Bonfire Night!!!!!!!!

O

old.job

Of course the original idea of bonfire night is to burn an efigy of the Pope, some towns in the UK still do!!!!

(It's cos he's the head of the Roman Catholic Church, Guy Fawkes was trying to blow up Parliment to put the Catholics back in power)

O

old.Dillinja

I thought the idea was to burn people who misuse fireworks.

B

barevoose

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
I thought the idea was to burn people who misuse fireworks.

lol dont they get burnt when they misuse them neways?

R

Restart

Was at a fireworks display when I was about 8years old, this huge rocket goes off then a few seconds later a huge metal pole sticks into the ground about 5ft away from me... not been to another display since :/
And the other year our neighbours decided to burn some plastics on there bonfire causing huge black toxic fumes to spew from the fire, and the Fire Brigade had to be called to put it out :/
Bad day of the year for me I guess :p

T

tris-

Originally posted by old.job
Of course the original idea of bonfire night is to burn an efigy of the Pope, some towns in the UK still do!!!!

eerr its to burn one of guy fawkes not the pope, unles your takin the piss of course... :eek7: guy fawkes got caught, tortured then executed and bonfires started in the same week.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.job
(It's cos he's the head of the Roman Catholic Church, Guy Fawkes was trying to blow up Parliment to put the Catholics back in power)

R

Restart

Originally posted by Hargh
Traditionally the town of Lewes in Sussex burns an effigy of this years most hated figure. Any ideas for this year?

Repent?

R

Roalith

Originally posted by Hargh
Traditionally the town of Lewes in Sussex burns an effigy of this years most hated figure. Any ideas for this year?

Flesh?

A

Aoami

The best thing is the smell of the gunpowder in the air the next morning tbh. :)

N

-Nxs-

Just had the loudest banger i've ever heard explode on the field behind my house. The bang wasnt that bad - but the repeating wail of car alarms going off is bloody anoying :)

S

Sping

I absolutely HATE bonfire night.

Little kids running around throwing lit fireworks into buses, open windows and underneath cars...

What joy! :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Sping
I absolutely HATE bonfire night.

Little kids running around throwing lit fireworks into buses, open windows and underneath cars...

What joy! :)

At least youve got an excuse to slap em tho, unlike haloween when they just bang on your door demanding money for naff all

G

gengi

How was it ?

We had a flare going off the back of the Rig but that was nothing to do with Bonfire night :(

Hope you all had fun.

Later

R

Rubric

In our local rag there was a report of some town burning a caravan with Pikey written on it.

They got some shit for that i can tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom