Games Blood Bowl

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
so its been released, an awesome sports game based on american football and the warhammer universe. basically, its two teams made up of a warhammer faction (such as humans, dwarves, orcs, chaos etc) battling on an american football pitch. theres many ways to win games such as trying to play regular football (passing, rushing etc), killing/incapacitating the whole enemy team (tackle and maul them) or using a mix of the two.
it can be played in either real-time and turn-based mode, but i found the real-time mode a bit too easy and forgiving. turn-based with classic rules is where its at, and its pretty damn addictive.

heres a trailer:
YouTube - Blood Bowl Official Trailer

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Havent tried it but its been very low rated all across gaming boards :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I remember playing the tabletop version of blood bowl, it was quite fun :p

There was another game similar to this on the Amiga, not sure on the name though :(

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
There was another game similar to this on the Amiga, not sure on the name though :(
i think it was also called blood bowl.

and yes ive read about the views of people that its not very good, and i havent got that deep into it yet (only got lvl 2 players) but its fun and addictive, sadly i dont have the time to nolife it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bought it and found it boring. BUt i have no interest in american football.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it's like the board game/rules etc), it could be pixel graphics on vector graphics and i'd still love it!

Syri

FH is my second home
I remember playing the tabletop version of blood bowl, it was quite fun :p

I remember the Amiga one, if it's the same one I'm thinking of anyway. Was called Brutal Sports Football.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
If it's like the board game/rules etc), it could be pixel graphics on vector graphics and i'd still love it!
from what i hear the turn based mode is a very faithful representation of the tabletop, quite like temple of elemental evil was with d&d3.5, pretty much as near as you can get on the pc and still keep it playable and fun. i havent played the tabletop version of BB myself so i wouldnt know though.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I found the original on Abandonia, tempted to have a tickle ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Never been a fan of Warhammer in any way, but I've always been a Madden fan and violence is my favourite :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Played the pen & paper version when I was about 13. It was truly awful

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I remember the Amiga one, if it's the same one I'm thinking of anyway. Was called Brutal Sports Football.

Myself and a friend LOVED that game, the decapitation was especially awesome.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I used to have a similar game on the Mega Drive. Pretty sure it was aso called Blood Bowl. Not certain though, t'was a good game.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think the mega drive one was called Mutant League Football or something similar.

and Brutal Sports Football is found here!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
if you like brutality & football, go to West Ham. The ICF will give you a warm welcome

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Been playing this pretty much a lot over the last 3 days its hard to pull myself away. Having fun with a lizardman team at the minute good when you start leveling up chars and getting some decent abilities. Just got home from the pub and going to boot it up for a couple hours before bed :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I bought this yesterday :) I tried a little bit of it lastnight but not too much time on me hehe :) will have a proper go tonight... looks pretty good... from what I have read... Cant wait to play Skaven, hehe

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
ive played it quite a bit now:
the commentary and animations get repetitive after a while, since theres not too many of them. but the tactical part (and leveling up your players!) doesnt get boring.

playing as chaos, its so awesome against the weaker fighting teams (skaven,human,goblin) most matches end with me killing/injurying most (if not all) of their team and then just running touchdowns with my emerging star chaos warrior.

what is really fucked up though, is the ball out of bounds rules. when the ball goes out of bounds they throw it into the field at some random position - most often 5 yards from my touchdown line. ive lost a few games in the overtime by knocking their ballcarrier down, ball bounces a bit and lands off the field, then gets thrown in near my touchdown line and since their team is just faster they get it and score. pisses me off quite a bit

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Aye with you on the commentary like, gets old fast. Yeah the randomness of the throw in can be proper annoying as well, more mobile players help sometimes.

I got 4xlevel 5 skinks for running the ball now though 2 have 1+MA (9) so one then a pass to a 2nd and they can run pretty much entire length of the field. Sidestep and dodge is an awesome combo as well dodge loads of attacks and if you get surrounded can usually sidestep away from attacks and further up the field, stunty+dodge for running through tackle zones is op as well.
Lizard mens blocker type guys arent too great for pummeling stuff usually get 3-4 badly damaged hits a match and maybe a kill every 5 matches. The ability block is awesome though save's a knock down nearly everytime. Got a few blockers at level 4 now and with Mighty Blow, Stand Firm and stuff they can be pretty useful.

There are some player types on orc and chaos and the unique players on certain teams lizard men cant even think about attacking. Black orcs are usually dangerous unless it is the meathead lizard that goes in the middle, the treemen, ogres, the dwarf roller and most chaos are all pretty much dont attacks as well. Its fun player woodelfs or skaven, they sometimes have like 4 players on the pitch at the end haha.

Anyone else not seem to be able to save up much money either? At the start of play-offs I tend to stop using money for the pre-match item buying at all so that I can save for a Star-Player for the last match. Then usually have to buy a player or 2 back due to their contracts ending, never seem to be able to compete with opponents in terms of pre-match spending. Some teams taking in like 600k when I'm doing well to stay around 100-150. Cant find anyway to sell my players of anything. o0

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
yeah i hear making money is one of the toughest parts, though i havent spent much money on acquiring star players - i am just hoping my guys grow into star players (thats possible, right?).
the mutations you can get for chaos are really quite nice, like the tentacle (make a str roll before you are allowed to dodge away from the player) or claw (more injuries on opponents).
horns+juggernaut+block(+MA if i can get it next level) is pretty awesome for a beastman blitzer. awesome if you keep him in the backfield, ready to just KAPOWN any of the runners (who usually have really low str) who get past 'the wall' in the midfield :D

Cozak

Part of the furniture
The horns abil is vicious yeah, flattens wee skinks :(

Yeah your players can grow into star ones, got 2 skinks level7 today they get all the gear graphics for free so they look cool as well :D Player contracts start running out about level 6-7 so watch at the end on some seasons as you need to buy players back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom