Blimey, that has to hurt..

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes its totally safe for work, sorry :) No nudity or sex or anything like that.

Chilly

Balls of steel
jaba said:
is it work safe mr. Tom?
yeah it is.

poor lil girl...think of her when she wants to have sex, orgasms are a kind of pain so shel never have one

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
It's a news article, I haven't read all of it but it was work safe half-way down.

mank!

Part of the furniture
It's as safe as Tom's undies drawer. I bet he uses DAZ.

That's depressing, when I started reading I thought but what if she never realises she's got a serious condition, like her appendix is about to burst or she's having a heart attack? That's the least of her worries, me thinks :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thats quite a sad story.

Just imagine how much danger she will get herself into. She could break her legs and not even know about it...

Summo

Loyal Freddie
There was a documentary about some British twins (or at least siblings) who had this and would 'play' by smacking each other round the head with household objects.

There's your support group.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's really unsettling tbh. Poor girl :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, it is very much a disadvantage. I mean, if pain was totally unnecessary then we would have evolved without it.. it really is there for a purpose. The thing I keep thinking of is that she could very easily burn herself in the kitchen..cause a horrendous amount of damage without even noticing it. She's going to have to be very careful and be extremely aware of her surroundings her entire life, it's terrible.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Summo said:
There was a documentary about some British twins (or at least siblings) who had this and would 'play' by smacking each other round the head with household objects.

There's your support group.

Now that's comedy! :D

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Summo said:

wow, I'd pay to see that

Chilly

Balls of steel
its kind of an extreme case of Leprosy, where you lose the nerve endings. Still a bit crap for her :(

Athan

Resident Freddy
Hmmm, now admittedly my information on this is from the Thomas Covenant books, but ... Lepers suffer a slight version of this, losing a lot of the feeling in their extremites, and end up having to do VSE - Visual Surveillance of Extremities to check for injuries that could get infected (worse for a Leper than normal).

So, it strikes me that although it's not THE same, there should at least be some experience around at how she should deal with the problem on a practical day to day level.

-Ath

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Leprosy is a disease, this is a genetic disorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom