids.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, a guarddog for one. Aggressive yes, on own turf. But not the "man killer eat baby machine!" that people think.

I've had less problems with biting pitbulls then biting terriers.

I'm not trying to take away the "oh look at that sweet doggie saving those kids" thing the people love, just saying there's probably lot more to the story then just "Two lunatic pitbulls attack, terrier saves the day!"

And now two pitbulls get the lethal injection 'cause it's "Awww".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think i just answered you.

Guarddog, aggressive on own turf, misunderstood as a "murder dog". Only problem with pitbulls comes from, and with all dogs, mental things. If the dog is mistreated(any dog), or has coocoo problems, then it's more like to perform attacks.

Don't know what you're trying to want me to say, if you want to say something, say it.

Olgaline

FH is my second home

lol, when all you have left is to pick at someone's spelling or lack of spacing it really begins to get pathetic....

oh and do share your pre-edit answer, i saw it

ah well, dont have more time to play, will check in on the thread tonight.

in any case a Pit Bull = Terrier, that was all i was saying mate, ;)
i think you can see how that makes the above comment flawed in it's own right yes ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
in any case a Pit Bull = Terrier, that was all i was saying mate, ;)
i think you can see how that makes the above comment flawed in it's own right yes ?

Actually don't put me in the same "i lol at your speeling" category, ok then :)

Pitbull is a breed of terrier, yes, but not in the same sense as jack russels are.

Pitbulls, by their mindset(generally), are more towards the rottweiler and other "guarddog" breeds.

You have a point though there, and yes pitbulls like to fight too(maybe not as much as those pesky miniwaffles), but i'd still say there's more to this story then what's given out. Probably just 'cause this way it looks good.

In all probability, the pitbulls noticed the jack russel and wanted to go sniff. Jack russels ain't that "social" when unleashed, especially towards outnumbered, so it's defence mode and against that, the pit's probably defended too.

If those pitters were after the kids, i think they would've ripped the teddy russel to pieces and then proceed to eat a couple of kid-chops :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh pit bulls are dangerous but then again any animal with teeth and claws is, they were created to be fighting dogs and while they can be excellant pets (when trained and loved by a good responsible owner) sadly its like most things you only ever see the vicious nasty ones because the quiet tame docile ones never make the news.

The kind of person who is more inclined to get a pit bull, doberman, rottweiler or any of the "agressive" dogs are actually the worst kind of peope to have them, all these dogs are brilliantly obedient and can be the best kind of dog in the world but people get them for the image and they dont want a highly trained dog they want a snarling barking fur coated razor blade.

Its like with yorkshire terriors, people see or think of them and think "ew bloody orrible yappy things" but they're not, its just because the kind of person who is more inclined to have ones as a pet is the kind of person who wants a "toy" and not a pet, they dont instill discipline and i firmly believe you never get a bad dog, you get bad owners.

They were planning (i dont know if they carried it out) an amnisty on pit bulls in this country and I thought it was the most irrisponsible idea ever (like amnesties on swords and knives) it would only be the responsible people with a social conscience who would hand over their dogs, which would probably have been the better trained dogs, the people who dont care would not hand the dogs over and infact footage has been recovered in the last couple of weeks of a guy who kept pit bulls ( i believe) in his home and used his living room and a dog fight pit. This man said they were his pets, the walls were covered with blood and the dogs were so chewed up it was horrific.

These are the kind of people who, when mixed with powerful dogs create the "nightmare dogs" as I say it is never the dog but always the owner.

That poor little jack russle, no animal should have to go through that, and those poor children for having to see it. I hate seeing dogs not on leads because while your dog may be an A1 well behaved dog there are others out there who are not and if they were all kept on leads then they wouldnt be able to go about attacking other animals.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, people who don't use a leash when other dogs are around should be neutered :eek:

You kinda brought up my point there too Eq.

Any dog is a killer if not treated right.

That russel might have been extra cutecuddly with people, but when another dog comes around the corner, he might have gone kill bill red eye(queue bad music) on them.

And since these kids hardly would say "T'was our dog who went loco on them bitches(correct term X)!", i think this was used as another "heroic (cute)dog saves the day".

Ezteq

Queen of OT
The thing about making animals in to villians i really dont agree with, heros yes because animals can do brave things (you hear about dogs that scare off attackers or even the occasional cat who sees their human as being worthy of their assistance) but animals don't have the same mean streak as people.

you dont get serial killing snakes (despite "Anaconda" movie) or sharks (despite "Jaws") or crocodiles with a mission to eat as many people as possible ("Lake placid") you get people who do that but not animals and as much as i love my creature feature movies i know them to be fiction i know you dont get evil animals and its a bit irrisponsible for newspapers to portray them as such.

However if people can be educated about the dangers of keeping untrained animals then thats only a good thing.

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
you obviously havent met my kitten! He is evil from within, which is why hes mine

Laddey

FH is my second home
Every person and their dog has a pit bull round here. Even family men. I wouldn't trust such a savage dog near my children (when i have them) it's in the blood of the animal to be such a savage beast.

You hear/read about even tamed dogs going berserk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom