border around screen

O

old.daytrader

my desktop is set to 1024 x 768 85hz ,but when i play half life/ couterstrike / teamfortress , at 1024 x 764 the screen moves over to the left by a inch and refresh rate goes down to 60hz, or if i chose 800 x 600 i get a border around screen , any help please.
also i get flashing across screen in games like ut and motorcross madness 2 any cure for this please.

T

Tui

Without a doubt it will be your video card settings and/or drivers. The game is picking up the windows default of 60 Hz and so a different horizontal frequency. Could be your monitor settings for 800 x 600 so try adjusting the width and height. Have you the latest drivers for your card?

O

old.daytrader

tui i have latest drivers , and quake 3 is ok so is unreal tournament both gives me 1024 x 768 at 85hz , when i 1st put games on games i think they worked ok. any more help please.

T

Tui

Dunno if I can help you any further. What graphics card are you using?

M

Mr Lee

what graphics card, version of windows, and what coulour depth are you running all the games in

O

old.daytrader

thanks for all your help,i may have sorted it out, all i done was on each screen that gave me borders or moved to left, i just adjusted picture with onscreen controls , i didint think this would work because it seemed to ovious and i thought maybe it would change my desktop settings but it didint, maybe somehow i adjusted screen before that made games have borders myself, anyway can you confirm if what i done was the correct thing, still get flashing across screen thou i have geforce gts 2 64ram with latest drivers only does it in ut and motorcross madness 2 . thanks

T

Tui

Yeah, sounds ok. I've had to do the same for each screen resolution. When you say you have the latest drivers, is that the Nvidia reference drivers or ones from the card manufacturer. I have an Asus TNT2u and only use their drivers because I did have some problems long ago. Note that the OpenGL support for UT is not very good and you'd be better off using Direct3D. Dunno about MM2.

O

old.daytrader

thanks for getting back ,i have 5.22 drivers from hercules , tried latest 6.22 from nivadia didint like them made my screen go fuzzy lot of people said same thing, i run UT in direct 3d anyway really annoying flashing, but i have even bigger problems every time i connect to a games server i get disconected every 30 seconds or minute or so any ideals , most people i speak to seem to only get disconected once a week or so if that . i am with unlimited freetime with freeserve. thanks again for bothering to reply . chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom