Body Piercings

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ok, I know there are some metal types on these boards who have tatts and piercings.

I understand that if you get a piercing done, say, ears or nose; the stud has to stay in for a minimum or recommended time to stop it closing up? That would pose a problem in my line of work if i got such things done. Is there anyway you can insert some sort of a flesh coloured "thing" such as a "flesh coloured stud" or something to put in temporarily so it's less obvious when body/facial piercings aren't appropriate?

Any help appreciated.

Will

/bin/su
You can get plastic savers, but you can't swap the jewellery while it is healing, and they are still pretty obvious. Unless its your cock, obviously. If your boss can see that, I don't think a piercing is top of your job issues.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Will said:
Unless its your cock, obviously. If your boss can see that, I don't think a piercing is top of your job issues.

lol

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
You can get plastic savers, but you can't swap the jewellery while it is healing, and they are still pretty obvious. Unless its your cock, obviously. If your boss can see that, I don't think a piercing is top of your job issues.

It might be an issue if you get a nasty bleed... I took a week off for mine and was pissing blood for at least 4 days :)

Will

/bin/su
Ah, mine was pretty easy, it only bled a tiny bit. Though I got a fright the first time I walked down a flight of stairs. It was a somewhat unexpected sensation. :)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Mine looked like someone had thrown a hand grenade down my pants.

Anyway back on topic:

http://www.wildcat.co.uk/acatalog/ - best in the country.

http://www.coldsteel.co.uk/frames.html - arguably 2nd best.

There are two normal minimum gauges for the first ear piercing - 1.2mm or 1.4mm (1.4mm is the main one really). If you're worrying (like REALLY) worrying about work you might want the 1.2mm.

I presume you're thinking of having a stud rather than a BCR (Ball Closure Ring). If so, you can have it pierced with a clear piece of jewellery at the off, rather than mess about fitting clear plastic bits on after.

And for fucks sake please go to a decent piercing STUDIO rather than Billy Cranks the hairdresser/piercer - and dont have it done with a GUN, it should be via a needle.

RANT OFF :) If you want to me PM me where you live (rough area) I can prob recommend somewhere.

/edit: You should not change the initial piece of jewellery for at least two weeks after getting it pierced. Even then it depends on how your body heals normally, for some its longer some its shorter. Main reason for piercings going gammy is people taking them out early and fiddling with them. Bath the fucker in salt water and other than that LEAVE IT ALONE! ;)

You will have to keep something in mate anyways. I can leave jewellery out of my nose piercing for months on end now but I did have it done in 1988!

old.user4556

So typically a studio worth their salt could put in small clear plastic things from the off?

That would be ideal.

old.user4556

Ok,

Popped into a place today in Edinburgh (maybe you know it will) on Jeffrey Street, looks impressive shit - it's called Studio 13?

http://www.studio13gallery.com/

Any advice, plz k thx.

Will

/bin/su
I don't know either of the piercers there tbh. I can ask around if you want.

Will

/bin/su
For an ear or a nose, I wouldn't worry about it. It is a fairly straightforward piercing.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Looked at the site, looks ok yeah, especially as Will says you are only having a standard type of piercing.

Enjoy, one of the chicks on the site is fit btw, number please ;)

Will

/bin/su
Will's mate Chris said:
It is just along the road from Deryk's shop (tribal). Very new. From what I hear is generally bad but they are direct competitors of his shop!! For piercing I would always recommend Sarah at Tribal. She is an extremely good and extremely experienced piercer.

C
The word on the street etc etc.

old.user4556

Cheers Will.

I'm a little cynical that one piercer can be way better than another, i'm only wanting ear lobes done after all ;).

Will

/bin/su
Ear lobes, anyone can do them. I wouldn't sweat which shop.

old.user4556

Got it done, barely felt a thing although it did throb quite a bit later on. The girl who did it was very nice, very cute and very sweet; i love a bit of pale faced, heavy eye make up goth/rock chick.

My mum and sisters are mortified: fuck 'em.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
There needs to be more goth/rock chicks. Way more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom