BM Speccing...

S

spankya

Whats best for a celt BM? Pierce, blunt or blades? Pierce looks best to me, but not sure :) Please advise :D

V

Vantros

pierce is ment to be better so peeps say but tbh it comes down to personal preferance, i am 50 blades, 50 CD, and 28 parry.. rest shoved wherever it wants to be.....

C

Crashtje

Blunt for damage output, Blades for ......... um, and peirce for best taunting :O i think

E

exe

If u look at current armor tables ull figure out that pierce still is>all, so imo 50pierce/50cd/28parry.

V

VodkaFairy

50 weapon
42 shield
39 cd

or

50 weapon
50 cd
28 parry

& don't forget prevent flight :p

M

Moody

Blades of course, for the Crescent swords :) They look leet :D

A BM was my first char on daoc till they talked me into joining albion

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by exe
If u look at current armor tables ull figure out that pierce still is>all, so imo 50pierce/50cd/28parry.

S

spankya

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
50 weapon
42 shield
39 cd

Gimp spec ^^ :p

PS Gif more DF duoing, last time was teh fun :p We pwnd :D

T

talivarevil

50 blunt 41 cd 40 parry 8 shield, pierce may have better armour tables but i dont seem to do much less that pierce bms and + when fight is even and all support dead and tanks turn on me i can still do good ::)

V

VodkaFairy

Problem with pierce is you don't get a proper anytime style.. just a chain of 4 (!) moves of which only the last two are nice.

V

VodkaFairy

And spanky, I love to duo, but you're not on alot and DF is closed now :p

E

exe

Problem with pierce is you don't get a proper anytime style.. just a chain of 4 (!) moves of which only the last two are nice.
Use CD styles.... especially after 1.62

V

VodkaFairy

pierce styles > cd styles

no change in CD anytime styles in 1.62 or am I mistaken?

S

spankya

pierce styles > cd styles

no change in CD anytime styles in 1.62 or am I mistaken?

Atm... at low lvls... CD styles r the only styles I use until I get diamond back etc. Maybe thats wrong of me, dunno, am a BM n00b :p

S

spankya

And spanky, I love to duo, but you're not on alot and DF is closed now :p

Yeah, gif DF more :(

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by spankya
Whats best for a celt BM? Pierce, blunt or blades? Pierce looks best to me, but not sure :) Please advise :D

BM = support/mage-killer.

all mages have have neutral to all armour and all support-chars cept friars(and pallys if you count them :p) have thrustvunreble armour. so Piercing > all imo :)

S

StormriderX

Shouldn't be using anytime styles for anything other than to back up your positionals...

Just use pierce taunt to back up then switch to 4 part anytime if opponent insists on facing you t.t

As for 1.62 parently hurricane still sucks ass but ice storm will be quite good damage, with the only downside being the presence of the ghetto 4s stun >,<

E

elerand

Don't use the 4s stun if there is a LW/shield tank about, use it on someone after your casters, then move to the rear for PF and rear moves.

Reactionaries/positionals are great fun to use, after playing my VW for so long and having basically no anytime style I've gotten over whining about no anytime style ;)

The third style in the black widow chain is an attack spd debuff, it's quite handy but if you have lost a bard you run out of end faily quickly using it and there is one or two in the CD line anyway and those are a little more end friendly...

W

Widow_

meh gimp spec..

Well my spec atm is..

50 blunt
42 shield
29 cd
26 parry

Wanted slam so i could help my supporters.. kinda sad when all u can do (wihtout slam) is to watch and c them get killed.

And all i lost is 5% less change parry.. and bout 7.5% change hitting with LH wich imo makes slam worth it.

and with 29 CD i got Ice Storm -> Tempest.. Tempest is the one they make ubah in 1.62 with teh bleed for 20 dmg (or sumthing).

Blunt has the nice after parry combo.. and nice styles after Block thats why i use blunt.. would use Pierce if i were a Celt BM with no shield spec.. stun after evade and +dmg on mid & alb healers.

So if u dont gonna spec Shield.. spec Pierce its teh pwn etc

E

elerand

Re: meh gimp spec..

Originally posted by Widow_
Well my spec atm is..

50 blunt
42 shield
29 cd
26 parry

Wanted slam so i could help my supporters.. kinda sad when all u can do (wihtout slam) is to watch and c them get killed.

And all i lost is 5% less change parry.. and bout 7.5% change hitting with LH wich imo makes slam worth it.

and with 29 CD i got Ice Storm -> Tempest.. Tempest is the one they make ubah in 1.62 with teh bleed for 20 dmg (or sumthing).

Blunt has the nice after parry combo.. and nice styles after Block thats why i use blunt.. would use Pierce if i were a Celt BM with no shield spec.. stun after evade and +dmg on mid & alb healers.

So if u dont gonna spec Shield.. spec Pierce its teh pwn etc

Been pierce/shield, thing that changed everything for me was prevent flight, it's aggro for rvr ;)

I specced out of shield because, however effective I found it to be I was bored and wanted to kill stuff again, never saw much of my own death spam with it, pf is one of those ra's a lot of people don't know you have though, so you have to sort of inform people over and over what to do when you are behind any tank on them ;)

Only difference in the spec widow has and I had is I opted for 16 CD to get more in parry, think widows spec is better post 1.62.

Users who are viewing this thread