bored...had an idea

O

old.Elrond

I'm always miffed when my lifebane ticks for 55 damage (please read on its not just about assasins :)) and it struck me that it would make life a lot easier for dotting classes if their targets resist only determined the chance to 'resist the effect' but didn't then also reduce the tick damage

So for example someone with 50% body resist will have a 1 in 2 chance of getting hit by a shaman dot...but if it did stick it would tick for maximum damage. I see myself doing 120 damage a tick on drinkers in df and I get peeved I can't do it in rvr ;)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Elrond
I'm always miffed when my lifebane ticks for 55 damage (please read on its not just about assasins :)) and it struck me that it would make life a lot easier for dotting classes if their targets resist only determined the chance to 'resist the effect' but didn't then also reduce the tick damage

So for example someone with 50% body resist will have a 1 in 2 chance of getting hit by a shaman dot...but if it did stick it would tick for maximum damage. I see myself doing 120 damage a tick on drinkers in df and I get peeved I can't do it in rvr ;)

no thanks, its arite

P

Pin

it would make life a lot easier for dotting classes if their targets resist only determined the chance to 'resist the effect' but didn't then also reduce the tick damage

resists don't effect the chance to 'resist the effect' at all, they only effect the damage done.

chance to 'resist the effect' is based 50% on your level vs. target level, and 50% on the spell level vs target level.

O

old.Hellskor

Re: Re: bored...had an idea

Originally posted by Pin
resists don't effect the chance to 'resist the effect' at all, they only effect the damage done.

chance to 'resist the effect' is based 50% on your level vs. target level, and 50% on the spell level vs target level.

I'm pretty sure he knows that. ;)
He's just saying it would be nice if it were different.

Personally, leave it as it is ... knowing my luck I'd never get a poison to stick ever again.

A

Apathy

I fear the threads with "idea" in the title.

a.

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: bored...had an idea

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
I'm pretty sure he knows that. ;)
He's just saying it would be nice if it were different.

the words "then also" implied that he doesn't

M

mavericky

I wouldnt like that idea, a healer having 50% chance of his mezz being resisted would be poor, or a Runie, QC root after he gets ambushed seeing the 'spell resisted' message. It would cause a lot of unhappy people.

O

osy

Originally posted by Apathy

a.

Today, a group of scientists from Alabama research center have published their research results. The six months ongoing investigation has clear results, indicating that those browsing forums will eventually fight their most dreadful fears.

Penny GoldStein, GAY Tv.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by mavericky
I wouldnt like that idea, a healer having 50% chance of his mezz being resisted would be poor, or a Runie, QC root after he gets ambushed seeing the 'spell resisted' message. It would cause a lot of unhappy people.

he was talking about only dot classes

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Osy
Today, a group of scientists from Alabama research center have published their research results. The six months ongoing investigation has clear results, indicating that those browsing forums will eventually fight their most dreadful fears.

Well shit :E

A

Apathy

A team of scientists at Johns Hopkins University announced Monday that a five-year study examining the link between Barrysworld forums and lower fear rates has found jack shit.

a.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by fl3a
he was talking about only dot classes

Then speaking as a shammy, I would hate that too. Meet a group with a chanter in, BAoD up, 70% resists for the whole group. 7 out of 10 dot casts would be outright resisted, and I would be out of mana before doing any damage.

P

parisienscot

a.

And people who put "idea" in a thread title should fear the lash of Apathy's tounge.

You go girl!!! ;)

A

Apathy

/flex

Parisien and Osy should get married!

a.

O

osy

ok with me, if the ceremony is held at Johns Hopkins...

A

Apathy

He's big but it's not physically dangerous.

a.

N

Nichneven

No thanks. I like my dot just fine, thankuverymuch ^^

Gaaaaaaaaaaassss.....

O

old.Elrond

surely if you meet a baod group dot will tick for almost nothing anyway? :(

N

Nichneven

On average about 96 dam per tick - and i have 47 cave and Wild Arcana 2. Yes, lower damage in RVR than PVE which does about 120 minimum and 240 max (as I remember, doesn't happen often)at best critical.

O

old.Elrond

you seriously do that much damage when they ahve baod running? my bd friends say they hit for something like 30(-300) with lifetap I would have thought dot would be just as bad. fair play if its not tho :)

N

Nichneven

ahh nah i didn't take baod into account. I'm pretty sure the damage is shaved - haven't looked very closely at all the text scroll mid battle

don't slap me i'm not a nerd like y'all :p

M

Munkey-

i see we have a problem here.....mr......Elrond. This "free thinking thought process" has gone on for long enough.

Make sure it doesnt happen again.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by mavericky
Then speaking as a shammy, I would hate that too. Meet a group with a chanter in, BAoD up, 70% resists for the whole group. 7 out of 10 dot casts would be outright resisted, and I would be out of mana before doing any damage.

i didnt say i like the idea myself ;)

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by parisienscot
:clap:

What's Johns Hopkins? ;)

It's a HUGE hospital/school of medicine located in Baltimore, Maryland (USA).

Unless it's also a meaning for something else that I'm completely missing ^^

O

old.Elrond

Wel...If it were a choice between having a 3 in 10 chance of hitting a full damage ae dot or a higher chance of hitting a dot for 15 damage I'd choose the first :( that's just me though

ps; munkey doesn't even play daoc! troll :(

O

osy

I want Parisien to hop on my John. :(

a.

Keep away you !! He's mine !!

*bruises Apathy with the Alabama research results*

D

Danya

Between 5 and 8 usually. :p

chance to 'resist the effect' is based 50% on your level vs. target level, and 50% on the spell level vs target level
No, it's entirely on spell level vs their level actually:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/704.php
Spells have a factor of (spell level / 2) added to their chance to hit. (Spell level defined as the level the spell is awarded, chance to hit defined as the chance of avoiding the "Your target resists the spell!" message.) Subtracted from the modified to-hit chance is the target's (level / 2). So a L50 caster casting a L30 spell at a L50 monster or player, they have a base chance of 85% to hit, plus 15%, minus 25% for a net chance to hit of 75%. If the chance to hit goes over 100% damage or duration is increased, and if it goes below 55%, you still have a 55% chance to hit but your damage or duration is penalized. If the chance to hit goes below 0, you cannot hit at all. Once the spell hits, damage and duration are further modified by resistances.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.Osy
Keep away you !! He's mine !!

*bruises Apathy with the Alabama research results*

I just wanted you to touch me. :(

Besides, as it was with my sorc...mezzes DID get resisted have the time AND my DDs did 50% damage. ¦-/

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom