Body Cabalist

Bahumat

FH is my second home
omg he nukes like a dark sm but the pet chain stuns.

i hung around the just before the apple tree's and when necro's jump early to cast pet i interupt and pwn them. i got 5 bubs in about 30 mins. ppl would turn up to get me but they would come solo so i would wait furtheer away from the tree's knowing they would jump earlier.

hehe i had 1 person come every 2 minutes it was a constant line of ppl worth hehe.

in the end about 5 necro turned up and attacked me :(

best bit was an orange skald. nuked him once and he ran off. my pet chases him but his speed kicks in. he stop and mezz's my pet. runs for me so i quick cast root lol. i run to casting range and my pet loses mezz. i then 3 hit the git whilst pet stuns.

i not seen many body cabalist about as ppl go matter for dots or spirit for pet. got mcl and aug acuity 2 so wild power is next on my list. my char also seems to cast through alot i have 150 intel and 140 dex i dont know if thats anything to do with it. im lvl 25 but its so much fun hehe

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Adding this to my "important announcements"-book.

Thanks.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tbh stop going in ppl's posts and pissing them off with patronising insults.

ffs its a daoc forum and i made a char which i enjoyed, i decided to make a post abouit it so fuck off flaming everyone.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
There's probably a reason why there ain't many body cabbies around ;) ... ie, better alternatives :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
well i can get a chanter to 0.2 in two nukes. same with a necro.

if the chanter does not use the nuke pet i root the underhill ally and my pet attacks the caster. then i assist.

also killed bd's with 2 nukes. when im higher ppl get good resists etc so it will be harder but the pet is pretty sick. also using teh lifetap pet to lvl with is nice and easy.

the hp transfer is pretty cool too :D

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
well, as you said, its like a dark sm. only problem is that you dont have aemez. you also dont have pbae to kill lowbie zergs who attack you xD. your pet is worse i would say, because it has to be attacking someone to stun them (root > pet).

i agree with shrye. people dont play them because there are better alternatives.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i spose but i fin it a fun class to play. if iwant the best alternative make a bd but i want to lvl a char thats fun and does not take alot of time to xp. i love my merc but its huge downtime.

ouzoul the dark sm hurts big time but i think she has respecced as i saw her pbaoe kill someone in 1 hit

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
well, as you said, its like a dark sm. only problem is that you dont have aemez. you also dont have pbae to kill lowbie zergs who attack you xD. your pet is worse i would say, because it has to be attacking someone to stun them (root > pet).

i agree with shrye. people dont play them because there are better alternatives.

No it doesnt the pet can stun at up to a range of 500...

He was grped with me alot of the day, me being a spirit caby and tbh, wen lobies gank you, you dont need a pbae, you just LT each of them 1 by 1, thats wot i do on my sorc, they just can interupt you enuff.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
if u as a sm use the 2:nd or whatever pet(the one that looks to wear cloth armor) it stuns the target every 4 hits, dunno if it intercepts as much as the higher pets tho so sm>caba, mezz 4tw

Natswoo

Banned
Why choose an ugly albion race over a cute ikkle Koby and be a dark SM, their pets can stun lifetap and best of all intercept melee attacks, Sm's have ae mezz and also the same delve value lifetap of Cabbs :cheers:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
is teh sm lifetap 80% return?

nedo if you jump me then you could win but then if i jump you i would prob win.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
its 90% return at higher lvls (at least 47 spec one is 90%)

then again, you could have checked it by yourself on camelotherald about 400 times in the 43 mins it took me to answer you.

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
no, it's 90% ^^

edit: pffft. that phle4 fuck beat me to it ^^

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
body cabalist is amazing, certainly fun 2 play, ive tried body, matter and spirit and tbh id go for spirit for pve, or if u have a buffbot, go matter :) with the lifetap pet (who with full spirit took out 2 yellows and a blue (root pull 1 yellow, pet gets agro off the other and the blue, owns quiet well :D)) its very easy 2 pve, and id say is better pve than necro (Alot more passive, just debuff pull and sick pet on mob :p) but id go matter so that ur pet can take high lvl mobs and u can dot 2 kill quicker and xp well.

also i think a good spec is 40 body rest matter? (or is it 40 matter rest body?) as u can dot and have strong lifetaps with chain stunning pet, rocks, and is pissing anoying when u die 2 a cabalist

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
also i think a good spec is 40 body rest matter? (or is it 40 matter rest body?) as u can dot and have strong lifetaps with chain stunning pet, rocks, and is pissing anoying when u die 2 a cabalist

body rest spirit. Debuff your own lifedrain damage.

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
25 matter 34 body 33 spirit

30% debuff(enough with good template)
good body for yellow ae disease,less variance on base lifedrain and decent heals
45% nearsight
nice pet buffs
lvl 21 ae dot to annoy greys ;)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Zephyrex said:

good body for yellow ae disease,less variance on base lifedrain and decent heals
45% nearsight
nice pet buffs

and shit loadsa resists on 50's :)

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Zephyrex said:

45% nearsight
nice pet buffs

This is a caster not a tank u tit. Not gonna touch a yellow con like this.

Tbh best way is just go full spirit spec to get atleast the last body debuff, then rest in body.

That gives hardcore pet, more regular base LT, and a 50% LT, now ur a chanter with a chain stun ;)

Debuff, LT for hardcore amounts and have a roxorin pet :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
so far im lvl 26 with rr1L8. i got mcl, aug acuity2 and wild power. i hit yellows for about 180.

i went to domnan and pwnd the town then they all decide to team up and kill me scum bags. still killed one b4 my little fish man faced the dirt.

i got a 5 kill death spam woo hoo

Tilda

Tsabo said:
This is a caster not a tank u tit. Not gonna touch a yellow con like this.

Tbh best way is just go full spirit spec to get atleast the last body debuff, then rest in body.

That gives hardcore pet, more regular base LT, and a 50% LT, now ur a chanter with a chain stun ;)

Debuff, LT for hardcore amounts and have a roxorin pet :p
Split spec is a perfectly viable spec.
Im going to come in all <big epeen, move over> here.
I have a cabby, (not on pvp i know). Ive played body spec, matter spec, spirit spec and several combinations of split spec.
All are viable.
The ones that are currently most viable would be:
  • High spirit, rest body, debuff, lifetap, win
  • High body rest spirit, debuff, lifetap
  • Split spec, it dosnt get resisted as much as you would think, and mid lvl debuff and mid lvl body (hardly any variance on base lifetap) work as well as spirit spec. The nearsight works well too.
  • Matter is ok, its situational and easly healed against, VS keep takes, it can be quite good.

At a lower RR, i'd be inclined to stick with either body, or a 3 way split spec. Once you get to higher RR, and thus get say +16 or so to all specs, you can think about lowering body (imo) and raising either matter or spirit. I'd go higher spirit because thats how i like to play.
Re-reading what ive jsut writted, not much of what i've said makes sense. But, my main point is, dont come along and say oo split spec sucks balls. Unless you've tried it. And as far as I know Tsabo, you dont have a RR8 cabalist?
Oh, also, change the avatar.
Thanks.

Tilda

Bahumat

FH is my second home
what i would say tilda is body is the best spec in my eyes, my reason being on pvp you get attacked from all angles. i have been low on hp and quick cast lifetap and gone near full hp.

a cross spec may work as yellow debuff and lifedrain would probably be the same dmg as a red one but you get the benefits of the other spec line too. this has its fault that you lose some of the advantages of the body spec. i however dont have a lvl 50 cabalist nor have i read up on them yet so i may not be entirely correct.

if you got time can you either post here or pm me with some useful things you know, good RA's to get i.e. the order to get them. good lvling spots, hints for killing ppl etc.

so far i can pretty much beat anyone. stealther are a mixed bag, pet may insta stun them or may not. this determines the fight.

necro's are a piece of cake.

chanters.....well they have one HUGE downfall to how they play and i capitalise on this to great affect. its common sense and they never learn.

bd's either 2 hit them or let pet attack for a while then poke me head out and 2 hit.

They are a gr8 class especially body spec. would love to get this class higher so if anyone has a lvl 50 cabalist nudge nudge tilda please tell me some stuff you have learnt etc.

p.s. tilda remove that avatar straight away i am very insulted by it. i look to save the tigers and you capturing one then stamping on its toes to make its tongue come out for comedy value is sick and disgusting.

hehe you almost believed me

Tilda

Well, if you want, i could roll a cabby and we could duo during daytimes somtimes? :p (Excal RvR group in evening :p)

Also, its easier to answer specific questions, rather than just, "tell me what you know oh great one!" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom