Blatent Cheating on Caledonia, Excaliber

X

xajorkith

Noooooooooooo DAoC bubble burst :(

Excalibur, Midgard. Monday 8-July-2002 21:15 – 22:15

Bridge to Central keep from Midgard Telekeep.

Three Albion’s “entered” this bridge through some graphics bug, where they remained. The Midgards could not target them, could not see them, and could not inflict damage on them. But the three casters inflicted heavy damage on any Midgard that crossed the bridge.

The cheating Albion scum I hope they fecking choke on their illicit realm points.

All the Midgard players left the BG in disgust at such blatant cheating! What is the point in BG’s if this goes on? I will no longer play in the BG’s.

I didn't manage to get any screenies and my chat.log didn't have anything of use. I couldn't work out how to inform GOA so I suppose the cheating will go on.

Quote from:
http://www.camelot-europe.com/en/infos/ccomport.php

Players undertake not to make use of any bug, not to use any undocumented functions and not to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults they may discover to GOA personnel as soon as possible.

Not a happy bunny

H

Hoam_Less

I heard someone on mid/pryd boasting about how they can get into the bridge in cale after I told the group I was off there, I'm not gonna mention names but it's obviously a well known bug and it's just a shame that some people have to exploit it :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well, lets introduce public naming'n'shaming again...
worked in the middle ages - will work now...

Yes, naming and shaming can be abused just as well, but at least it leads to discussion.

GOA seems to be kind of reluctant to ban (or has that changed meanwhile?). Even well known bug abusers get away with their shit.

Or has someone else a better idea?

F

Flimgoblin

They get suspended I think... just they don't get posted on the webpage or anything :)

At least I get that impression from other threads... could be wrong.

H

Haeldan

Well, I happen to know that GOA is informed of what took place... :D
The players are named and the matter is under investigation. :twak:

A

Alrindel

Report them on RightNow. GOA will check it (it takes a while, but they will do it). If it is true, the first time offenders will get a warning and a three day suspension.

Second time offenders will be banned and their characters deleted.

A

Aeiedil

What Alrindel said. GOA don't name any players that are found guilty or whatever, but that dosen't stop the players coming here to moan or boast or whatever.

O

old.Spanjab

That really is disturbing! I am an Albion and have fought a lot in Caledonia defending and retaking the keep there and it is great fun! I for one will gladly name anyone I see cheating on my side but luckily so far I have not seen this.

O

old.Tohtori

Ofcourse we forget that bugs shouldn't be posted here but..ah well..

O

old.Spanjab

I thought this forum was 'General Discussion' which for my mind kinda means we can use ot for 'General Discussion'?

:p

O

old.Tohtori

GOA/Mythic policy on found bugs was what i meant...

A

Ardwan

Aye, that's a point.
There might have been a lot of people who didn't know about this bug, but would be more than happy to exploit it, so now they go and try to get inside the bridge...

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Ardwan
Aye, that's a point.
There might have been a lot of people who didn't know about this bug, but would be more than happy to exploit it, so now they go and try to get inside the bridge...

Eyes and Ears team have heard that GOA are definitely taking stronger action these days than perhaps they did a while ago when Sinister had his little stroll around Albion. Bug abusers will be suspended or banned if caught, and the log files never lie. I hope this puts enough people off trying it.....

A

Alrindel

Then anyone who has read this thread can't claim that they didn't know they were breaking the rules, and risking getting banned.

Zargar came on IRC today:

<Zargar> Guys when people exploit bugs like going into castle walls and other similar places. Just today 7 people have been suspended for this. Please inform people of the consequenses if you see them do this.
<[NP]REgent> zargar, how long is their accoutn suspended ?
<[NP]REgent> cause I guess it's not permanent
<Zargar> Depends on offense and on their record
<Zargar> Im just saying that I'd like you to spread the word because i dont enjoy kicking people and people dont enjoy encountering exploiters

If you cheat, you will almost certainly be reported by the people around you and you have a good chance of having your account terminated.

D

Damon_D

Bahhh If peopel cheat and they know it they shouldnt get there account suspended , it should be destroyed/deleted/shov'd up there arses , cheaters are the low'st form of vermin :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom