body sorcerer spec

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
am thinking of respeccing my sorcerer to 45 body 29 mind, and using MoF 3 to stop the mez being resisted a lot? any thoughts.

:m00:

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, dont do it.

even if not resisted that mezz will have a very short duration. Add that with Det5 and you now have an utterly useless mezz spell.

I think I heard someone say even with red mezz, with det5 it lasts for 10 sec. you imagine how long your mezz will last. ;) 4 sec?

you will also loose your group crack and single crack yellow.

And if I am not mistaken you loose the ability to charm yellow pets.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
From what I've heard, don't make this switch if you're doing it to up your damage. In RvR, you'll want to use your baseline LT and I'd be suprised if a move from 39-47 would add more than 30-50 damage per nuke. Spec nukes are nice from a power-saving point of view, but LT is the way forward.

You'll also lose access to yellow ML9 pets and PoM. Since the Det boost these are probably the most desirable thing sorc have right now (except interrupts). Since the Det patch, I've specced to 44mind for the larger-radius mezz spell, since I interrupt more than I CC with all the Det5 Charge2 peeps around.

If you're going to be running lots of groups with fire-wizzies, then the Body spec is kinda nice. AOE roots, solid nukes, some mezz (but not much) and 50% fire debuff makes for nice utility if you have 2 assisting fire-wizards. If you want to run a debuff-nuking group, I'd still go for a Spirit Cabby, Wind Theurg and 39/37 sorc.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Yes, dont do it.

even if not resisted that mezz will have a very short duration. Add that with Det5 and you now have an utterly useless mezz spell.

I think I heard someone say even with red mezz, with det5 it lasts for 10 sec. you imagine how long your mezz will last. ;) 4 sec?

you will also loose your group crack and single crack yellow.

And if I am not mistaken you loose the ability to charm yellow pets.

forgot about det5 :mad:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
forgot about det5 :mad:

Ignore the fact people have det 5 if you want to switch. Even red mezzing a det 5 tank is pointless nowadays. The people you need to worry about mezz duration on is the support who can't spec det!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
You don't want red mezz for duration you want it for the additional radius - regardless of determination on tanks the game coded so that mezz interupts and a larger radius interupts more people.

You won't gain much in damage by body spec though you do gain a better dex/quick debuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom