Bluetooth Dongles

Tilda

Ok, I have a Moto v500.
And am interested in several things, and any information anybody can provide about them.

Firstly, im interested in being able to copy my address book onto my computer.
Secondly, I'd like to be able to DL the photos on my phone and upload mp3s to use as ring tones and games.
Thirdly, a while back, I saw a site that would help you flash your phone, so effectivley your phone was running the v600(?) firmware enabling you to record and view videos etc. I'd like to do this.

From what I gather, I could do this with a bluetooth thing, except I dont know what I want?
Should I go for a random brand cheepo thing, and use free/3rd party software, or should I go the for more expensive (but more compatible?) motorola software?

Assuming this question gets answered, could anybody then tell me how I'd go about upgrading the firmware and or what decent connection software there is?

Many thanks,
Tilda

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Flashing can't be done by bluetooth, bluetooth needs the phone to be on, flashing is carried out with the phone off. The handsets bluetooth stack is part of what you update - a bit difficult to do when it's in use don'tcha think?

Also, the V600 can't record video. That's the new Motorola refresh, the V620.

Tilda

So if I want to flash it, i'd need a cable?
Am I right in assuming that I can do everything I can do with bluetooth, with a cable?
Any idea about the software I should use Xav?
Thanks for the help so far :D

Tilda

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
are all bluetooth dongles equal? i just got a k700i so i want to transfer stuff over and stuff.. how mcuh should i be looking at spending, and from where. ta muchly !

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I have a TDK bluetooth dongle, I cant think where I got it from, the model number or how much it was, but I doubt it was much and it does everything you would want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom