Boo!

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the US beta servers are going down today.

World of Warcraft Beta Update - Tyren on 11/17/04
In preparation for the upcoming retail launch of World of Warcraft, we will be taking the North American open beta servers offline on Thursday, November 18. While this will mark the end of the open beta test, there will still be some work left for us to do. To provide the best experience possible at launch, we will be making numerous final optimizations to our hardware based on the data we've acquired during the open beta test.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Shakka's life is over already. He was so young! Why? WHY?!? :(

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I already miss my dear Gabriella, may she rest in peace :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yes, my poor ormie is gone :(

well... bring on the euro open beta god dammit! :clap:

just out of curiosity, will i need to download the whole installer thing again for the euro beta? or can i just change some files (or download them to replace) to play on euro servers? since the graphic files should be pretty much identical...

would like to know since i dont fancy spending hours (took 21 hours for my 1mb connection :( ) downloading that thing again :p

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Not quite sure, but the US open beta didn't work on my Euro client so that could very well be the case...

And for the 100365th time, for the love of god, don't use the blizzard downloader ;)

nick

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to connect to the US Open Beta with my EU client by pointing the realmlist.whatthefuck file to the US login servers, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure if it works both ways though.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
nick said:
I tried to connect to the US Open Beta with my EU client by pointing the realmlist.whatthefuck file to the US login servers, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure if it works both ways though.

It works both ways.....

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
nick said:
Not sure if it works both ways though.

It should untill they start messing around with patchs, then the 2 are not compatible.

living

Fledgling Freddie
will according to www.softexchange.dk and many other gaming sites, euro beta will be out 26-27th november :) So not that long a wait it seems :)

Says game will be out 27th feb. too

Aada

Part of the furniture
oh well managed lvl 44.. damn this game is easy.. soloed pretty much all those lvls too. I predict il hit lvl 60 within a month

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
What's the deal to guarentee a euro-beta account? Any reliable source to pre-order the game from, etc?:D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
nick said:

so what would i need to put for euro servers? says:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

would it be eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com? or something similar? :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Ormorof said:
so what would i need to put for euro servers? says:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

would it be eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com? or something similar? :D

Can't check right now but I think it is : eu1.wow.battle.net

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
living said:
will according to www.softexchange.dk and many other gaming sites, euro beta will be out 26-27th november :) So not that long a wait it seems :)

Says game will be out 27th feb. too
no. we don't know when it will start yet, and here's why.

The pre-orders start on the 26:th. - "On the 26th of November, World of Warcraft will be available for pre-order throughout Europe."

"Players who pre-order World of Warcraft at participating retailers will also receive ... a personal “Authentication Key” providing guaranteed access in to the European Final Beta Test, once it goes live."

I highlighted the small print for you.

Otto

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
no. we don't know when it will start yet, and here's why.

The pre-orders start on the 26:th. - "On the 26th of November, World of Warcraft will be available for pre-order throughout Europe."

"Players who pre-order World of Warcraft at participating retailers will also receive ... a personal “Authentication Key” providing guaranteed access in to the European Final Beta Test, once it goes live."

I highlighted the small print for you.

I pre-orderd WoW 3 days ago here in Sweden and I'll get the open beta key the 26'th

nick

Fledgling Freddie
You might get the key but I doubt you'll get in as the open beta date hasn't been announced yet. Not to mention the fact that they haven't even got the localized servers up and running yet. So I doubt you'll be seeing open beta this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom