Blink and you missed it

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Second Phase Account Creation Ends
28/01/2005
We would like to thank all those players who have registered to join the second phase of the Final Beta Test. As a result of your overwhelming support we have now reached our current server capacity and account creation for the second phase has been disabled. All those people who have successfully created an account will be able to join the game at the start of the second phase, which will be announced here shortly.

sheesh and i could have been working from 12 to 12 today

comiserations to all who didn't even notice the sign up

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah went superfast... didn't expect the signups to end in less than a day.
I was lucky a friend told me you could signup now or I would have missed it, been working on school stuff all day.

Got my very own account now though, finally no more closed beta account sharing for me ;)

Now it's just waiting till they announce the release date imo, hope it will be feb 11th

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Missed it , turned on icq and found out that a irl mate had signed me up :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Oh man, just another example of how incredibly popular this game is!

Feb 11th is my 18th bday party :D

I got in :D amazed how fast it closed
smile_grr.gif
On the the creating account steps, it asks for "Country" .. but it didn't have United Kingdom / Great Britian on the drop down menu.. Anyone else notice this? Ended up putting Yemen down.

Funkybunny

Banned
i registered an account... and i MIGHT give it away if someone pm's me and tell me a good reason why you should get it... :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Yeppy Kinkster said:

I got in :D amazed how fast it closed
smile_grr.gif
On the the creating account steps, it asks for "Country" .. but it didn't have United Kingdom / Great Britian on the drop down menu.. Anyone else notice this? Ended up putting Yemen down.

it was in german i think for me, might have been french, can't remember now. UK wasn't there, it was down as Grosse Britaine or something.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
I missed the signup by a minute or less. I was filling in the form as they took the pages down. I'd been sitting online all day waiting for it too (read somewhere that Beta-2 was happening today, didn't want to miss it).

I was feeding our ickle babba when it started I think. bah :(

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Accidentally stumbled upon the signup at university and just made it in time :D

The language on the Country-dropdown was german and UK is apparently called Grosse Brittanien or similar there.

Kind regards

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
i registered an account... and i MIGHT give it away if someone pm's me and tell me a good reason why you should get it... :p

Why register one if you didn't need it yourself?

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
Accidentally stumbled upon the signup at university and just made it in time :D

The language on the Country-dropdown was german and UK is apparently called Grosse Brittanien or similar there.

Kind regards

There wasn't a "Netherlands" or a "Holland" in the list either, it was in french; Pays-Bas

Blizzard should know there are more languages in Europe than French and German.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Firebirth said:
Wait until the cripplingly slow download rates..... :flame:

God, tell me about it, i've had it running since friday evening and i'm at 45 percent downloaded. A lot of the time i've had it running in upload mode, i was getting up to 20kb/s on that although usually less than 10kb/s and only about 6-10 when in non upload, but whenever i switch it my entire upload bandwith is leeched by the bloody torrent which means i can't do anything else. It's a stupid system where they don't allow you to limit upload bandwith to that of download bandwith or at least allow you to set limits on both.

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
client d/l link been at wow euro site like 3 weeks now . so no need to cry why its so slow as i think 2.6 gigs should be able to d/l in 3weeks or so.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Since its torrent, it should just go faster, I got mine over night using 8mbitdown/0.8mbit up connection. Topped at 120kb/s and slowest was 10kb/s. :/

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Hahah

I clicked, made an account. then (5 secs later) i wanted to make 2nd account for a friend.. but was closed:p

and i had: Niederlandish orsmt:p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
Since its torrent, it should just go faster, I got mine over night using 8mbitdown/0.8mbit up connection. Topped at 120kb/s and slowest was 10kb/s. :/

I was topping out at about 20kb/s, only got a 512mbit 20:1 contention line, but there is no contention and i would have expected 80+kb/s it's just annoying that it's taking 100% of my upload bandwith and almost none of my d/l bandwith...

anin

Fledgling Freddie
I used netlimiter to control me up/download speed. It worked like a sharm for me

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
i dont seem to be peer sharing on mine, for some reason, ive done the obvious and it makes no difference, and i cant get on the WoW forums cos they been buggered since they came up yesterday. downloading a 6kbps and im only on 20% : :mad:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Evoknox said:
There wasn't a "Netherlands" or a "Holland" in the list either, it was in french; Pays-Bas

Blizzard should know there are more languages in Europe than French and German.

you mean like welsh? :D

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Yeppy Kinkster said:

Then you better hope it doesn't come out till the week after, just about the time you start to regain consciousness. :) :drink:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Firebirth said:
i dont seem to be peer sharing on mine, for some reason, ive done the obvious and it makes no difference, and i cant get on the WoW forums cos they been buggered since they came up yesterday. downloading a 6kbps and im only on 20% : :mad:

you need port forwarding set up on your router/firewall for it to work. I must now disable that though.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu list the tracker URLs to the blizzard torrents.

Use one of their links with azureus, shimple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom