Bloodmasters - slightly brilliant top-down shoot-em-up!

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I would have enjoyed that more if I actually played multiplayer games any more.

On a somewhat relatedish note, however, in the sense that this thread contains the phrase "shoot-em-up" and I couldn't be fucked making a new thread, go here and be fun-ified! The PC shmup links are pretty extensive. I am on to the Bs so far.

Actually it would help if I could read japanese as half of these things are written in their crazy moon language.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Fancy listing some of the good ones then?

Argh, this has really put me in the mood for a good shootemup. I had an awesome one on the DC but I can't be arsed to dig it out/plug it in tbh.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I haven't gone through many yet as I went to sleep soon after posting that. Hoh.
I think the ones with the coin emblem thing behind the text that often makes it insanely hard to read the description are the ones they think are the best.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
What really bothers me is the feeling that I've never had a chance to get my hands on all these awesome shmups because they only exist in Japan. There must be so many released for the various consoles which I'll never, ever be able to play, and that makes me sad.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh and while any self-respecting gamer should at least have heard of it, I'd never actually tried it myself till just now, and it fucking rocks: Torus Trooper.
nath - what was the DC game you were talking about, anyhow?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I can't for the life of me remember the name but it was with Helicopters. And you'd fly along in lovely pseudo 3d shooting the shit out of stuff as you do. One thing that sticks out is that the end bosses always had the same MO. You'd fight some standard looking thing for a while - like a submarine or a B2 Stealth Bomber - and when you beat it, it'd turn in to a mech.

It was uber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom