Brain waves to control computer games?

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
such a useful device, it would leave your hands free to do other stuff then while playing games..

wait... :eek6: i dont want to know now...

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Insane said:
such a useful device, it would leave your hands free to do other stuff then while playing games..

wait... :eek6: i dont want to know now...

Ahar! You can become skilled in the hand of "no-handed typing" Excellent, now wheres the vaseline...

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
That looks very cool indeed. I think they had something similar - albeit more basic that let you play Pong with your mind in Japan some years ago - nice to see that they've improved it.

Typing is an interesting concept: Would you think each letter? Or would you think words? Most of the time when you write the words you want are 'thought up' well below the surface of concious thought.... could cause Speach Recognition like training nightmares ;) -- then again, I have no idea how large the differentiation between different thoughts is.

-- imagine if you could think things in a certain way you could have it formatted automagically... oooh the possibilities.

And then there's Beat-em-up games, you'd train your mind by watching kung-fu films for hours before hand.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
from what i picked up from the article, its only currently picking up on movement of the eyeballs, if you focus on the left box then your character leans left, focus on the right box and it leans to the right... its not as advanced as the article seems to give out to be...

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
The world is flat godammit please keep it that way !

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Shovel said:
That looks very cool indeed. I think they had something similar - albeit more basic that let you play Pong with your mind in Japan some years ago - nice to see that they've improved it.

Typing is an interesting concept: Would you think each letter? Or would you think words? Most of the time when you write the words you want are 'thought up' well below the surface of concious thought.... could cause Speach Recognition like training nightmares ;) -- then again, I have no idea how large the differentiation between different thoughts is.

-- imagine if you could think things in a certain way you could have it formatted automagically... oooh the possibilities.

And then there's Beat-em-up games, you'd train your mind by watching kung-fu films for hours before hand.

Yes but it might be a bit difficult keeping your mind on what you are "typing".

I would end up with half my document filled with day dreams and weird graphics :eek7:

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
one small step.........next it will be driving without hands!!!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm waiting for the Auto drive car...so I can sit in the back seat and play bingo.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
why not just switch on the cruise control - thats what its there for isnt it?

Will

/bin/su
You have to steer and stay awake for cruise control. All it does is hold you at a certain speed.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Will said:
You have to steer and stay awake for cruise control. All it does is hold you at a certain speed.

lol

i know - was being pedantic

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
dysfunction said:
Yes but it might be a bit difficult keeping your mind on what you are "typing".

I would end up with half my document filled with day dreams and weird graphics :eek7:

What if so far into the future, you could import images from your brain onto your monitor, it could be heralded as a new genre of pr0n. :p

And aye i must agree, i think my brain would make more possible typos than my fingers every could, i mean, every now and again you would drift off thinking of something and you end up writing all about it, could be useful, might be ambarrassing if someone catches you documenting what you would do in a threesome with Angelina Jolie and someone else. :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sharma said:
What if so far into the future, you could import images from your brain onto your monitor, it could be heralded as a new genre of pr0n. :p

And aye i must agree, i think my brain would make more possible typos than my fingers every could, i mean, every now and again you would drift off thinking of something and you end up writing all about it, could be useful, might be ambarrassing if someone catches you documenting what you would do in a threesome with Angelina Jolie and someone else. :p

I would be locked up if this were ever introduced.

:worthy:

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
I'd be scared of playing 4 hours straight. Unplugging and walking down the street normally for a bag of chips when all of a sudden you swear there is a sniper on the top of dixons and jump on a woman nearby screaming "GET DOWN!!!"...

Could seriously screw you up :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom