body caba's dmg

N

necrofill

hi

i would like to know if there is difrent in dmg betwen spec lifedrain and base lifedrain if specced 50 body??

O

old.Zeikerd

Base lifedrain will hit a tiny bit harder in 1.65.

T

Tilda

in addition to base hitting harder, spirit makes you hit even harder. as with body on hibs with 50+% resists it sucks but with spirit its all good :D

Tilda

L

liste

spec lifetap does alot more damage, and it heals you ALOT more than the baseline.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by liste
spec lifetap does alot more damage, and it heals you ALOT more than the baseline.

heals you more, yes
more dammage not realy.

Im assuming you dont want to spec matter as your talking about lifetaps
Spirit cabby does, Hands-down, more dammage than body cabby
And due to the debuffs will survive longer in an MoC vs stealther situation too.

While the B.C nukes for 250 and lifetaps 200 back. The S.C. hits for 450 and taps 300 back.

I

iluvatur

the percentage that you get back is done before resists afaik

E

elbeek

My cabby is now specced 47 spirit 26 body. His baseline dd is capped at 422 whereas the spec dd is capped at 240.

N

necrofill

i tried out me self with help of /level command

the baseline is capped on 177 no matter if spirit or body specced, and the spec lifedrain is capped on 218.
only problem with spirit spec is that i got an varinty(sp?) from 62 to 177!! :/

T

Tilda

Originally posted by necrofill
i tried out me self with help of /level command

the baseline is capped on 177 no matter if spirit of body specced, and the spec lifedrain is capped on 218.
only problem with spirit spec is that i got an varinty(sp?) from 62 to 177!! :/

you cant "test"

a) at level 20
b) without SC
c) at level 20

You dont have the 50% debuff, you dont have your body spec at 40~ with items, RR, SC etc.

Tilda

O

old.Zeikerd

In the current situation, a body cab caps at 500 something and the spirit cab at 422 or more, but the point is moot, as spirit cabs actualy cap in RvR and body cabs only when they assist a spirit cab. But a body sorc is better at assisting because of the higher delve DD and the higher utility.

A

Arri

I found that as a Body Cab I was being healed for far more than as a Sprit Cab.

I think it's based on the amount you hit for before resists, minus crits.

O

old.Elfslayer

I consistantly hit for 400+ dont know where your 200-250 figures come from.... if I dump on my 15% debuff my dmg goes up quite nice, but I`m sort of in the habit of doing it all the time.

N

necrofill

tilda i was only talking about the lifedrains dmg without bodydebuffing!!

F

Flimgoblin

the spec lifetap returns a lot more hp...

so better for MoCing tanks to death I guess :)

Given that the top baseline lifetap doesn't follow the same progression as in-fact as powerful as a normal nuke - it'll actually do more damage than the spec one (if a bit less power efficient)

It delves 5 points higher.

B

Belomar

The problem with MoCing as a spirit cabalist is that you really need the body debuff to land before you can start nuking. For those times you are nearly panicking (which is when you use MoC anyway), it is very easy to (a) miss the debuff (gah, Arnor!), (b) miss that the debuff is resisted, or (c) die before you can start tapping back life. So it's a mixed blessing. ;)

W

-Wedge-

Originally posted by necrofill
tilda i was only talking about the lifedrains dmg without bodydebuffing!!

So you want to compare apples with oranges? Isnt the purpose of looking at spec and base the eventual damage output ? E.g. for a spirit-spec cabalist this is nearly always 400+ while for a body-spec cabalist this is 300ish ?

It doesnt really matter if your nuke does 5000 damage, if the person your nuking has 99.9 resists it'll still hit for feck all damage...

The *only* casters viable in rvr are the ones that either debuff their own damage (spirit cabalist) or have their damage debuffed by someone else...

If you want to compare the damage between a base and spec spell, well, DUH, the spec spell will hit harder or have a (better) special effect...

O

old.Zeikerd

With mom 3 I hit for 460 very often. I always cry out behind my computer: BRING ON THE PAIN!!!!

O

old.Elfslayer

One thing you should consider is that in future patches, (not sure which) the debuff is lowered to 8 seconds. On some people that is not going to last for much time at all, certainly not enough time to take them down. Then a spirit cab is running on some half assed dmg with a big variance. How this actualy pans out I`ve been unable to see as not many cabs in the States havent said how the "nerf" is effecting them. Of course there will be the lvl 50 dd in the baseline of body, but I would still expect there to be quite a difference between someone who is speced high in body and someone who is not. In the end, I generaly play the spec that suits me, if I wanted to deal some huge dmg I`d roll a wiz, or shift realms and be a savage:p (ice wiz is in the making btw ;) )
I`ve played with matter and body, never tried spirit, but prob will do, but body is the one that suits my play style. So basicaly just find what your comfy with, and have fun :D

E

Eggy

Originally posted by elbeek
My cabby is now specced 47 spirit 26 body. His baseline dd is capped at 422 whereas the spec dd is capped at 240.

nooooo more tangler fun for us then! :-( :-( :-( :-( x 1000000001

P

parlain

Originally posted by Eggy
nooooo more tangler fun for us then! :-( :-( :-( :-( x 1000000001

*sidles away before Beeks tells him where the stones came from...*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom