TV Bottom's back..

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I love em to bits, but gut feeling: its gonna fail if you compare it to the original 3 TV series. Both are well into their 50s. It won't be the same

- English -

Resident Freddy
I love em to bits, but gut feeling: its gonna fail if you compare it to the original 3 TV series. Both are well into their 50s. It won't be the same

Exactly my point. It was the same with Partridge, he did some podcast things not so long back and they were terrible and seemed desperate tbh

ChODax disagrees though, would like to hear why ;p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I dearly want it to be amazing but I just have that same feeling that it won't be. I just think they're a bit too long in the tooth to pull off that sort of physical comedy that they did so well all those years ago. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tough economic times. Everyone's struggling, and TV pays well. If some 26 yr old BBC trendy-type with an ipad, a beard, and expensive spectacles invites you out for a coffee to re-launch a 20 year old comedy series for a £100,000 fee you're not going to say no, are you.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Couldn't watch Hotel Paradiso, was too awful.
That recent Partridge web series was great tho!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hotel Paradiso was funny as fuck. It was just badly shot.

The new series will have to be a little bit different sure but the interplay between the two is what always made it special and that is something they will never lose.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I have all the Bottom Live series on DVD. Even managed to find the first one after some searching! ... ... and then they decided to release a double box set with the first two... bastards

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tough economic times. Everyone's struggling, and TV pays well. If some 26 yr old BBC trendy-type with an ipad, a beard, and expensive spectacles invites you out for a coffee to re-launch a 20 year old comedy series for a £100,000 fee you're not going to say no, are you.

Hence the return of Red Dwarf next month as well. "Back To Earth" should have warned them off, but they've still gone for it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Rik is a legend, but Ade has appeared too much on TV being all nice and Michael Palin like, I hope he can shake it off with the first finger in the eyeball..Rik is beyond failure.
Is Stewy really based on him?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
great news! Richie: Let's play Pin the Tail on the Donkey Eddie: But we haven't got a donkey Richie: Alright. Pin the Tail on the Chicken. Eddie: We haven't got a tail. Richie: Pin the Sausage on the Chicken. Eddie: We haven't got a pin. Richie: Sellotape the Sausage to the Chicken. Eddie: We haven't got a chicken. Richie: Sellotape the Sausage on the Fridge. Eddie: We haven't got a sausage. Richie (exasperated): Put a Bit of Sellotape on the Fridge!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Also worth noting, seeing how much they left out of that, that it's not an Ade vs Rik thing - it's that Ade doesn't want to do comedy any more. That article sounds like they want to punch eachothers lights out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom