boiling & exploiting?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
As the title say's...
I was defending a tower in my own vs 1fg albs that were attacking it...
So I've setup a hookpoint (oil)..
There were albs on the door..
I hit the pour button, and I hit nothing, they were all standing in a corner between walls and door.. so that they could hit the door, and not getting hit bij oil.... wtf is this? and its gooing to be fixed?

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think they was just pointing at albs, its just their experiance was when fighting 1fg albs at a keep defense m8. Dont jump the gun and expect everyone to just shout that albs are the lame bug abusers, cos he didnt say that. Hes just asking if this bug is gonna be fixed or it stays like that.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think this will be fixed anywhere in the near future but I might be wrong.
This "bug" was already present (and exploited) in the beta tests on Gorre and I do agree it has to be fixed even if they only increased the AE of the oil so it hits the person/people that are hitting the door from the side.
It's already easy enough to destroy the oil so it should really be no problem if they did so.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
As the title say's...
I was defending a tower in my own vs 1fg albs that were attacking it...
So I've setup a hookpoint (oil)..
There were albs on the door..
I hit the pour button, and I hit nothing, they were all standing in a corner between walls and door.. so that they could hit the door, and not getting hit bij oil.... wtf is this? and its gooing to be fixed?

Example of mythics crappy coding, until they fix it learn to live with it, like we have to live with crappy coded reavers :D

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
fungus said:
Example of mythics crappy coding, until they fix it learn to live with it, like we have to live with crappy coded reavers :D

Aye, because oil is such a great example of a good idea.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Rightnow it and see what they say. I do it as well, and I'll keep doing it until someone tells me it's bug-abuse or just not allowed. :cheers:

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Rightnow it and see what they say. I do it as well, and I'll keep doing it until someone tells me it's bug-abuse or just not allowed. :cheers:

Like Mythic/Right Now is gonna say "you cant stand at side of the door because you cant be hit by Oil and therefore its against CoC and considered Bug Abuse " ^^

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
had issues with pouring the oil last night too. Twice I got 'you cannot see the cauldron of boiling oil from here' when i clicked on fire, had to wait for the oil to disappear and remake it. Something to do with the tower upgrading while the oil was up perhaps? (guessing)

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
had issues with pouring the oil last night too. Twice I got 'you cannot see the cauldron of boiling oil from here' when i clicked on fire, had to wait for the oil to disappear and remake it. Something to do with the tower upgrading while the oil was up perhaps? (guessing)

I've been using a treb when a tower upgraded and then got the 'you cant see bleh' after the upgrade.. so I guess it is that.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Well

I was loling irl when i found that 1 month ago :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
and yeah, had that aswel m8, i had put up a trebuchet...
abnd target was never visible, (upgraded tower)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
found out this like the day NF were released, its good imo, oil is oped 2k4~

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
That was our group I think. Built the ram, someone got on it, set a gt, ram moved to there, aim, start ramming.. When first oil pour came and no one got hit, we were quite surprised.

Later on we had to abort our attack on nGed because the ram was bugged in a negative fashion (drove to door, aim, press fire and "you can't see the ram from here", tried to move it, and all people on the ram got booted off right under the oil), so it all evens out I guess. Karma maybe *shrug*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom